Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Conray
Does anyone else's facility use Conray? We haven't been able to get it. Is anyone else able to?
Views: 87   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 26, 2020 2:07pm
by Francine Morgano
Influenza
I am just wondering where everyone reserves their Flu Vaccine from each year? We use Vaccine Shoppe and Cardinal Health. Just curious others' experience with their distributors.
Views: 149   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 25, 2020 5:12pm
by Francine Morgano
Looking for any fellow MT Pharmacy Buyers!
Hello everyone! I am curious if there are any other fellow pharmacy buyers located in Montana out there? I am doing some research on my position and would love some feedback from others located in my geological location. Thanks!
Views: 160   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 25, 2020 5:10pm
by Francine Morgano
Covid-19
Just wanted to touch base with all other buyers and see if you are surviving the Pandemic. The following items seem to be extremely hard to find: Propofol Midazolam Hydromorphone Keep your heads up! This too shall pass!
Views: 98   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 29, 2020 9:04pm
by Francine Morgano
Pharmacy Buyers group on Facebook
Hello Everyone, I wanted to invite you all to join my Facebook group "Pharmacy Buyers". I started the group last year as a networking and career resource for Pharmacy Buyers, as well as a safe place to vent. I have about 40 members and would like to add more. We got...
Views: 164   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 7, 2020 1:56pm
by Cassidy Russell
Porcine Full Strength Thyroid Sources
Has anyone found a credible source for purchasing full strength porcine thyroid powder? We are still looking for options.
Views: 188   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 25, 2018 7:01am
by Mark Galla
Establishing par levels for perpetual inventory
Hi! Does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions for establishing par levels? We are in the middle of changing EMRs and drug cabinets (goodbye, Omnicell), so I do not have a lot of time to go through each item individually. I have run reports from the drug...
Views: 218   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 8, 2018 2:01pm
by Paige Hill
disaster and pyxis
We are running a mock disaster in which all power and generators are gone. Would opening our pyxis machines even be an option? No idea where meds are at and cant leave narcotics unattended. Any thoughts on this?
Views: 211   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 2, 2018 11:52am
by Kerry
340-B, waste, and charging patients.
Hello everyone, I am a buyer for 3 Cancer Center facilities and along with buying I manage our 340-B savings for the sites I buy at. While looking into some overspending on I found that we are not able to waste on items less than a billable unit. From Apexus I hav...
Views: 325   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 10, 2018 1:36pm
by Ciara Daily
sterile talc
Does anyone know where to get sterile talc? I previously bought it from Lymol ( previously Bryan Corp.), wondering if anyone has been able to purchase it and if so from where? Thanks, Vicki
Views: 304   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 10, 2018 12:51pm
by bledi
LIdocaine vial shortage
We've been scrambling for a few months now, does anyone have a really good plan. Pfizer/Hospira will be having issues until 3/19.
Views: 295   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 9, 2018 6:42pm
by Pam Shea
Compounded Progesterone Injection
Is anyone aware of a 503B that compounds progesterone injection? Thank you
Views: 206   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 9, 2018 5:31am
by Shawn Millen
NON- PVC Bags
WOW- So exhausted today looking for Non-PVC bags to update my crash carts. After reaching out to many different company's. Here is what I got; Feels like I'm in the middle of a hostage situation. From one vendor Hello Shawn, Thank you for...
Views: 252   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 27, 2018 9:59am
by SANDY LORING
m
Misty
Inventory Systems
I am a new buyer at our Hospital, and am pioneering this position as we have never had a designated buyer. We have no electronic inventory system and I am curious what other Hospitals use to track inventory. We are a small, rural Hospital with no nearby Hospital...
Views: 311   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 26, 2018 5:46pm
by Misty
s
SANDY
hydromorphone inj
so now...... both of my wholesalers have ZERO none, at all!!!!!!!!!!!!! of any strength, or size, HYDROMORPHONE Inj. any one, out there have any secrets they want to share on this one.??????? going to bring in some bottles of Jose Cuervo Gold:sunglasses: :rel...
Views: 240   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 27, 2018 6:37am
by Shawn Millen
ondansetron inj
anyone have any info where we can get ondansetron inj?????? this one snuck up on me....:slightly_frowning_face:
Views: 243   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 15, 2018 11:52am
by SANDY
New buyer help
Hello all! I'm new to the purchasing world as a full time job. I'm just looking to meet new people willing to share their expertise. I'm excited to go to the conference this summer for the first time to learn new and exciting ways to save money but in the mean tim...
Views: 352   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 12, 2018 2:43pm
by Stephen
Mephyton tabs - EXPENSIVE!
Hi all, Wondering what you were doing (if anything) to reduce the cost impact of the Mephyton 5mg tabs. With WAC price approaching $6000 per 100 tabs, we're looking for ways to save money. Thanks!
Views: 307   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 12, 2018 2:38pm
by Stephen
Major Drug Disruption in the near furture
With the current devastating weather, conditions that has plagued the United States this summer the health care industry will suffer greatly. For many years the supply chain of critical medications has been shaky at best and just on the verge making a slow crawl upw...
Views: 343   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 23, 2018 4:01pm
by Maria Terch
p
Pam
Pharmacy Purchasing being taken over by Supply Chain
Are any of you experiencing this notion by Corp that Supply Chain can handle the ordering and supplying Medications?
Views: 334   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 19, 2017 5:37am
by Pam Shea
Pfizer Hospira Merger
Anyone else concerned about the Pfizer / Hospira merger? Leaving one manufacture with 60% of the injectable market? The merger it self has caused many stock outs. With permission from the FDA that they will no longer be manufacturing Epinephrine in 1mg/1ml ampule. Th...
Views: 247   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 5, 2017 7:41am
by Pam
k
Kerry
telepharmacy
Are any of your pharmacies using telepharmacy services? If so, can you please share any contact information you may have? thank you,
Views: 244   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 5, 2017 10:25am
by Kerry Young
t
Tara
Oral Morphine
For withdrawing neonates we are providing syringes of oral morphine that contain 0.1mg/0.5mL. We buy oral morphine 10mg/5mL and dilute this with sterile water. Due to our facility's type of clean room we can only give 14 day dating. Anyone know of a compounder tha...
Views: 215   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 30, 2017 10:20am
by Tara
DSCSA Guidlelines
Hello all, Does anyone know where I can find exactly what I need to be doing for the new DSCSA guidelines? With all of the information I have found, I need to go through a lot of manufacturer and distributor information and haven't found anything that states spec...
Views: 376   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 7, 2017 7:49am
by Paige Hill
t
Tara
503 Compounders
Looking for a 503 Compounding registered for business in NY that can/does compound methotrexate inj. for ectopic pregnancy. Anyone know of a place?
Views: 237   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 3, 2017 7:57am
by Tara
k
Karn
Critical item list
Does anyone have a critical item list for epidemics or outbreaks. My boss is asking me to come up with a list so I was hoping that someone out there has one that I can start with and then adapt to our area. If you have one please fax to 1-920-926-8726 or email me a...
Views: 241   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 30, 2017 11:10am
by Karn
a
Amy
Conference worth attending?
Hi All- I'm thinking about attending this years conference and I'm wondering if the information you received from previous conferences has been helpful; or do you find the info addresses workflow practices with little resolve?
Views: 363   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 11, 2016 6:54am
by Bobbi
Non Sterile Compounding Companies
We are looking for a company to compound GI Cocktail w/lidocaine. As of right now our technicians compound it. Looking for a company that will make this. Quva has reached out to us, but will not have their non sterile license until next month. Any suggestions wou...
Views: 315   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 5, 2016 7:39am
by Kerry
Outpatient Cancer Center
The system that I work with purchase an outpatient Cancer Center last summer. I have been doing the purchasing for this department. There is discussion that they should be handling their purchase and not have the inpatient pharmacy take care of this. I would like to...
Views: 269   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 3, 2016 1:16pm
by Wendy
Pharmacy Purchasing Organizational Chart
Would anyone be willing to share what their Pharmacy Purchasing department consists of? Possibly and Organizational Chart for your facility that includes the number of staff members in the purchasing department. (Buyers, techs, etc.)
Views: 315   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 15, 2015 2:03pm
by Starr Smith
Store Rooms
Do you stock your large and small volume fluids in bins or the original cardboard box in your pharmacy store rooms?
Views: 244   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 1, 2015 12:46pm
by Karenina Russell
PVC FREE DEXTROSE BAGS
So, hi to all out there. hope all are making it threw this crazy winter. We are inches away from beating the all time record for snow in this area! I hope we make it. So here is my problem. We use a PVC iv bag here to mix up our Amiodarone drips (i...
Views: 234   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 4, 2015 11:33am
by SANDY LORING
d
Diana
Pharmacy tech Comp exams
Does anyone have some Pharmacy Technician competency exams they could share with me...we are in the process of developing new exams for 2015? Thanks in advance for any help!!
Views: 265   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 8, 2015 9:32am
by Diana
Adapter
We have started to use the First Vancomycin Solution by CutisPharma. In order to send the medication up to the patient the medication needs to be pulled up in an oral syringe. The bottle has a wide opening. I am looking for a Press in Adapter for this medication. T...
Views: 217   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 5, 2015 6:55am
by Nina Karl
glove finger tip testing
is there a product to do end testing for glove finger testing-per state board of pharmacy?
Views: 221   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 23, 2014 5:22am
by Shawn Millen
Pharmacy Week
Do any of your Directors have you purchase gifts for your employees for Pharmacy Week? If so, what do you purchase? Needing new ideas! Thanks
Views: 209   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 3, 2014 2:17pm
by Emily Cinquegran...
s
SANDY
EPIFOAM
Hey gang anyone have any info, or advice about epifoam? I can not get any from any of my wholesalers, and no one has any substitution suggestions as to what to use in its place. I have a bunch of real unhappy moms here. any help out there? hope all are recovered f...
Views: 205   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 30, 2014 8:01am
by Shawn
Ascension Health
Hello! I am looking for other facilities that are apart of Ascension Health Ministries. My facility recently joined and would like to know how other buyers are dealing with the new changes at their facility....
Views: 208   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 18, 2014 6:37am
by Roschelle
Swisslog Inventory systems
Hi I was wondering if anyone uses a Swisslog Boxpicker or Med Portal software. We have a Swisslog boxpicker and Med portal software. Our Boxpicker works pretty well as far as storing medications and keeping count. The only problem is that it will not give a dollar va...
Views: 259   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 1, 2014 11:30am
by Drake Babineaux
Aerochamber/Optichamber
I was just wondering what types/manufacturers of spacers/holding chambers for inhalers that other facilities are using. I had a large box of pocket chambers that I ordered years ago (so long ago I can't remember where I ordered it from) that we finally used up. I c...
Views: 228   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 17, 2014 8:08am
by Gerard C Doran
Shortages-2
Ok here is another tip that I’m sure you all know but if you don’t...well then I helped. The whole Solu-Medrol 40mg and 125mg shortage came out of the blue and caught us by surprise. I was doing what I could to keep my head above water I found out this li...
Views: 321   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 19, 2014 9:04am
by Shawn Millen
Shortages
Well after some encouragement from a friend I decided that I would try to post what I’m doing with some of my shortages and how I’m handling them. Hope this helps. Please feel free to comment. You never really know what’s going to be the next thing...
Views: 269   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 12, 2014 8:25am
by Shawn Millen
PPD Stability
Does anyone know where I can find PPD stability information when drawn up in a syringe from the CDC? I called both JHP and Sanofi and they both told me that only immediate use is recommended. I have been asked to find the CDC recommendation. In years past we have...
Views: 290   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 22, 2014 11:29am
by Kerry
Flurarix 2014-2015
Well again Im here on my soap box doing what I can to help my comrads with the daily ups and downs. I received a phone call from my local Glaxo rep regarding next seasons flu order. I was told that Glaxo has made a business decision not to produce pre-filled trivalen...
Views: 252   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 22, 2014 9:23am
by Emily Cinquegran...
Buyer's Guide
Does anyone out there have a document that you have put together when you are on vacation or out of office for the staff to refer to. I have been requested to develop a document to refer to while I am away. Nina Karl
Views: 358   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 13, 2014 7:50am
by Nina Karl
l
Leanne
Passport
For those of you that use ABC have you transitioned to Passport? If so what was your biggest challenge when going live with the application? CSOS, splitting software for 340b, reporting? Thank you for any feedback.
Views: 282   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 25, 2014 5:34am
by Leanne
West-Ward Slide further down
And here is more reasons that I see West-Ward slide farther down the hole. This gives scalpers first dibs at products to over inflate the pricing. Some wholesaler have a first come-first serve policy and allows them to take total inventory. They pay people to watch p...
Views: 386   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 20, 2014 5:21am
by Shawn MIllen
s
sandy
sodium chloride 0.9@ inj bags
hey gang new shortage problem keep an eye on this one fda web site has sodium chloride 0.9% inj bags now on the list baxter is the problem they have a link to baxter to explain why. oh ya happy new year to all
Views: 309   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 23, 2014 10:00am
by Shawn MIllen
e
Emily
Propofol and the EU
FYI!!! These two links relate to the possibility of the EU (European Union) disrupting the flow of propofol into the US based on the usage of propofol in state and federally sanctioned executions. Just wanted to put these out there for anyone that hadn't heard abou...
Views: 288   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 18, 2013 7:02am
by Emily
How many turns do you have in a year?
Just trying to inspire conversation. So lets get off the shortage subject that we all live every day and start a new one. How many turns do you have in a year? I know these darn shortages will impact this. But lets try.
Views: 351   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 8, 2013 11:23am
by bledi
1 2 3 4 5 6
Free Forum powered by Bravenet