Author
Comment
sodium chloride 0.9@ inj bags

hey gang
new shortage problem
keep an eye on this one
fda web site has
sodium chloride 0.9% inj bags now on the list
baxter is the problem they have a link to baxter to explain why.

oh ya happy new year to all

Name of Facility: emerson hospital

City, State: concord,mass

Years as a Buyer: 34

Re: sodium chloride 0.9@ inj bags

I should of kept my mouth shut. I went to get a couple of cases of the 1000ml bags today from my wholesaler. they had 21 cases this morning. one of the reason we have back order problems are cause of people like this one who went out and bought all 21 cases. i hope they hurt thier back picking up all 21 cases. i could run on and on, but look out for people like this one they make life for the rest harder then it should be.

good luck

Name of Facility: emerson hospital

City, State: concord,mass

Years as a Buyer: 34

Re: sodium chloride 0.9@ inj bags

I have heard several rumors. One was that there was a shortage cause of the Polar Vortics making everyone sick and using more than expected. LOL

Then I heard that Baxter was being beat up by the FDA like Hospira had been several years ago. Was told that it was Barters turn to be under the microscope.

Heck I evan heard that some hospitals where hanging 0.(% Sod Chl Irrigations as IVs. Its gotten that bad!

Then I heard ( which this one I do believe) that Baxter shut down there plant at the first of the year for re-tooling and updating. They stocked what they think that they needed to get threw the down time and miss guessed, part their fault and part our fault ( cause we have a tendency to horde when we think there is a shortage). And now there is a shortage of quite a few IV solutions. Again I believe because we see a shortage we have a tendiousy to look at the bigger picture and stock up on other meds in the same family like 0.9% Sod Chl 250ml/500ml.

Name of Facility: Memorial Hospital

City, State: Marsyville, Ohio

Years as a Buyer: 35