Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Room temp stable Amyl Nitrate?
Does anyone have ordering info for Amyl Nitrate that is room temp stable? I know it is available- it is in our Cyanide kit, but I cannot find it at Cardinal. Thank you!
Views: 414   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 27, 2009 9:14am
by Ruth Rinker
NDC numbers
Does anyone know where I can view a list of Manufacturers and the first 5 digits of their associated NDC numbers? (ex. 00074 = Abbott)
Views: 366   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 27, 2009 7:46am
by Lisa Rice
k
Kathy
Pharmacy Buying as a Profession
Pharmacy Professional Purchasing Folks, Are we ready to help Dale and Mike get us to a professional level status? We need to get some major conversation going with them so that next year the Buyers in Pharmacy are well on their way to being a professional organizat...
Views: 339   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 26, 2009 4:33pm
by Lori Salac
b
Betty
SNHPA
I would like to ask what other 340b Hospitals think about SNHPA. We have not joined the organization yet and would like to know what the pros and cons to membership are. Any comment are appreciated.
Views: 248   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 26, 2009 10:40am
by Betty
azactam vials
Just to update the ASHP Drug Shortages info on azactam vials: they had posted an approximate date from Elan of mid-August for the availability. I emailed Elan yesterday to see how accurate that is and received a reply today. They are now saying not sooner than the...
Views: 364   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 18, 2009 1:26pm
by Terri Nilsen
Pulling Outdates
I would like to know how far ahead do other hospitals pull their outdates? We were pulling 3 month in advance but have changed recently to 2 months ahead, and I am meeting a lot of resistance. What about crash boxes stored in pharmacy? Are they doing those different....
Views: 354   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 14, 2009 1:45pm
by Ruth Mattison
Insulin
Just curious to see how other facilities treat insulin. Do you charge it to each unit as floor stock? We are working on a list of floor stock medications and I am wondering if we should add it to it since one vial of insulin is used for many different patients.
Views: 362   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 12, 2009 5:01am
by Jamie Grabow
GI COCKTAIL
We make GI cocktail that is mylanta (generic) 140ml, Donnatal 50ml and lido viscous 50ml. With Donnatal (and generics) either mfg discontinued or long term backorder, we are trying to develop a new formulation. Does anyone else make something similar? If so, I'd a...
Views: 515   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 7, 2009 1:47pm
by Ruth Mattison
Outsourcing - BUD
Just attended a seminar in which outsourcing was discussed. The moderator mentioned to Trust but verify. I am wondering what information is available from compounding pharmacies to validate their beyond use dating and has anyone actually seen these documents? There s...
Views: 347   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 5, 2009 5:22am
by BUD
Propofol disposal in OR
Hi all, Does anyone have a better disposal bin for propofol aka "milk of amnesia" besides the RCRA Hazardous waste black plastic disposal bins by Kendall? These bins have a very large round hole in the lid for tossing the meds in but it also could allow someone to re...
Views: 451   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 22, 2009 1:50pm
by Debby Flannery
Technician IV Lab Training Supplies
I am looking to see if anyone has purchased any iv lab training supplies for technician training. I have purchased the medium challenge kits for yearly validation of our technicians in the iv lab, but having a hard time trying to find supplies to actually train them...
Views: 292   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 22, 2009 3:15am
by Debbie Reed
Hydromorphone 2mg Tabs
Is there anyone experiencing problems getting the Hydromorphone 2mg tablets.
Views: 294   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 17, 2009 1:31pm
by Terri Nilsen
InstyMeds(TM)
We've recently come across a new medication dispensing device called InstyMeds(TM). It's been out since 2001, and two of our subscribers have it in their facility: one at the Community Heath Network in Indianapolis, and one at the St. Anthony's Medical Center in St...
Views: 498   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 8, 2009 12:55pm
by Sandy Buttke
Hospira I -Secure Syringes
We have been having problems with a couple lots of Hospira's Midazolam 2mg/2ml I-secure syringes. Our nursing staff is complaining that the white plastic plunger does not twist onto the metal screw at the top of the carpuject correctly. They are able to give the dr...
Views: 255   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 7, 2009 12:38pm
by Bobbi Holthaus
Use of Forum Categories
We know that a Buyers' life is busy. We know. We've been there. So we try to make your time on our website as efficient as we can. All sections are clearly marked, and we try to keep the information on point. But we need you help in your participation on the we...
Views: 455   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 26, 2009 5:47pm
by Pharmacy Purchas...
Conference attendance
From the 2nd Annual to this the 13th, I will have attended 9 out of the 13 conferences whether I was reimbursed by my facility or PAID myself. I strongly believe that this is the best and only opportunity for BUYERS to learn about many aspects of their jobs/careers...
Views: 346   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 26, 2009 5:42pm
by Pharmacy Purchas...
PPO publication for June 2009
Has anyone seen the June edition of PPO? Am I the only one missing it??
Views: 334   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 26, 2009 5:38pm
by Pharmacy Purcahs...
?
???
Vegas
With all the budgets problems how many of us will not be attending the PPO this year in Las Vegas
Views: 445   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 17, 2009 7:56am
by Allen Sutherland
Talyst AutoPack
We have a Talyst AutoPack and have had nothing but issues with it from day one. I am wondering if anyone else out there has one, and what kind of issues you have had? If you have had problems, what has been Talyst's response to you? Our main issue now is misdrops in...
Views: 526   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jun 15, 2009 6:17am
by Jennifer Benton
k
Kellie
Nicotrol Cartridges
We repackage the 168 count box of Nicotrol cartridges in to 6 packs and place a inhaler with each 6 pack. Do any other facilities do this and if so how do you obtain more inhalers?
Views: 276   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 6, 2009 11:17pm
by Kellie
Mannitol Crystal
Hi, I'm getting tired of trying to dissolve the Mannitol crystals. Does anyone have any good methods beside a warm/hot water bath? Thanks
Views: 526   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jun 3, 2009 5:52am
by Colleen
340B Physical Inventory
My question is about sites that are maintaining a virtual inventory for 340B and then pricing for the physical inventory. How do you know which price the inventory company should use? I hope this makes sense. Thanks, Joanie
Views: 353   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 3, 2009 5:50am
by Colleen
Hyskon
What are you using in place of Hyskon? Ours outdates this month and I found out that no one is currently making a replacement. Just wondering what other hospitals might be using? Thank You!
Views: 271   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 2, 2009 8:29am
by Ruth Rinker
pysix non-movement items
is there any way to do a report on non-movement items in the pysix 's machine with 6-12 month prior with no activity?
Views: 410   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 26, 2009 12:44pm
by Terri Nilsen
prednisolone UD--again!
Since posting earlier about Vistapharm looking into the possiblity of making UD cups of prenisolone, I have heard from Ameridose and they are doing some feasability studies as well. If you are interested, maybe contact either Vistapharm and/or Ameridose. I think the...
Views: 332   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 22, 2009 7:49am
by Mandi Collins
Barcoding Policies
We are preparing for bedside med administration and I am wondering if anyone would be willing to share their pharmacy's policies on barcoding.
Views: 324   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 18, 2009 12:24pm
by Sandy Buttke
Sod Bicarb bags
We are mixing Sod. Bicarbonate 50ml-3 vials in 1 liter D5. The techs should be pulling out 150ml of dextrose and then adding the bicarb but some do not b/c they are complaining of carpal tunnel. Does anyone else mix this and have any suggestions on making the compoun...
Views: 491   Replies: 10
Last Post: May 13, 2009 1:37pm
by Mike Thomas
Receiving Policies
Hello! I am a fairly new buyer for my facility and I have been asked to write policies on receiving. I've already written policies and procedures on the technological aspect of how to receive and place orders, but I need to cover more of the physical aspect. For exam...
Views: 291   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 7, 2009 1:57pm
by Randy A. Ryder
McKesson Inventory
This is our first inventory with McKesson. We used to be with Morris & Dickson, we miss them. With Morris & Dickson, I got spoiled. The rep would come after I had prepped the Pharmacy, and all the staff had to do was count, he would process all the info from the Telx...
Views: 292   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 5, 2009 12:16pm
by Jill Cheever
Proair Alternative
This week we had our 1st complaint from surgery regarding the Ventolin inhalers we have been purchasing since last September. The anesthesiologist group were complaining that the inhalers with the counters didn't work with the breathing circuits and they didn't want...
Views: 252   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 1, 2009 12:07pm
by Ruth Rinker
prednisolone 15mg/5mL UD
Yesterday, after seeing the ad in the latest PPO from Vistapharm, I sent them an email suggesting they look at packaging prednisolone 15mg/5mL in unit dose cups. I got a phone call from them within an hour and they said they would look at the feasability. Would anyon...
Views: 338   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 28, 2009 2:24pm
by Teresa Brown
Phisohex
Anyone using Phisohex? I only have 5 bottles left and I need to figure something out. Since Sanofi cannot give any information as to went it will be released my director wants me to find an alternative to Phisohex instead of getting it from a secondary wholesaler. Ju...
Views: 261   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 27, 2009 4:09pm
by Gerard Doran
cardinal cim's program pro/con
We are with Cardinal (wholesaler) and want some feedback on there inventory program(cim), what to be inspected-prep work,maintaining,audits,cycle-counts. Thanks.
Views: 288   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 27, 2009 3:34pm
by Frank Wong
Ameridose Product Disposal
Good day all, We have a bunch of Oxytocin in IV bags from Ameridose and have no idea how to dispose of it? Can anyone clue me into how you dispose of any expired or once-frozen (and therefore useless) oxytocin. Thanks!
Views: 346   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 27, 2009 3:11pm
by Bledar Doraci
Talyst AutoPack
We have a Talyst AutoPack and have had nothing but issues with it from day one. I am wondering if anyone else out there has one, and what kind of issues you have had? If you have had problems, what has been Talyst's response to you? Our main issue now is misdrops in...
Views: 270   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 22, 2009 2:02pm
by Gerard Doran
340B Physical Inventory
My question is about sites that are maintaining a virtual inventory for 340B and then pricing for the physical inventory. How do you know which price the inventory company should use? I hope this makes sense. Thanks, Joanie
Views: 285   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 22, 2009 1:57pm
by Kathy Pflaum
Preservative free Heparin?
Wondering if anyone knows of a Preservative-free heparin in a concentration higher than 1unit/ml or 10units/ml? Thanks!
Views: 274   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 22, 2009 1:08pm
by Mooler Mookie
a
admin
Career Resources Forum
We have created a new Career Resources Forum where we've moved all of Mr. Ponders helpful job descriptions to. Please post all future job descriptions in that forum and anything else related to advancing a career. We appreciate everyone's contributions to the forum a...
Views: 458   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 22, 2009 1:09pm
by admin
Safecor
looking for anyone who has ordered from Safecor. We are considering them for our unit dose meds.
Views: 356   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 22, 2009 1:02pm
by Jacob Videtsky
Genzyme - Contract
We have acquired an Orthopedic Practice that uses a TON of Synvisc. They had a contract with Genzyme to purchase it at a discounted price. However, now that they are no longer a private practice, I have to purchase their products - including paying AWP for Synvisc. I...
Views: 287   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 22, 2009 12:51pm
by Colleen Bump
1 2 3 4 5 6
Free Forum powered by Bravenet