Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Hailu Shawel was a Minister under the Derg! SO WHAT???

Hagere,

Here is a recent post about one of the leadership of CUD:

"Hailu shawel indeed did serve 9-1/2 years and out of this 5 long years as a minister. On one of his letters to Fiseha Desta, he wrote " --- I served the revolution with great determination and dedication---"
be the judge."

ARE YOU STILL BLINDLY DEFENDING THE LEADERSHIP?

GEBEYEHU

Isn't anyone tired of this type of character assassination by now without questioning the fact?? If so, then we as a people are very ignorant to do so without facts.

So, what he served undert he Derg, so did thousands of now EPRDF members. Who says Woyane does not have xderg and what does that mean?

So, maybe when there is a true democracy in Ethiopia, people might (if still ignorant) say things like "No, you or you cannot run for office in Ethiopia because you served under the Woyane/EPRDF era!" this is nonsense. If someone has changed and adopted a peaceful struggle FOR the sake of democracy and his actions show it?....show it to the point where they're a threat for Meles who killed 42+ of innocent civilians and is destroying the country (which includes Tigreans believe it or not) then who are we to question it without fact??

Or are you simply a woyane supporter spreading confusion as usual who keep talking about this nonsense and taking away attention and time as your leader is going downhill for sure?!?!?

Hmmm???

Hmmm?

For those who are living for the sake of yor stomach-UN SATISFIED P I G S
Hailu shawel was a minster under the derg so what?
to speak franklly derg is much better than woyane!!
you know woyane's operation was for the sake of thier stomach.They don't have any understanding about
democracy and "HAGER FIKIR".DERG had his owen qualities and many weakness.But,"woyanewoch"you are apart frome humanity,you don't have human element that is why many people saying WOYANE is UN SATISFIED PIGS.

Email: anipafvision@yahoo.com

City: Mekele

hagos,
you left one thing after the sedib and manquashesh. zeraf would go along very well with your feckera and gurra.

I STRONGLY DISAGREE with the statement that Derg was much better than woyane statement. It was not. Of course now we hate this regime and it is easy to say the good old days....

However,

I don't consider having soldiers come and search your house every year freedom.
I do not agree that the inability to come and go to visit your family freely from abroad freedom.
I do not agree having not even one independent newspaper freedom or democratic.
I do not agree forcing people to wear uniform to work as freedom,
I do not agree killing over 150,000 without shame or due process freedom/democratic
I do not agree the stifling private enterprise and the confiscation of property without compensation freedom.
I do not agree killing the educated force of our country as necessary or justified.

If you want to condemn EDPRF, go ahead and do so, but it an insult to those of us you have our families slaughtered to tell us they are better than Woyane. And it is a misrepresentation of the truth. Are they equally worse is another question.

Email: whocares@email.com

City: New York