Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: IT IS TIME FOR THE CUD/UEDF TO PRESENT THEIR STRONG CASES AGAINST EPRDF TO THE UN!!!

Hello 'SayNoToHatred' and Happy New Year to you and your family as well.

What can I say, I must agree with almost every proposal you have, including case#3 suggestion. I think it's good to explore all options, but I must say, I am saddened by the effectiveness in the public and in particular the West/US/EU policy towards Meles. The problem is we as an Ethiopian Community are not really effective in creating and executing a public outcry and exposing Meles (which he's exposable) due to a lack of organization and quite frnakly money along with the right leadership that can lead these efforts of public relations or even lobbying (which we lack)...I think public demonstrations are fine, but they are not a very effective campign that will bring about a poltical change in the policies of these world bodies. It is well knwon that Meles spends millions lobbying his character and policies towards Ethiopia to the AU, EU, and even the US mostly through the Embassies and Amb.Ayele the idiot. The thing is, we need to up the campaigns and the opposition parties along with the Ethiopian Civic Organizations and also the Ethiopian Communities at large ought to be united in these campigns and raise money and start a grass roots community effort to lobby congress, trust me when I say lobbying the US Congress alone will bring the biggest change as oppossed to public demonstrations. I admire and respect your call and I applaud you for it...that is certainly one area of this campaign against this Meles that has been antiethiopia since day 1. The only organization that I see making a difference in lobbying congress and forcing Meles in the last year to hold or pretend to hold free/fair elections is the Citizens League of Ethiopian Americans (CLEA)...otherwise, all the other groups are really talking loud and having little or no effect.

Thank you for your input and ideas man, I've enjoyed it, I can tell you are a true etypiawi bro...keep it up. I wish you'd join some effective organizations where you live man, I think you can help make a difference 'Saynotohate'...peace!!

Hmmm?