Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: An Excellent Proposal - A Way Out of The Deadlock

EPRDF didn't consider including the othere region/ethnic based parties other than the three big ones in its coalition, is that becuase they thought they are people not worth considering? Your effort to to drag CUD into your ethnic matras is a futile one. I haven't heard CUD claiming tehy have wn 100%, this is one of those shear fabrication to confuse others. I do agree with dergue being a fascist, but I don't consider every one who worked for dergue as fascist. I don't consider President Girma/Girma Birru/Dr Duri mohamed/PMs economic advisor, etc as fascists just b/s they worked for dergue. Those fascists and all those alleged to be associated with them ar rotting in prison including many innocent ones. But, I also consider a leader who ordered to shoot on the head unarmed protesters in their poor neighbourhood as fascist too. PM, Meles was aboslutely in charge of the force which killed 42 innocent people. About this accusation that he didn't talk about his role in dergue until he was confronted by BBC? Are you implying it was new to EPRDF? It is intesting? His CV submitted for election also shows that too. What would you have said had Birhanu or beyene or Merara been the heads. I saw on ETV some people labling Merara as dergue cadre too. You see, I see that for EPRDF, the enemy are all those who come close enough.

Re: An Excellent Proposal - A Way Out of The Deadlock

Those in EPRDF that were in or around Derg:

1. there are always people who just happen to work for the government, wether Janhoy, Derg or now EPRDF

2. Those who were officials and who regretted the butchery and fascism that happend

3. Some may have had efforts to topple derg, or close working with the anti-fascist forces.

Why did he dispute intially during the interview? Couldn't he have a better reason than working to make money from fascism? was it really only two years?

Its not important at the moment. Except a few who support him for unspeakable reasons, no body expects him to be prime minister. His is closed file.

As for EPRDF not accusing him, I don't know. He could be squeeking clean or his time hasn't come. There is no time limitation for fascism.