Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Article 39 and CUD

Mogegnet ask Who told you the Derg was Amhara regime

What Menegestu does is what Amhara want
Menegestu believed in one Ethiopia by force. One lanuage by force. one religon by force that is what Amhara want that is what Menegestu does.. therefoe by defult Derg = Amhara.

Menegestu want sea port by force that is what Amhara want sea port by force... Menegestu hate TPLF Amhara hate TPLF gut... you see what i mean now

Dear Members:
This week a good joke was circulating that will fit nicely the murder Derg and its associate who are still thinking to go back to the power seat:
A joke circulated during the height of the Irish “troubles” coinciding with the first Palestinian intifada. A man was walking through Ulster late one evening, when a hand reached out of the shadows and grabbed him by the neck, and a voice with a deep Irish accent demanded, “So what be your religion?” The man hurriedly thought, “If I say I’m Catholic, this guy could be Protestant and kill me. And if I say I’m Protestant, he could be Catholic, and kill me.” So the man shouted, “I’m Jewish!” And the voice replied, “And I’m the luckiest Arab in all of Ireland!”
In other words, the question is not to be Amhara or Somali or Oromo, but the murder who want to get back to the power while they are playing exercise with ethnic, religion and region.

Email: shirdons@yahoo.com

City: Washington DC

tulu,
Sorry tulu, I haven’t been able to understand you at all. You always come up with strange logics. God knows, I’ve tried to get some sense out of it but not able to. And please don’t try because I’ve given up to understand you. I have no respect for any one who brings ethnicity in every issue to create chaos and division and to some people who don’t recognize evil when they see one. I know you don’t care if I respect you or not but I don’t care, either but that is how I feel. Good ridden!!

Dear Mogegnet=Tulu=Mamo:
You can play the game of undermining and pretending to have a good command of English while we all know that you have acquired this education when the rest of Ethiopia were forced to live in misery and did not allow to go school.
The key of the issue is that you will never rule Ethiopia as long as you want to repeat the history of Rwanda although you have tried and did not work and claimed the dieth of 36 innocent and poor people.

Dear Ibrahim,
Are you in or out? I can't detemine your stand.In your contribution above you wrote as a real Ethiopian for justice of the oppressed and downtrodden.Thank you for that.However,in the same article,you wrote "you will never rule Ethiopia." Doesn't that stand bother you because in this day and era civilized people are governed by the will of the people as long as minority rights respected? If you accept that any political party voted in by the people should form a government.What is wrong with that,my friend?

Email: zghiwet@yahoo.ca

Ibrulekuskus,

Why are you attacking Tulu?

MAmo Qilo

Mamo:
You are very busy day in and out to mislead Ethiopian and you only trained to work within a society that will not express freely its opinion and uphold dialogue. Do not you get tired to see that you are doing the same mistake again and again? Having had many screen names and thinking that you can mislead other Ethiopian will not help you to secure power and the resource of Ethiopian people let alone assist to cross a duck a14 street.
To come back to the serious point, CUD's stance on the article 39 should be public; otherwise, Somali Ethiopian will not have a dialogue except a few misguided people such as Harar.

Ibrahim,
I support that no ethnic group should live under different countries. I had that position for a long time.Based on that Somalis should be allowed to join Somalia, Gambela with southern Sudan and Eritrean Afars with Ethiopia.

Dear ibrahim and all:

Please read election manifestos about a party's political agenda, rather than asking us on this discussion forum. I hope you will find all you want over the election manifesto.

If your intention is about analysing the manifesto, well, you can still approach the party and, I believe they will be willing to explain every article for you. I think that is the way to find a genuine answer about your question.

Dear Amdae

I know Ethiopia want Afar but did you ask Afar want Ethiopia? To join or not to Join is should be left to both party if one party not want unity for any reason the unity should not take place... In this case both the Afar and Ethiopia should vote for unity... Just becasuse Ethiopia want they unity should not take place... this logic apply to any of the country in Africa or in Western GB did not join EU... EU didn't force GB to join EU saying unity is good for them and for GB...

Tulu,
What makes you think the Afars do not want to join Ethiopia? Is it not to their benefit also if they join Ethiopia? Weren't they the ones that EPLF and TPLF elegantly for a long time to remain part of Ethiopia? It just shows how sinister you are by nature,always questioning well-meant ideas and making devils out of innocent Ethiopians.
I know your motive but that is not the way to go about it.

Amdae,
Tulu never makes sense.

Dear Amdae,

I know for sure the Afar doesn't want Ethiopia. If that was the case Djibouti Afar would have joined Ethipia long time ago.

No one in right mind want to join the old Ethiopia. Yes the new Ethiopia under Meles may be the whole Easter region may want to join... Ethiopa under CUD forget it no one want to join. let alone joining even the oromo want their seperate way...

Mark may word under CUD WE WILL HAVE MANY MORE WAR with Sudan, Egypt, the whole Arab, Djibouti, Eritrea, Oromo, Somilia, Tigria, and even Kenya too... that is the reason no one want to join Ethiopia under CUD.

The reason is simple one ethiopia by force, one lanugage by force, one nation by force and one religon by force is the moto of CUD now ask yourself would you want to join CUD if you are not Amhara.

Tulu,
I am certain CUD is not an exclusive party to Amharas .It is an open party to every Ethiopian.People from all nationalities subscribe to it and that is why they won seats all over the country,albeit many seats were stolen from them.I would like to remind you that Dr Birhanu Nega is a Guraghe and Dr araya is a Tigrayan,just to mention a few.
There was injustice in the land holding system in Haile Selassie's time and I am proud I was a part of the struggle at that time.I categorically say that was the only problem at that time.
As for cultural domination,to my knowledge,it was not an issue.It was never raised as an issue in the university and hence it was out of question.The norm at that time, with regards to culture, was to fit in the culture of the area you live in.In short,nobody was aware of culture at that time.
In answer to your question "Would I live under CUD rule if I were not an Amhara?" My answer is most definitely because the leadership is composed of all ethnic groups.That is how people should be represented,not be ruled by an ethnicist group calling all the shots in a country of 80 ethnic groups.Remember you can be a member of CUD but not TPLF.
In the 100 years the Amharas were dominant they did not rob any region and develop the Amharas homeland.To the contrary,Tigrayans did a lot for their region.For example,they built two textile factories,cement factory,state of the art pharmaceutical factory,university,international airport,their own bank,etc.Who robbed who?
Even the nefttegnas settled and toiled the land like the local people.If they were colonialists,as you would like to call them,they would have had large estates with big mansions as white colonialists have done.
The Amhara people,excepting some greedy ones, lived by the word of God and did not commit the crimes that are attributed to them by ungodly people with different motives to achieve their objectives.

City: York

Tulu,

Why should we ask afars to join us depart us? These are people who came long time ago in search of water for their camels. if they want to go, they can pack and go. Infact they are efficient at it.We the cultured people are good at hospitality, but, but if people with zelan culture want to abuse our hosptiality, Emeyen beyalew merem almerew!