This is a Buyers-Only Forum. NO VENDORS are permitted to post on this Forum

General Chatter
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: DSCSA Guidlelines

Hi Gerard! Thank you for your interest in the National Pharmacy Purchasing Association (NPPA), and your comment/question here, asking for information on the new Drug Supply Chain Security Act (DSCSA) guidelines.

As luck would have it, our upcoming 2015 NPPA Conference this August 17-20 at Bally’s Las Vegas, there will be a CE presentation on this very topic you’re asking about, as listed here below (which also fulfills the 1 hour of Pharmacy Law CE required for recertification).

Drug Supply Chain Security Act: Current & Future Implications for the Pharmacy Buyer*
Robert Milnes II
, PharmD, BCPS, CGP, Pharmacy Director, Ashtabula County Medical Center, Ashtabula, OH
*Qualifies for Pharmacy “Law” CE requirement

To see all of this year's CE sessions, go to our NPPA site's Educational Program page.

2015 NPPA Conference Registration is currently still open, so if you are still able to attend, please click HERE for our Attendee Registration & Info page; or call our main office for any questions (888-544-NPPA). Thank you for your interest!

Name of Facility: National Pharmacy Purchasing Association

City, State: San Diego, CA

Years as a Buyer: N/A

Re: DSCSA Guidlelines

Hello,

Can anyone provide some insight on what to do if you borrow/loan drugs but the other pharmacy does not provide this information? I have borrowed here and there from other hospitals and retail pharmacies and not a single one had any idea what I was talking about when I asked for DSCSA information. I do my best to record all of the necessary information but I am not sure if I am liable if the information is not sent with the product.

Thanks!

Name of Facility: Northeastern Health System

City, State: Tahlequah, OK

Years as a Buyer: 2