This is a Buyers-Only Forum. NO VENDORS are permitted to post on this Forum

General Chatter
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Par Levels In Pick Areas

McKesson can actually do shelf labels for you with ROP/ROQ on them. Have your rep help you with it. If you update your asset management system in McKesson connect, it will actually ask if you want to run labels with changes.

Name of Facility: eastern connecticut health network

City, State: manchester, ct

Years as a Buyer: 10+

The wholsesalers PAR levels seem to be high, so be careful, let them know the formula you'd like them to use. I prefer not to use their shelf sticker pars because I frequently change them up and down. I have my wholesaler (Bergen) sticker the shelves and then I use the Avery sticker dots ---- http://www.staples.com/Avery-Round-3-4-Diameter-Print-Write-Color-Coding-Labels-Orange-Neon/product_538116?cmArea=sku_pd_box1 --- and write the PAR number on it and stick it on the corner of the shelf sticker. The number I put on is what I'd like those ordering to bring the par level UP TO. You can ask for privleges to run monthly usage reports through your wholesalers website to help you determine those "dot par numbers". By the way, only PAR's more than TWO get a sticker dot. NO par dot means a back up package and the open package (regardless if only ONE is left in the open package). I hope this is of some help :o)

Name of Facility: Salibas

City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Years as a Buyer: 6

We use a PAR system and I write directly on the shelf tag what the PAR is. I will tell you that you will still have stuff to send back, probably not quite as much. It works ok, and like you I have issues while I am away on vacation and such too. They have gotten better over the years. The other thing I always try to remember is that I do not know how it looked when the order was placed because I did not do the order. Things happen, even when I place the order (the bin is empty but when I go to do the order there is more than there should be for a variety of reasons - ordered qty plus one or 2). I know that is frustrating...just keep the smile on your face.

Name of Facility: St. Francis Health Center

City, State: Topeka, KS

Years as a Buyer: 30+

Utilize ROP and ROQ provided from McKesson Connect. These are based on settings you have to adjust. Look under Order > Administration. Then, have McKesson print labels with Par and Max showing.

Name of Facility: Bloomington Hospital

Years as a Buyer: 5+