This is a Buyers-Only Forum. NO VENDORS are permitted to post on this Forum

General Chatter
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Reverse Distributors Not Handling Scheduled Drugs Anymore?

We have not had this happen and our reverse distributor was just here in the last week. I find it curious since the reverse distributor must give a DEA form 222 for schedule 2 medications. If I were the reverse distributor, I would want to count those myself to put on the form as well as having the buyer count them. There seems to be a disconnect with this process that the reverse distributor has in place.

Name of Facility: St. Francis Health Center

City, State: Topeka, KS

Years as a Buyer: 7 in healthcare and 25+ in home improvements

I just emailed my reverse distributor and he replied that they are not doing anything like that. His company will continue to process ALL outdates.

Name of Facility: Porter Hospital

City, State: Valparaiso IN

Years as a Buyer: 11

I have no problems here in Missouri with my reverse distributor taking the controlled substances. He inventories everything, then I compare his report with my report from the pyxis C-II safe and it always matches up. This process has worked great.

Name of Facility: Heartland Regional Medical Center

City, State: St Joseph, Missouri

Years as a Buyer: 24

Our reverse distributor was here a few weeks ago and didn't mention any issues with processing controlled medications. I will keep my ear out for anything. Thanks!

Name of Facility: Memorial Health System

City, State: Colorado Springs, Colorado

Years as a Buyer: 1+

EXP was here about a week ago and he took care of my scheduled stuff and there was no mention of that chaning.

Name of Facility: Emanuel Medical Center

City, State: California

Years as a Buyer: 5