This is a Buyers-Only Forum. NO VENDORS are permitted to post on this Forum

General Chatter
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Reverse Distributors Not Handling Scheduled Drugs Anymore?

I just a call from a Buyer saying that his reverse distributors are no longer processing Scheduled Drugs. The Buyer has to inventory and pack them up, and the reverse distributor just picks them up for disposal.

I'm trying to find out if this is just a local (California) issue, or have the laws been changed to reflect this new practice countrywide?

Name of Facility: Summerdal Enterprises, Inc.

City, State: San Diego

Years as a Buyer: Retired: 30+ years

Re: Reverse Distributors Not Handling Scheduled Drugs Anymore?

We just had our reverse distributor a couple of weeks ago, and he processed ours with no problem. He usually keeps me updated with any future changes and he never said a word about this issue. I even went on to their website and there is no info regarding this. I hope this helps.

Name of Facility: JTDMH

City, State: St. Marys OH

Years as a Buyer: 10

We have not had this happen and our reverse distributor was just here in the last week. I find it curious since the reverse distributor must give a DEA form 222 for schedule 2 medications. If I were the reverse distributor, I would want to count those myself to put on the form as well as having the buyer count them. There seems to be a disconnect with this process that the reverse distributor has in place.

Name of Facility: St. Francis Health Center

City, State: Topeka, KS

Years as a Buyer: 7 in healthcare and 25+ in home improvements

I just emailed my reverse distributor and he replied that they are not doing anything like that. His company will continue to process ALL outdates.

Name of Facility: Porter Hospital

City, State: Valparaiso IN

Years as a Buyer: 11

I have no problems here in Missouri with my reverse distributor taking the controlled substances. He inventories everything, then I compare his report with my report from the pyxis C-II safe and it always matches up. This process has worked great.

Name of Facility: Heartland Regional Medical Center

City, State: St Joseph, Missouri

Years as a Buyer: 24

Our reverse distributor was here a few weeks ago and didn't mention any issues with processing controlled medications. I will keep my ear out for anything. Thanks!

Name of Facility: Memorial Health System

City, State: Colorado Springs, Colorado

Years as a Buyer: 1+

EXP was here about a week ago and he took care of my scheduled stuff and there was no mention of that chaning.

Name of Facility: Emanuel Medical Center

City, State: California

Years as a Buyer: 5