Return to Website

Mullikine/Amuligane Clan Query Forum

Add your family questions, brick walls, or comments as well as discussions with other postings.
All postings should pertain to some Mullkine/Amuligane associated family reference.

Mullikine/Amuligane Clan Query Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
James Beatty Millikin, Ballymuldirg, Ireland, 1841

I am looking for information on James Beatty Millikin, who emigrated to Canada, from Ballymuldirg, Ireland in 1839, leaving several brothers, sisters and cousins in Ireland. I have listed all the information that I have on the brothers and sisters who were left, and wonder if there are any out in cyberspace who may recognize an ancestral name.

> > The most we can deduce about our James Beatty Millikin on the Northern

> > Ireland side is he had two brothers - John and Samuel and two sisters -

Jane

> and Eliza - do not know the order.

Here are our gleanings

> >

> > Our Great Grandfather's James Beatty's Parents

???? Millikin - ????? Hyndman

> > > > [maybe,

you would have thought Beatty]

> >

> > James Beatty Millikin - born in 1808 - date unknown in Ballymuldirg,

> believed to be in County Derry, emigrated to Canada in 1838. In 1851

married Ann Murray who was born in Belfast on October 10, 1817 and migrated

through

> New York to Toronto in Canada. - He died January 3, 1878 and she died

April

> 21, 1905.

> > {They are our great-grandparents Their children were named Samuel

John,

> > (our grandfather) Eliza, Jane, Margaret, Mary and Seymour

> >

> > J.B.'s sister Jane Millikin - emigrated to Canada married Rev.

Seymour in

> Canada

> >

> > J.B.'s brother John Millikin married Eliza in Ireland

> > Mathilda married Mr. Miller

> > Jane married Mr. Henry

> > Samuel married ????

> > Robert married ????

> > John B. married ???? wonder if this B. is for

Beatty

> > Jean married ????

> >

> > J.B.'s brother Samuel married Peggy

> > Mary married Mr. Young

> > Eliza married ???? daughter Eliza emigrated to New

Zealand

> > Robert

> >

> > J.B.'s sister Eliza married a Seymour, moved to Waterford in Ireland

> > Eliza

> > Jane

> > Mary

> > Wesley

> >

> >

> > Would appreciate any direction for us to find out more, also on the

> Murray side as we do have a birthdate

> >

>Any information would be appreciated

Rob Millikin.

Re: James Beatty Millikin, Ballymuldirg, Ireland, 1841

Hi, I am unsure if I have any new information for you but here goes.
My father is called Robert Beattie Milliken, he was born in the Uk in the early fifties, his father was also Robert Beattie Milliken he was born3rd Dec 1919 in Ballymulderg (not sure if this is the right spelling). registered in Londonderry on 15th Jan 1920.
He was born to Robert Beattie Milliken and Mary Milliken (formerly Atkinson). (It seems to have been tradition that the first born son was named Robert Beattie Milliken)
Thats all I have so far but I thought the middle name of Beattie and the fact that I know family members did definitely move to Canada and the Ballymuldirg area connection warranted a message. I hope that we can find a connection, I am in the process of research (I have only just begun) and will contact you with more information as it arises.

Re: James Beatty Millikin, Ballymuldirg, Ireland, 1841

Hi. I've spent 3 hrs at least on geneology tonight instead of working on what I needed to do. I found "MyHeritage.com, which led me on to rootsweb.com and into your information. I have a sheet I can fax you that is one of about 10 my aunt put together. There are some very similar names for what you are asking...enough so to contact you. It shows Thomas J. Millikin, born 1785 with the following listed as children: Emanual(maybe your Samuel?)born 3/17/1810 or 1809, Mary born 1810, John B.(maybe James B. you have? born 1813 in Drumdaugh, Leitrim, Ireland, Jane married Edmund A. Walstein Hunter, Thomas born 5/16/1816, married Tamar Clark, Rebecca, George, Eliza(one you were looking for), and Roger. I have no info on George, Eliza, and Roger other than their being children of Thomas J. Millikin and Elizabeth Boon.