Return to Website

Terry Nation's Survivors -"GREG" Forum

Welcome to our "GREG" forum, this is designed to be used for discussing Subjects related to Survivors, developing longer threads & the deeper side to Survivors & quality TV drama.  Some rules apply: 1. One username per person, this will be their real name EG John Jones - no nicknames, IPs are being checked to ensure this, 2.  No serious abuse or sale of items, this is not Ebay, 3. Off topic messages & threads Will be deleted If you Do not agree with these rules, please don't post here..........  Bob meade, Suffolk, UK. Nov 2005. (survivors-at-supanet.com)

LINKS

My New MAIN WEBSITE: Terry Nations Survivors: http://bobmeades-ivil.tripod.com/index.html

(Note the link above consists of several site "Knitted" together but that is the best place to start)

NEW FORUM Survivors 1975 - 2016 very user friendly:  http://survivors1975.boardhost.com/index.php

Very rare DVDs for sale..click this link: http://bobmeades-ivil.tripod.com/id13.html

Forum: Terry Nation's Survivors -"GREG" Forum
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Blooper, sort of

Just been watching the first episode of Series 1 again and I noticed something fleeting but odd. In the scene where Abby is driving to the school and Jenny is putting her boots on (35:44 on my DVD) . Straight after the shot of Jenny picking up her bags there is a cut to Abby in the car and there is the brief glimpse through the drivers window of people stood by a yellow car on the road side. Definitely four people; three in dark clothes and one in an orange/red top.

Abby doesn't seem to notice them. Maybe it's the crew stood by the Volvo?

Is anyone else sad enough to have noticed this?

Re: Blooper, sort of

yes ive never noticed that before and watched that episode loads of times!!!well spotted!!

Quote: steve.c
yes ive never noticed that before and watched that episode loads of times!!!well spotted!!

Me neither, are you talking about the scene shot west of Malvern, heading towards "Roman camp"?

Looking at that episode again, reminded me of Abby's bedside alarm clock, a "Computim" flip-over numbers clock - probably the "Bees-knees" in clocks at the time, but I have never seen one in reality, though there are some repro ones on Ebay. I would love to get hold of an original though.....
Bob

Quote: HOST: Bob Meade
Looking at that episode again, reminded me of Abby's bedside alarm clock, a "Computim" flip-over numbers clock - probably the "Bees-knees" in clocks at the time, but I have never seen one in reality, though there are some repro ones on Ebay. I would love to get hold of an original though.....
Bob

This seems close....http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Computim-vintage-retro-flip-rotary-alarm-clock-1970s-/160628361268#ht_2121wt_1428

Quote: HOST: Bob Meade
are you talking about the scene shot west of Malvern, heading towards "Roman camp"?

I don't know where it was filmed but the scene before it is Abby at home and suddenly remembering Peter. Next shot Jenny is in the countryside by a roadside rubbing her feet and she hears a car - cut to a road with no car ( ) on it viewed through tree branches - cut to Jenny running for her bags. Immediately after this Abby and crew are visible. It's very quick - no more than a couple of seconds.

The next few shots are Abby driving and Jenny running to catch her. It ends with Jenny shouting on the road and Abby reaching Peters school.

on the a449 bob!!

Spotted another one!

In the second episode when Greg meets Vic and Anne, Anne goes outside to get some booze picking up 3 whiskey and one champagne. She drops one of the whiskeys. In the next scene she is carrying two champagne and one whiskey.

Not quite the Miracle at Canaan but still quite a feat ... ;)

I think you've got too much spare time Peter

Quote: Peter cCrr
Spotted another one!

In the second episode when Greg meets Vic and Anne, Anne goes outside to get some booze picking up 3 whiskey and one champagne. She drops one of the whiskeys. In the next scene she is carrying two champagne and one whiskey.

Not quite the Miracle at Canaan but still quite a feat ... ;)

Of course, the outside shot of Anne taking the bottles out of the box, were on 16mm film, shot on location in the Quarry deep in the forest of dean, she goes in to a Portercabin set, in the studio, on video tape probably some time later - I wonder what happened to all that booze - perhaps the episode of Pennant Roberts falling down a ditch is relevent in this sorry tale......?
Bob

Quote: John Penny

Absolutely - I've just retired!

Quote: Peter Carr
Quote: John Penny

Absolutely - I've just retired!

Then I wish you good health and a long happy one

Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Email Forms   Free Web Tools   Free Web Hosting 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com