Rapture Bible Prophecy Forum

(Rapture is a Vatican/Jesuit Lie )
The "Resurrection" has been erroneously labeled The "Rapture". 
THERE IS NO RAPTURE

WHY THE TITLE RAPTURE BIBLE PROPHECY FORUM?
WE STARTED OUT BELIEVING IN A 7 YR PRE TRIBULATION RAPTURE
BUT FOUND OVER TIME AROUND 2006 THAT THE BIBLE DOES NOT SHARE A 
BIBLE VERSE WHATSOEVER INDICATING A 7 YR PRE TRIBULATION RAPTURE

BIBLE VERSES EVIDENCE:

While Yahusha/JESUS was alive, He prayed to His Father: "I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.  John 17:15 (KJV)

Yahusha/JESUS gave signs of what must happen before His Return:  "Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:"  Matt. 24:29 (KJV)

WE DAILY STUDY TO SHEW OURSELVES APPROVED 
WE ARE NOT AFRAID TO SAY WE ARE LEARNING DAILY AND 
ARE ABLE TO ADMIT WE MAKE MISTAKES BUT STUDY TO 
LEARN EVERY DAY.

LET YHVH/YAHUSHA BE TRUE 
AND EVERY MAN A LIAR.

To Join and post on this site e-mail for a password
​​​​​​​stevensandiego@ymail.com

FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rapture-Bible-Prophecy-Forum/362856490414697

Hebrew 5783-5788   Gregorian 2023-2028

THIS SITE IS ABOUT Yahusha/JESUS
 We are followers of Yahusha/JESUS Only​​​​​​​
Yahusha/JESUS IS GOD/YHVH
Yahusha/JESUS is YHVH/GOD/YHWH-Yahusha/Son:
​​​​​​​Yahusha/JESUS is The WORD

Yahusha is I Am That I Am  (Exodus 3:14)

Yahusha is YHWH  come in the flesh, He put aside His Diety to become a human, born of  a Virgin.

Yahusha is the Word, As The Most High, He spoke all things seen and unseen into existence

When YHWH created Light, He was revealed to the angels. 

John 14:26
"the breath of life"

But the Comforter, which is "the breath of life", whom the Father will send shall teach you all things.

God is not His  Name but a term.  The Holy Spirit is not a person but the very Breath of the Father.

There is no Trinity.  The Father, YHVH  and Yahusha are One  (John 10:30)

THE BOOK OF ENOCH

NOW IS THE TIME!

FOR A REMOTE GENERATION THE LAST GENERATION FOR THE ELECT!

REFERENCES IN THE BOOK OF ENOCH TO THE BIBLE

https://bookofenochreferences.wordpress.com/category/the-book-of-enoch-with-biblical-references-chapters-1-to-9/chapter-1/

Book of Enoch: http://tinyurl.com/BkOfEnoch

The book of Second Peter and Jude Authenticate the book of Enoch and Vice Versa

Yahusha/JESUS QUOTED FROM THE SEPTUAGINT:

THE APOSTLES QUOTED FROM THE SEPTUAGINT

JEWS WERE CONVERTING TO CHRISTIANITY

FREE DOWNLOADS

All Of The Apocryphal Books Of

The King James 1611 Version

http://www.scriptural-truth.com/apocrypha_books.html 

Pray for one another, as we watch for the Lord's  return!

Bible Prophecy Forum Postings
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE OLD AND NEW (Testaments and Covenants)

FOR FAIR USE EDUCATION AND DISCUSSION PURPOSES

Hello all,

The major difference that we need to keep in mind about the Old and New Covenants is that the Old was a Covenant between God and Israel, and the New is between God and Jesus. That is why the New is so much better!! We, as humans can no longer mess it up!! The only way to God under the New Covenant is through Christ, by being in Christ and sealed with His Holy Spirit. We no longer do the "works", but by resting in Him, He does the work in us and through us.

This is simple, it is not complicated to understand. But many still see the New Covenant as being between God and man and that they must still continue to perform religious rituals in order to please God and be "holy" enough to be considered His holy people. Nothing could be further from the truth! Jesus is the only Holy One! What pleases the Lord is that we rest in His Son everyday, by dying to self and giving our lives wholly to Him, and thereby receive the gift of the Holy Spirit that will lead us to all truth. We are only made holy by His living inside of us! There is no other way!

When did keeping the Old Covenant Sabbath save anyone? Of what use is the shadow when the real is come?

Heb 8:7-9 “For if there had been nothing wrong with that first covenant, no place would have been sought for another.

The ten commandments, under the New Covenant have become spiritual in nature, and that certainly includes the rest that the Old Covenant speaks of. Jesus becomes our spiritual resting place, and the Holy Spirit the seal of God.

It is interesting how confusing many have made the concepts between the Law, the Book of the Law, and ordinances etc. Some say we must keep the whole of the Law, some say just the 10 commandments, some say keep just the Sabbath law, and some a mixture of the Laws. There is little unity of the faith in regard to all these ways to understand this.

Therefore, I thought a basic study of the differences between the Testaments and Covenants might help clarify this issue a bit, especially for those who may feel out numbered when it comes to not seeing keeping the Sabbath as a New Covenant commandment.

#####################

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO TESTAMENTS

Link of article or video : http://www.sabbaths.org/new.html

a. What is required for a testament to be of value?;
b. The Old Covenant;
c. The New Covenant;
d. The Sabbath – a sign to the Jews.

a. What is required for a testament to be of value?

We could spend thousands of pages on this topic, which would only confuse the issue. I would prefer to just state the facts briefly as stated in the Bible.

There are 2 testaments, 2 covenants, the Old one and the new one. If a testament or a covenant is to be enforced, someone must die.

Heb 9:16-18 “In the case of a will, it is necessary to prove the death of the one who made it, because a will is in force only when somebody has died; it never takes effect while the one who made it is living. This is why even the first covenant was not put into effect without blood.”

As long as my dad was alive, his written testament was of little value to anyone. However, when he passed away, his testament became law, and though I would have preferred for him to stay alive, it was enforced. The same is true with both of God’s covenants, the old and the new. The old one required animal sacrifices. The new one was sealed by Jesus’ blood.

Ex 24:8 “Moses then took the blood, sprinkled it on the people and said, "This is the blood of the covenant that the LORD has made with you in accordance with all these words."

Matt 26:28-29 “This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.”

b. The Old Covenant

Basically, the old covenant was between God and the people of Israel. God would bless them if they kept His commandments.

Ex 34:27-28 “Then the LORD said to Moses, "Write down these words, for in accordance with these words I have made a covenant with you and with Israel." Moses was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights without eating bread or drinking water. And he wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant--the Ten Commandments.”

Please note that the covenant referred to here is the ten commandments.

Lev 26:3 “If you follow my decrees and are careful to obey my commands, I will send you rain in its season, and the ground will yield its crops and the trees of the field their fruit….”

Lev 26:14-17 "'But if you will not listen to me and carry out all these commands, and if you reject my decrees and abhor my laws and fail to carry out all my commands and so violate my covenant, then I will do this to you: I will bring upon you sudden terror, wasting diseases and fever that will destroy your sight and drain away your life. You will plant seed in vain, because your enemies will eat it…”

The old covenant was sealed by animals’ blood.

Ex 24:8 “Moses then took the blood, sprinkled it on the people and said, "This is the blood of the covenant that the LORD has made with you in accordance with all these words."

Israel would be a kingdom of priests of the Lord.

Ex 19:5-6 “Now if you obey me fully and keep my covenant, then out of all nations you will be my treasured possession. Although the whole earth is mine, 6 you will be for me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.' These are the words you are to speak to the Israelites."

The first covenant was far from being perfect.

Heb 8:7 “For if there had been nothing wrong with that first covenant, no place would have been sought for another.”

Heb 10:10 “It is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.”

Finally, the Israelites constantly broke their covenant with the Lord.

Jer. 31:32 “When I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they broke my covenant, though I was a husband to them…”

c. The New Covenant

The Old Covenant was broken by God’s people, not by God.

Heb 8:7-9 “For if there had been nothing wrong with that first covenant, no place would have been sought for another. But God found fault with the people and said: "The time is coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah. It will not be like the covenant I made with their forefathers when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they did not remain faithful to my covenant, and I turned away from them, declares the Lord.”

God promised a New Covenant in the Old Testament, which consists of having God’s laws not on stone any longer, but in our hearts. Forgiveness is the key with the New Covenant.

Heb 8: 10-12 “This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after that time, declares the Lord. I will put my laws in their minds and write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. No longer will a man teach his neighbor, or a man his brother, saying, 'Know the Lord,' because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest. For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more."

This promise can be found in the Old Testament in Jer 31:31-34 “The time is coming," declares the LORD, "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah. It will not be like the covenant I made with their forefathers when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they broke my covenant, though I was a husband to them," declares the LORD. "This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after that time," declares the LORD."I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. No longer will a man teach his neighbor, or a man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD, 'because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest," declares the LORD. "For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more."”

Once the New Covenant was in place the Old Covenant became obsolete.

Heb 8: 13 “By calling this covenant "new," he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and aging will soon disappear.”

The new covenant is superior to the old one.

Heb 8:6 “But the ministry Jesus has received is as superior to theirs as the covenant of which he is mediator is superior to the old one, and it is founded on better promises.”

Jesus is the mediator of the New Covenant. He is the One who sets us free and made forgiveness possible.

Heb 9:15 “For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance-now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.” NIV

Jesus is the one who makes us holy through His sacrifice.

Heb 10: 9-10 “He sets aside the first to establish the second. And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.”

What was the goal of the law in the Old Covenant?

Gal 3:19, 24 “What, then, was the purpose of the law? It was added because of transgressions until the Seed to whom the promise referred had come.” “So the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith.”

Heb 10:1-4 “The law is only a shadow of the good things that are coming-not the realities themselves. For this reason it can never, by the same sacrifices repeated endlessly year after year, make perfect those who draw near to worship. 2 If it could, would they not have stopped being offered? For the worshipers would have been cleansed once for all, and would no longer have felt guilty for their sins. 3 But those sacrifices are an annual reminder of sins, 4 because it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.”

2 Cor 3: 7-11 “Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, fading though it was, will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious? If the ministry that condemns men is glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness! For what was glorious has no glory now in comparison with the surpassing glory. And if what was fading away came with glory, how much greater is the glory of that which lasts!”

The New Covenant is a Covenant of the Spirit.

2 Cor 3:6 “He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant-not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.”

Only those who turn to Jesus will have the veil taken away and will fully understand the fulfillment of the Old Covenant in Jesus Christ. Where God’s Spirit is there is freedom! The New Covenant promises us God’s Spirit and freedom!

2 Cor 3: 12- 4:1 “Therefore, since we have such a hope, we are very bold. We are not like Moses, who would put a veil over his face to keep the Israelites from gazing at it while the radiance was fading away. But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed, because only in Christ is it taken away. Even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts. But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.”

Jesus is the One who freed us and made forgiveness possible. Through Him we are now a kingdom of priests!

Rev 1:5-6 “To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, 6 and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father-to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen.”

We are not saved by works, nor by keeping the law. We are saved by grace!

Eph 2:8-10 “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God- not by works, so that no one can boast.”

The Holy Spirit confirms the certitude of our salvation.

2 Cor 1:21-22 “He anointed us, set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.”

Eph 1:13-14 “Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession-to the praise of his glory.”

Gentiles were not part of the Old Covenant.

Eph 2:11-12 “Therefore, remember that formerly you who are Gentiles by birth and called "uncircumcised" by those who call themselves "the circumcision" (that done in the body by the hands of men)- 12 remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world.”

But gentiles can be part of the New Covenant:

Eph 2:13-14 “But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ. For he himself is our peace, who has made the two one (Jews and gentiles) and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility…”

We are now fellow citizens with God’s people, the Israelites and members of God’s household. Both Jew and gentile believers are recipients to God’s Holy Spirit.

Eph 2:19 “Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God's people and members of God's household, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.”

Salvation (the New Covenant) was only possible through Jesus Christ.

Gal 4:4-5 “But when the time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under law, to redeem those under law, that we might receive the full rights of sons.”

John 14:6-7 “Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”

d. The Sabbath – a sign to the Jews

Ex 31:12-17 “Then the LORD said to Moses, "Say to the Israelites, 'You must observe my Sabbaths. This will be a sign between me and you for the generations to come, so you may know that I am the LORD, who makes you holy. "'Observe the Sabbath, because it is holy to you. Anyone who desecrates it must be put to death; whoever does any work on that day must be cut off from his people. For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day must be put to death. The Israelites are to observe the Sabbath, celebrating it for the generations to come as a lasting covenant. It will be a sign between me and the Israelites forever, for in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day he abstained from work and rested.'”

Deut 5:1-6, 12-15 “Moses summoned all Israel and said: Hear, O Israel, the decrees and laws I declare in your hearing today. Learn them and be sure to follow them. The LORD our God made a covenant with us at Horeb. It was not with our fathers that the LORD made this covenant, but with us, with all of us who are alive here today. The LORD spoke to you face to face out of the fire on the mountain. (At that time I stood between the LORD and you to declare to you the word of the LORD, because you were afraid of the fire and did not go up the mountain.) And he said: "I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery…Observe the Sabbath day by keeping it holy, as the LORD your God has commanded you. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your manservant or maidservant, nor your ox, your donkey or any of your animals, nor the alien within your gates, so that your manservant and maidservant may rest, as you do. Remember that you were slaves in Egypt and that the LORD your God brought you out of there with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm. Therefore the LORD your God has commanded you to observe the Sabbath day.”

Neh 9:13-14 "You came down on Mount Sinai; you spoke to them from heaven. You gave them regulations and laws that are just and right, and decrees and commands that are good. You made known to them your holy Sabbath and gave them commands, decrees and laws through your servant Moses.”

Ezek 20:10-13 “Therefore I led them out of Egypt and brought them into the desert. I gave them my decrees and made known to them my laws, for the man who obeys them will live by them. Also I gave them my Sabbaths as a sign between us, so they would know that I the LORD made them holy. Yet the people of Israel rebelled against me in the desert. They did not follow my decrees but rejected my laws-although the man who obeys them will live by them-and they utterly desecrated my Sabbaths. So I said I would pour out my wrath on them and destroy them in the desert.”

The Bible is clear that the Sabbath is a sign between God and the Israelites and was part of the Old Covenant. Why do some Christians like to go back to the Old Covenant? Isn’t Jesus’ New Covenant adequate? Jesus clearly warned us against this in Luke 5:36-39 “He told them this parable: "No one tears a patch from a new garment and sews it on an old one. If he does, he will have torn the new garment, and the patch from the new will not match the old. And no one pours new wine into old wineskins. If he does, the new wine will burst the skins, the wine will run out and the wineskins will be ruined. No, new wine must be poured into new wineskins. And no one after drinking old wine wants the new, for he says, 'The old is better.”

In other words we cannot take a piece of the New Covenant and attach it to the Old Covenant. It would ruin the message of the New Covenant and the Old Covenant would look distorted.

Wine is clearly indicated by Jesus Himself to be His blood for the New Covenant Matt 26:27-29 “Then he took the cup, gave thanks and offered it to them, saying, "Drink from it, all of you. This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.” If you mix elements from the New Covenant with elements from the Old Covenant, you will say 'The old is better” and will start to have a distorted version of salvation by grace.

This message is proclaimed not once, but three times in the New Testament (see also Mark 2:21-22 and Matt 9:16-17). When God proclaims something once, it is important. But when God makes sure that it is written three times in His Word, we better pay close attention!

It is also interesting that in two of the places where this is recorded, it is immediately following incidents where Jesus and His disciples were breaking the Sabbath laws, and where He declared that He was “Lord of the Sabbath” (see Luke 6:1-5 and Mark 2:23-3:1). Coincidence? I don’t believe so.

Conclusion

Please prayerfully consider all the facts that have been given here. Don’t be deceived! The Sabbath was never changed into Sunday. This is true. However, Sabbath found its reality in Jesus, who is the only One who could ever proclaim: Matt 11:28-29 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.”

The Sabbath rest in the New Covenant is not a once a week occurrence any longer. It is a daily occurrence through Jesus Christ.

Are you tired my friend? Are you carrying heavy burdens? Why don’t you come to Jesus and find true rest in Him. Put your burdens down at His feet and He will give you rest. Rejoice with the Early Christians that Jesus was raised on the first day of the week! He is not dead any longer! He is risen, thus making it possible for us to be free from any bondage we carry so that we can rest in Him! Will you accept His invitation?

#####################

Amen!! Come to Jesus and He will give you rest! There are no rituals to perform!! God did it all! Gave us direct relationship with Himself through His Son and the Holy Spirit!! The New Covenant is between God and His Son, there is nothing man can do to earn it, or mess it up!

JESUS IS ALL AND EVERYTHING!!

Patti C.

Re: THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE OLD AND NEW (Testaments and Covenants)

Hello all,

I am seeing that many do not understand the differences between the Old and the New Covenants. and how this has led to the mixing of Law and Grace. This is dangerous as it is turning the righteousness of into self righteousness.

Many are saying they keep the commandments of God by their own power,and this is blasphemy!! We need to be crystal clear that Jesus is the only way that one can keep the commandments. Being born again and having the Holy Spirit is an absolute must. We need the testimony of Jesus Christ in order to keep the commandments of God!! No one under the Old Covenant was able to keep the commandments...not one!! Only Jesus was able, and so,to return to thinking we can keep them without resting in Jesus and what He did at the Cross, is an absolute impossibility!

Wake up!! Come out of religion and into Truth!!

JESUS IS ALL AND EVERYTHING!!

Patti C.