Rapture Bible Prophecy Forum

(Rapture is a Vatican/Jesuit Lie )
The "Resurrection" has been erroneously labeled The "Rapture". 
THERE IS NO RAPTURE

WHY THE TITLE RAPTURE BIBLE PROPHECY FORUM?
WE STARTED OUT BELIEVING IN A 7 YR PRE TRIBULATION RAPTURE
BUT FOUND OVER TIME AROUND 2006 THAT THE BIBLE DOES NOT SHARE A 
BIBLE VERSE WHATSOEVER INDICATING A 7 YR PRE TRIBULATION RAPTURE

BIBLE VERSES EVIDENCE:

While Yahusha/JESUS was alive, He prayed to His Father: "I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.  John 17:15 (KJV)

Yahusha/JESUS gave signs of what must happen before His Return:  "Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:"  Matt. 24:29 (KJV)

WE DAILY STUDY TO SHEW OURSELVES APPROVED 
WE ARE NOT AFRAID TO SAY WE ARE LEARNING DAILY AND 
ARE ABLE TO ADMIT WE MAKE MISTAKES BUT STUDY TO 
LEARN EVERY DAY.

LET YHVH/YAHUSHA BE TRUE 
AND EVERY MAN A LIAR.

To Join and post on this site e-mail for a password
​​​​​​​stevensandiego@ymail.com

FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rapture-Bible-Prophecy-Forum/362856490414697

Hebrew 5783-5788   Gregorian 2023-2028

THIS SITE IS ABOUT Yahusha/JESUS
 We are followers of Yahusha/JESUS Only​​​​​​​
Yahusha/JESUS IS GOD/YHVH
Yahusha/JESUS is YHVH/GOD/YHWH-Yahusha/Son:
​​​​​​​Yahusha/JESUS is The WORD

Yahusha is I Am That I Am  (Exodus 3:14)

Yahusha is YHWH  come in the flesh, He put aside His Diety to become a human, born of  a Virgin.

Yahusha is the Word, As The Most High, He spoke all things seen and unseen into existence

When YHWH created Light, He was revealed to the angels. 

John 14:26
"the breath of life"

But the Comforter, which is "the breath of life", whom the Father will send shall teach you all things.

God is not His  Name but a term.  The Holy Spirit is not a person but the very Breath of the Father.

There is no Trinity.  The Father, YHVH  and Yahusha are One  (John 10:30)

THE BOOK OF ENOCH

NOW IS THE TIME!

FOR A REMOTE GENERATION THE LAST GENERATION FOR THE ELECT!

REFERENCES IN THE BOOK OF ENOCH TO THE BIBLE

https://bookofenochreferences.wordpress.com/category/the-book-of-enoch-with-biblical-references-chapters-1-to-9/chapter-1/

Book of Enoch: http://tinyurl.com/BkOfEnoch

The book of Second Peter and Jude Authenticate the book of Enoch and Vice Versa

Yahusha/JESUS QUOTED FROM THE SEPTUAGINT:

THE APOSTLES QUOTED FROM THE SEPTUAGINT

JEWS WERE CONVERTING TO CHRISTIANITY

FREE DOWNLOADS

All Of The Apocryphal Books Of

The King James 1611 Version

http://www.scriptural-truth.com/apocrypha_books.html 

Pray for one another, as we watch for the Lord's  return!

Bible Prophecy Forum Postings
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DID JESUS RISE FROM THE TOMB ON SATURDAY OR SUNDAY?

FOR FAIR USE EDUCATION AND DISCUSSION PURPOSES

Link of article or video : http://www.gracethrufaith.com/.../the-feast-of-first-fruits

Hello all,

There has been some debate about when Jesus rose from the tomb, as to whether it was Saturday or Sunday. I believe it was Sunday, as the Bible tells us it was the first day of the week. While I was thinking of this, suddenly something came to mind that actually settled this issue, for me, once and for all.

It has to do with the Feasts of the Lord and how Jesus fulfilled the Spring Feasts exactly to the day. The Feast of First Fruits always falls on a Sunday, if Jesus fulfilled this Feast, than He would have to of risen on Sunday! I know that sounds simple and maybe it has been argued before, but it was the first time I had seen it that way.

Also, Pentecost is always on a Sunday, the sending of the Holy Spirit occurred exactly 7 weeks after the Resurrection, I think this is extremely important in proving that Jesus was raised on Sunday…if He rose on Saturday He would have not fulfilled the Feast of First Fruits, and Pentecost would also be on a Saturday…which is not what the Lord established as the appointed time.

The only way to the Holy Spirit is through Christ, so it is interesting that the Holy Spirit was also sent on a Sunday. These are the two most important days in the universe and they both fall on a Sunday! Why would God establish these appointed times for feast days if there wasn’t some perfect reason?

I think this is all associated with the “eighth day” more so than it being on Sunday. We see this also in regard to the Last Great Day, the separate feast at the end of the Feast of Tabernacles…we also see it in regards to Chanukah…that lasts for eight days. But, that is a separate study.

No, I do not think that Sunday replaces the Sabbath Saturdays of the Old Covenant…but I do see how Jesus and the Holy Spirit are associated with Sunday, and He brought a New Covenant to mankind, therefore He is our Sabbath Rest, and thus showing us that all is fulfilled in regards to man having to perform any works to please God. Jesus did all the work, and now we are to rest in Him, and let Him do the Lord’s work through us, by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. This is the only thing that pleases God that one is in Christ and has the Holy Spirit living inside one’s heart.

Simply put, if the Lord wanted mankind to keep the Sabbath (Saturday) why did He have these two events occur on a Sunday? The Israelites had been keeping these appointed time feasts, of the Lord, for hundreds of years before Christ came, and they were on Sunday all those years, foreshadowing when these events would occur. It makes absolute sense that Christians would hold Sunday as the Lord’s Day. Think about this…both the Resurrection and the sending of the Holy Spirit occurred on this day, as established by the Holy Almighty God of the Universe!!

To me, it would be worse if Christians decided to keep the Saturday Sabbath in light of what the Lord shows us here. His appointed times for the fulfillment of these two most important feasts was Sunday and as Christians we should definitely identify and relate to this.

This was all a new revelation for me that I am sharing on the off chance it will help someone else put this issue to rest and know that God is in charge and He established the correct days. No man or group of men will change what God has established for His people.

The following is a short study on these two Feasts and how they fall on Sunday and the importance of that to New Covenant Christians. (I put some words in all caps for emphasis.)

######################################

The Feast of First Fruits

But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep.
1 Cor 15:20

The LORD said to Moses, “Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘When you enter the land I am going to give you and you reap its harvest, bring to the priest a sheaf of the first grain you harvest. He is to wave the sheaf before the LORD so it will be accepted on your behalf; the priest is to wave it ON THE DAY AFTER THE SABBATH. On the day you wave the sheaf, you must sacrifice as a burnt offering to the LORD a lamb a year old without defect, together with its grain offering of two-tenths of an ephah of fine flour mixed with oil-an offering made to the LORD by fire, a pleasing aroma-and its drink offering of a quarter of a hin of wine. You must not eat any bread, or roasted or new grain, until the very day you bring this offering to your God. This is to be a lasting ordinance for the generations to come, wherever you live. (Lev. 23:9-14)

Three Spring Feasts

Often overlooked because Passover and the Feast of Unleavened Bread over shadow and surround it, the Feast of First Fruits can nonetheless be called the MOST IMPORTANT Feast of them all, at least from a Christian point of view. This, even though the Gospel accounts don’t even mention First Fruits and also seem to use Passover and Unleavened Bread interchangeably. It’s easy to miss the fact that there were actually three feasts being celebrated at once.

Although it’s not obvious from the passage above, The Sabbath the Lord was referring to is the one that comes after the Passover, meaning that while the Passover can fall on any day of the week which also happens to be the 14th day of the first month, THE FEAST OF FIRST FRUITS IS ALWAYS THE FOLLOWING SUNDAY, the day after the Sabbath after Passover. Unleavened Bread begins on Passover and lasts seven days, so First Fruits comes before Unleavened Bread ends.

The year the Lord was crucified, Passover fell on a Thursday. Three days and three nights later it was Sunday morning, the Feast of First Fruits. And for several hundred years after that, the Sunday morning after Passover was known to Christians as Resurrection Morning.

What Day Is It?

But at the Council of Nicea in 325 AD, Eastern and Western bishops of the Church disagreed over the official date for the Church’s most important Holy Day. Eastern bishops favored staying with the calculation involving Passover as Leviticus describes, since many of them were of Jewish origin, and since the gospels had placed Resurrection Morning just after Passover.

Western bishops, being mostly Gentile, favored a date closer to the beginning of spring because there were already a number of pagan festivals held during that time and a religious holiday would fit right in. Perhaps this is when the Western church began referring to Resurrection Morning as Easter Sunday, after the Babylonian fertility goddess Ishtar. The Feast of Ishtar was always celebrated at the beginning of spring and involved eggs and rabbits and other signs of fertility. Even today, you can see how elements of the two have been merged together.

Eventually, due in part to their view that since the Jews had rejected Christ Jewish traditions shouldn’t be used in selecting the date for Easter, the Western Church settled on the first Sunday after the first full moon after the spring equinox. Soon Easter Sunday became disconnected from Passover by as much as several weeks.

The adoption of the Gregorian calendar (the one we use in the west today) in 1752 did nothing to correct this disconnect, and since the Eastern or Orthodox Church stuck with the earlier Julian calendar, we now have two dates for Easter in most years. (In 2004, the Feast of First Fruits, and Orthodox and Western Easter all came on the same day, a rare occasion.)

The Common Practice

But back to the Feast of First Fruits. Grains were planted in the fall in Israel. They germinated in the ground through the winter, shot up as soon as the weather got warm, and ripened in the spring, barley first and then wheat. The stalks were cut and stacked in sheaves for the harvesters to collect for thrashing. But harvesting or eating any of the grain was not permitted until a sample sheaf was brought to the Temple at sunrise on the first day AFTER the Sabbath following Passover. This day was called the Feast of First Fruits. A similar ceremony for the wheat harvest took place on Pentecost, ALSO A SUNDAY, seven weeks later.

As you know the Lord required that the first fruits of all their harvest be given to Him, whether plant or animal. (In the case of animals, only the very first offspring from each animal was required, not the first of each season. For humanity, a small ransom was paid at the Temple to redeem the firstborn son. The Lord expressly forbade any form of child sacrifice.)

The priest took the sheaf of grain and waved it before the altar of the Lord as a sample of the harvest. This was called the wave offering. To be sure it was acceptable to the Lord, a year old lamb was also offered, along with about 4 quarts of flour and oil mixture and a quart of wine. The mixing fragrances of the roasting lamb, the baking bread dough and the steam from the wine made a pleasant aroma for the Lord and the offering was accepted. The Lord having received His required first portion, the harvest could proceed and the grain could be ground into flour for their daily bread.

The Prophetic Fulfillment

At sunrise on the morning of the Feast of First Fruits in 32 AD, as the priests were waving the sheaf of grain before the altar, the women arrived at the Lord’s tomb to prepare His body for permanent burial. Remember, there wasn’t enough time before sunset on the day He was crucified and the following two days were both Sabbaths, so no work was permitted. (Interestingly, work was permitted on the Feast of First Fruits, although not on Pentecost.)

But the tomb was empty. He had risen, the First Fruits of them that slept. (1 Cor. 15:20) Later that day many Holy people from Israel’s past were seen in the city of Jerusalem, also having risen from their tombs. (Matt. 27:53) This was the Lord’s wave offering, a sample of His harvest of souls. I’m thinking that the aroma of the Temple offering was especially pleasing to the Lord that morning. The days of substitutes were over; the real thing had come. (Hebr. 10:1)

The Ultimate Triple Play

For Christ, our Passover Lamb, had been sacrificed (1 Cor. 5:7), and on the very day, fulfilling the Passover Prophecy. For seven days beginning on Passover, the Israelites ate bread without yeast in celebration of the Feast of Unleavened Bread, and in fact went to great lengths to rid their homes of any trace of leaven. This Feast symbolized a promise that the sin of man, represented by the leaven, would be completely taken away. The Lord’s death fulfilled this one as well, for He’s the Lamb of God Who takes away the sin of the world. (John 1:29) And take it away He did, as far as the East is from the West. (Psalm 103:12)

And right on schedule the Lord rose from the grave, fulfilling the Feast of First Fruits. He is the First Fruits of them that slept, and His resurrection confirmed His victory over sin and death. And ours too, for if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Rom. 10:9) Selah 4-18-04

################################

JESUS IS ALL AND EVERYTHING!!

Patti C.

Re: DID JESUS RISE FROM THE TOMB ON SATURDAY OR SUNDAY?

I agree, "the morrow after the sabbath" pretty much says it, I also think the scripture bears it out in several places. To add concerning the physical sabbath-keeping, if anyone is trying to do it, this can't seem possible. Even if I wanted to physically keep the sabbath, I find it impossible to determine which day really is "the 7th day" because there's no frame of reference for it. What I mean is, the months keep resetting themselves according to the sun, moon and stars which we can see and is our frame of reference for determining these timings. But with the 7th day, there's no frame of reference- it's simply based on a cycle of 7's started by the Lord way back at the beginning.

Now, who is to say that sometime in the past, this wasn't altered somehow? As if some decree is made whereby in the past "We're all going to bed tonite on Monday, and when we wake tomorrow, we're going to be calling it Thursday, and we're going to skip some days- so tomorrow it's Thursday after today's Monday" this would mean that our present Saturday is not actually the same Saturday that it used to be, and the "actual" 7th day of the week, the sabbath, would now be on our Monday.

To make matters worse, this is what is said to have been done and multiple times. For instance when the calendar was switched from Julian to Gregorian- an entire ten days was "skipped", and this is going to affect any physical sabbath keeping, is it not? At this point good luck determining which day is the REAL sabbath; as far as that one incident goes, the 7th day of the week is actually on Tuesday now, and we're calling Saturday Tuesday: and this is not even considering the other alleged changes in the timekeeping because of calendar changes; and also the first day of the week is now involved in the proverbial shell game.

The scripture establishes that Jesus rose on the first day of the week, so we know that is true- but whether out present "Sunday" is actually the same 1st day of the 7-day cycles began by the Lord in antiquity, is anyone's uncertainty; likewise the 7th day.

In addition to the change in the mean length of the calendar year from 365.25 days (365 days 6 hours) to 365.2425 days (365 days 5 hours 49 minutes 12 seconds), a reduction of 10 minutes 48 seconds per year, the Gregorian calendar reform also dealt with the accumulated difference between these lengths. Between AD 325 (when the First Council of Nicaea was held, and the vernal equinox occurred approximately 21 March), and the time of Pope Gregory's bull in 1582, the vernal equinox had moved backward in the calendar, until it was occurring on about 11 March, 10 days earlier. The Gregorian calendar therefore began by skipping 10 calendar days, to restore 21 March as the date of the vernal equinox.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregorian_calendar

Re: DID JESUS RISE FROM THE TOMB ON SATURDAY OR SUNDAY?

John,

That is all good and well …you are right…times and days are pretty confused in these modern times. But, that does not change the fact that the Lord set up these feast days to be the appointed times.

Therefore, if the Israelites, while in the desert, were keeping the Sabbath (the 7th day), then the day after the Sabbath would be the 8th (or the 1st day) of their week. In fact the calendars were not changed until after the time of Christ, so it really matters not how it got changed in regards to what I am saying here. It was the Lord’s original intention and how they were observed before the calendars were changed, that is important in seeing that these two, all important, feasts did not happen on a Sabbath.

Patti C.