Rapture Bible Prophecy Forum

(Rapture is a Vatican/Jesuit Lie )
The "Resurrection" has been erroneously labeled The "Rapture". 
THERE IS NO RAPTURE

WHY THE TITLE RAPTURE BIBLE PROPHECY FORUM?
WE STARTED OUT BELIEVING IN A 7 YR PRE TRIBULATION RAPTURE
BUT FOUND OVER TIME AROUND 2006 THAT THE BIBLE DOES NOT SHARE A 
BIBLE VERSE WHATSOEVER INDICATING A 7 YR PRE TRIBULATION RAPTURE

BIBLE VERSES EVIDENCE:

While Yahusha/JESUS was alive, He prayed to His Father: "I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.  John 17:15 (KJV)

Yahusha/JESUS gave signs of what must happen before His Return:  "Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:"  Matt. 24:29 (KJV)

WE DAILY STUDY TO SHEW OURSELVES APPROVED 
WE ARE NOT AFRAID TO SAY WE ARE LEARNING DAILY AND 
ARE ABLE TO ADMIT WE MAKE MISTAKES BUT STUDY TO 
LEARN EVERY DAY.

LET YHVH/YAHUSHA BE TRUE 
AND EVERY MAN A LIAR.

To Join and post on this site e-mail for a password
​​​​​​​stevensandiego@ymail.com

FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rapture-Bible-Prophecy-Forum/362856490414697

Hebrew 5783-5788   Gregorian 2023-2028

THIS SITE IS ABOUT Yahusha/JESUS
 We are followers of Yahusha/JESUS Only​​​​​​​
Yahusha/JESUS IS GOD/YHVH
Yahusha/JESUS is YHVH/GOD/YHWH-Yahusha/Son:
​​​​​​​Yahusha/JESUS is The WORD

Yahusha is I Am That I Am  (Exodus 3:14)

Yahusha is YHWH  come in the flesh, He put aside His Diety to become a human, born of  a Virgin.

Yahusha is the Word, As The Most High, He spoke all things seen and unseen into existence

When YHWH created Light, He was revealed to the angels. 

John 14:26
"the breath of life"

But the Comforter, which is "the breath of life", whom the Father will send shall teach you all things.

God is not His  Name but a term.  The Holy Spirit is not a person but the very Breath of the Father.

There is no Trinity.  The Father, YHVH  and Yahusha are One  (John 10:30)

THE BOOK OF ENOCH

NOW IS THE TIME!

FOR A REMOTE GENERATION THE LAST GENERATION FOR THE ELECT!

REFERENCES IN THE BOOK OF ENOCH TO THE BIBLE

https://bookofenochreferences.wordpress.com/category/the-book-of-enoch-with-biblical-references-chapters-1-to-9/chapter-1/

Book of Enoch: http://tinyurl.com/BkOfEnoch

The book of Second Peter and Jude Authenticate the book of Enoch and Vice Versa

Yahusha/JESUS QUOTED FROM THE SEPTUAGINT:

THE APOSTLES QUOTED FROM THE SEPTUAGINT

JEWS WERE CONVERTING TO CHRISTIANITY

FREE DOWNLOADS

All Of The Apocryphal Books Of

The King James 1611 Version

http://www.scriptural-truth.com/apocrypha_books.html 

Pray for one another, as we watch for the Lord's  return!

Bible Prophecy Forum Postings
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Make sure you love Israel

For Fair Use Discussion and Educational Purposes

Link:http://www.raptureready.com/rap15.html
Note: Before commenting on any posts please make sure you either watch or read each post in it’s entirety. Before, making a comment, if you don’t have the time to watch or read fully please restrain from commenting. When you do this it will help to reduce confusion.

Thank you for visiting Rapture Bible Prophecy Forum!

Please add us to your favorites!
http://www.rapturebibleprophecyforum.com
Our Facebook page is :
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rapture-Bible-Prophecy-Forum/362856490414697
Please LIKE our Facebook page!

Jul 1, 2013

Keep Calm and Carry a Big Sword

I spoke this week with Sandy Rios, vice-president of Family-Pac Federal, radio host, and writer. She’d participated in a “bloggers’ tour” of Israel, sponsored by the America-Israel Friendship League (AIFL).

Sandy is one of the most astute observers of our culture. We spoke of her impressions after seeing how the Israelis cope with terror. She said that it is amazing to watch them go about their daily lives in the face of terror.

I agree.

I also saw a beautiful photo on Facebook, an image of Jerusalem’s famed outdoor mall on Ben Yehuda St. In the 1990s, it was the scene of ghastly homicide bomber attacks. I like to visit the Steimatzky bookshop at the end of the street, and enjoy a great bagel while people-watching.

One can learn a lot from watching Israelis live life. One of the biggest questions I get from folks thinking about visiting the country is, But is it safe?

It is, and that’s one reason why the Jewish state is so needed, especially for Jews. It’s the one place in the world where Jews can be safe—a seeming contradiction due to its hostile neighbors.

Witness this week, however, the brutal murder of student Andrew Prochter as he watched the government protests in Egypt. Any non-Muslim is vulnerable in Egypt, but Jews and Christians are especially in danger. Yet our own government continues to literally fund the Muslim Brotherhood.

Prochter seems to have been one of those idealistic young people who want to help change the world for the better. It is doubly sad then that his life ended when a protester plunged a knife into his chest.

Life is cheap in the Muslim world. Life is also cheap in the Obama administration.

The Israelis, however, go to any lengths to protest their own people. Rios was delighted to see the use of the Iron Dome, which repels rocket attacks.

“I’d heard of it, but hadn’t seen it. To see how it operates, and creates a situation where Israelis can have some measure of comfort and enjoy their lives and not be as worried by rocket attacks…it was very encouraging.”

While visiting Israel during the Second Intifada, in November, 2002, I felt quite safe walking even in east Jerusalem. Why? The presence of the IDF.

So long as Israel continues valuing human life, those who live there and visit the country will continue to enjoy a level of safety sadly lacking in other parts of the world. Even the “civilized” worlds of Cairo and Washington D.C.

jim@prophecymatters.com

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Zechariah 12:3,9:
And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people; And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.

Disclaimer: Rapture Bible Prophecy Forum, ( http://www.rapturebibleprophecyforum.com ) does not necessarily endorse or agree with every opinion expressed in every article posted on this site. We do however, encourage a healthy and friendly debate on the issues of our day. Whether you agree or disagree, we encourage you to post your feedback by using the reply button.

If you are new to this site and would like to post articles, opinions, youtube videos that are appropriate for this site just e mail me at

stevensandiego@ymail.com
I will send you a PASSWORD

Ybic
Steven

Note: Before commenting on any posts please make sure you either watch or read each post in it’s entirety. Before, making a comment, if you don’t have the time to watch or read fully please restrain from commenting. When you do this it will help to reduce confusion.

Our Facebook page is :

Jul 8, 2013

The Pastor Who Wasn’t There

I visited a mega-church this morning. By definition, it’s a church that has a vested interest in developing and maintaining groupthink. By that I mean, the Rick Warren model of demanding consensus. The pastor—who addressed the congregation via video—is part of a large denomination that has traditionally been “conservative.”

That is changing.

It was disconcerting watching the pastor from a satellite location, but that isn’t the point of today’s discussion. The point is that the type of consensus-building running rampant through evangelical churches today bodes ill for Israel.

To give you an idea just how choreographed and monolithic the Purpose Driven model is in our churches today, you might find it interesting that the pastor whose church I attended (but he didn’t) highly recommended a new book by Thom Rainer, who is CEO of LifeWay, the Southern Baptist curriculum resource. The book, I Am a Church Member, outlines how a congregant should behave in the modern American church.

Dissension, what some of us might call checks and balances, is not only strongly discouraged—it is in effect outlawed. Rainer makes the point that “unity” is the end goal. If you question the Purpose Driven model (as my friend Noah Hutchings explained to me, after receiving hundreds of letters from the “dissenters” who were shown the door) you will eventually be asked to leave the church.

Rainer’s pastor friend, helping him market the book, told the congregation that the following Sunday, they’d all receive a copy of the book, due to a generous donor. He also said (I thought somewhat chillingly) that the entire staff not only was required to read it, but discuss at the Monday meeting.

What does this have to do with the price of bagels in Tel Aviv?

Just that the entire leadership culture of the American evangelical community is moving away from supporting Israel. Stories like the one I’m relating here are part of the problem.

Before the service, I stopped by the church’s bookstore, a LifeWay store, of course. There I found books by Rick Warren, N.T. Wright, John Ortberg, John Piper, Bill Hybels, and Steven Furtick.

Warren is no friend of Israel—though he might protest that; doublespeak is another skillset required of mega-leaders today—John Ortberg speaks at Christ at the Checkpoint; John Piper tweets bizarre messages, such as when he asked Who is a Jew?; Hybels and his wife, Lynne, are solidly in the Palestinian narrative camp; and young Mr. Furtick, while not overtly anti-Israel, has chosen to carve-out his own ministry niche by, among other things, appropriating OT stories about the Israelites (Joshua, Elisha) and turning them into his own Christian self-help messages…books included.

There is a culture in mega-churches. The culture is set by the senior pastor of course. The senior pastors of this country are in turn influenced by Warren, Hybels, and a handful of other change agents who are transforming the American church into a syncretic hotbed of left-wing ideology. Think I’m too alarmist, or just plain crazy? Keep this blog post handy and let’s compare notes in 2018. Seriously.

Look, are there sincere people doing good things in mega-churches? Of course there are. There are also good, sincere pastors who have a heart for people and for advancing the Gospel, which is their job.

But on the whole, churches like the one I visited help market an ideology and philosophy demanded by Warren, Andy Stanley, and a few of their friends. By the way, and this is mentioned merely to put flesh on the skeleton of this story, outside this particular church there are Boze speakers planted in the manicured lawn. Inside, in the lobbies, are new “Giving Kiosks.” I find all this loathsome.

I also object to the weak “support” for Israel from pastors like this. He goes on “Holy Land” tours, visits Christian sites, then comes home and allows his bookstore to be stocked with titles from N.T. Wright & Friends.

He then has the audacity to say from the pulpit that the church rigidly proclaims biblical truth. Not when you carry books by Leonard Sweet, Erwin McManus, and Bill Hybels.

Add to this fact my recent experience trying to get Dr. Russell Moore to comment on his support or lack of support for Israel, and one begins to get the picture. Moore, newly installed president of the SBC’s Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission, has been described in an article at WorldView Weekend as having less-than-stellar feelings for Israel. When I asked him to elaborate, his assistant told me he declined.

The Big-Tent philosophy demanded by the mega-church monster naturally puts a damper on pro Israel support, because a huge congregation that necessarily has to keep the cash flowing in cannot afford to offend United Methodists, Lutherans, non-denominationals, etc., who find their way to that particular locale. There are too many coming from other denominations that dislike Israel and Jews to risk strong support for Israel.

An additional failure is the almost complete lack of teaching of Bible prophecy in these churches. To their great, eternal shame, they rigidly avoid it (except to throw a sop to the oldest generations). One will not see a prophecy speaker address the youth, or student ministries. Why? Believe it or not, primarily because Rick Warren denigrates it and directly tells thousands of pastors not to bother with teaching prophecy!

Let me be clear: the failure of American churches to teach the specialness of the Jews, and to reveal through teaching predictive prophecy the power and majesty of the living God…is killing American Christianity. There are still large churches that teach well, and many small ones that do. But the trend is toward decline and finally, whimpering extinction. This is the opposite of the grand view of the future church presented by Rick Warren.

The Boze speaker startled me at first, stuck there in the sod. The giving kiosk reeked of naked greed. The pastor was literally somewhere else.

So what we have at this level is a pastor who really isn’t there for the flock. This includes teaching them the truth about biblical history, the whole counsel of God, and the gigantic story of Israel in our day.

I see the endgame in view.

jim@prophecymatters.com

And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people; And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.

Disclaimer: Rapture Bible Prophecy Forum, ( http://www.rapturebibleprophecyforum.com ) does not necessarily endorse or agree with every opinion expressed in every article posted on this site. We do however, encourage a healthy and friendly debate on the issues of our day. Whether you agree or disagree, we encourage you to post your feedback by using the reply button.

If you are new to this site and would like to post articles, opinions, youtube videos that are appropriate for this site just e mail me at

stevensandiego@ymail.com

Ybic
Steven

Our Facebook page is :

Jul 15, 2013

The Rockets’ Red Glare

Visiting the Golan, and the area immediately to the south is invigorating. Here, one can see the remarkable progress Israel has made in terms of agriculture and tourism. The Sea of Galilee is tranquil, and the cattle, crops, and wine produced here visitors find especially extraordinary, given the fact that the country was a wasteland for so long.

There’s always a “however,” however. In this case, all the above is true, yet the Israelis now live under threat of rocket attack from Lebanon and Syria. Since the pullout from Lebanon in the past decade, Israel is aware that Hezbollah has stockpiled tens of thousands of lethal ballistic missiles.

With a stockpile of 60,000 rockets, Hezbollah can strike anywhere in Israel. Shockingly, the missiles can even reach Eilat. In the 2006 Lebanon War, clumsily directed by then-Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert, the terror group fired 4,000 rockets at Israel. Needless to say, UN Resolution 1701, which called for Hezbollah to withdraw from southern Lebanon, was a drastic failure. Israeli intelligence estimates that Hezbollah has built 1,000 military installations, along with 550 weapons bunkers, and 300 underground facilities.

Now, the chaotic events unfolding in the Middle East—moving so rapidly that even experts have trouble keeping up—make it clear, chillingly, that the Obama administration has sinister plans for propping-up jihadists. One can come to no other conclusion. From supporting “rebels” in Syria, to its consternation over the demise of the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt, the administration is bound-and-determined to aid the jihadists. Hezbollah is a key player in that drama.

The Obama administration now holds the rotating presidency of the UN Security Council, and issued a “presidential statement” which was supposed to outline the situation in Lebanon. Instead, there was not one word about Hezbollah! As has been said, this is how Obama treats reality: he doesn’t. The foreign diplomacy as practiced in Washington is geared around not acknowledging that Muslims are behind the global terror war.

Fortunately, the Israelis do not depend upon Washington for their security. As the world waits for the inevitable showdown between Israel and Hezbollah, most feel the Jewish state is in peril.

We’ll see. They’ve beaten much longer odds.

jim@prophecymatters.com

stevensandiego@ymail.com

Ybic
Steven

Our Facebook page is :

Jul 22, 2013
Is Jewish Life Cheap?

In my continuing efforts to get Christian Palestinianists to acknowledge the simple fact that Israel’s security fence keeps Palestinians from murdering Jews (I’ll let you know when one from the leadership does acknowledge it), it is not surprising that the wider view is similar.

That is, Secretary of State John Kerry, ignoring the carnage in Egypt and Syria, focuses his attention on securing a meaningless agreement between Israel and the PLO/Hamas. One wonders whether this results from myopia, self-delusion, or mendacity. I vote for 3.

There is no other explanation. For 20 long years, the Oslo framework has been held-up as an actual workable plan. It was, of course, a failure from the start, because one side pushed forward an unrepentant terrorist (hint: “See Arafat, Yasser” who had been a “revolutionary” since his student days in Egypt in the ‘50s, surrounded by the Muslim Brotherhood and various other radicals.

Word comes this week that two Palestinian negotiators claim Kerry told them that new talks would be based on the infamous “’67 Borders” model, meaning Israel would give up all territory it won in the June War. This was never the meaning of U.N. Resolution 242, but modern critics/vicious enemies of Israel count on the short attention span of the collective. And they get it.

Which is why they can peddle the lie that Israel must return all the territory. Very few people realize that Israel has already returned 90 percent of that territory, turned over blocs of the West Bank to the PLO, pulled out of Lebanon, pulled out of Gaza, etc. They returned the Sinai to Egypt.

None of that makes any difference to the international community. That is why even major evangelical leaders in the U.S. will not acknowledge that Israel’s security fence is necessary, at least for the time being. Might a reasonable Palestinian leadership arise in a couple generations? It’s possible, theoretically, although they still have to overcome the hurdle of the Jew-hating curriculum they’ve been raised on. Every U.S. secretary of state in the last 20 years (and boy, have there been some mediocre ones!) have given lip-service to Israel’s demands that the PA/PLO remove the hater curriculum.

As an aside, just to give you an example of where evangelical leadership in America is going on this issue and anything else to do with Israel and the Palestinians, look at Pastor Jonathan Martin of Renovatus Church in Charlotte, North Carolina. Read the dude’s blog. Where he speaks of this conflict, he is clearly pro Palestinian. A young, articulate graduate of Duke Divinity School, he is mainstream evangelical.

Further, Martin is good friends with such rising stars as Steven Furtick of Elevation Church (and protégé of Rick Warren and Bill Hybels). While Furtick doesn’t weigh-in on the Arab-Israeli conflict (he’s too busy with his weird mash of self-help teaching), all these people move in the same circles and plausibly believe whatever any of the rest of them believes about any subject. And with Warren and Hybels setting the bar for these guys, where do you think Israel support among evangelicals will be in a generation?

Gone, baby, gone.

This is why to date I have been unable to get any of them to acknowledge that Israel’s security is indeed the priority. Beware someone who gives lip-service to Israel’s security but then endorses a Palestinian state based on ’67.

They are lying about supporting Israel’s right to defense. There are various reasons for this, but just one is the deeply embedded belief that the Jews killed Christ. You would be shocked if you knew the real levels of anti-Semitic belief among American evangelical leadership.

So at the end of the day, we live in a dismaying time in which American Christian leadership shares the same worldview as that of the dysfunctional State Department.

Israeli officials of course denied that any such guarantee was given to the PLO by Kerry, but you know what? As an American, I can believe that my secretary of state most certainly did tell Abbas that in Ramallah. Why wouldn’t he? He and his bosses in Washington are masters of double-speak, and hasn’t Barack Obama already given his personal view on the borders, in 2011?

Israel’s famous, late, eloquent Foreign Minister Abba Eban once famously said that if Israel were to return to the 1967 borders, they would be in effect “Auschwitz Borders,” meaning they would be indefensible.

The Jews held the Nazis off in the Warsaw Ghetto for a long time before being murdered. They fought like Joshuas.

As I’ve said before, I’ve seen Israel’s narrow waist were the ’67 borders to be imposed. Driving north and passing the Palestinian village of Tulkharm (where homicide bombers have emerged), I looked then to the left and saw Netanya and the coast, a mere nine miles away.

This is Plano to Dallas. Chicago neighborhoods to Wrigley Field. My hometown to the next town down the highway.

Why on earth would anyone expect the Jewish state to agree to such borders.

Because Jewish life is cheap to them. They don’t care.

Well, it isn’t cheap to me. And it isn’t cheap to Israel’s supporters.

Israel will not be destroyed. The Jews are not going to another Holocaust.

Never.

jim@prophecymatters.com

stevensandiego@ymail.com

Ybic
Steven

Our Facebook page is :

Aug 5, 2013

Prophecy Matters: The God Who Answers by Fire

From time to time, people either directly tell me or hint that I must be an unhappy person. Their reasoning is that I write negative things and sometimes appear angry.

Well, I’m probably one of the happiest guys you’d ever meet. When I get the occasional email lamenting the fact that I’m lamenting about something, I just turn to my dog and ask her, “Big Lovin’, am I depressing to be around?” She usually yawns and licks my hand, which I take to mean that no, we are pretty happy.

To be more precise, I’m content. It’s a great lesson learned from the writings of the apostle Paul. People who have influenced me and who invested in my life were content because they chose to embrace God’s Word. There is joy in recognizing that, despite the horrors in our sad old world, glory is coming.

That isn’t some pie-in-the-sky delusion we tell ourselves just in case we don’t numb the pain with alcohol or drugs, or some other vice. It comes from an assurance that the Bible is true, that our Creator chose to communicate with us this way.

Nowhere is this more evident than in the startling prophecies in which Israel is the central theme. In other words, God is “proving” Himself to us by telling us what will happen before it happens.

No one else can do this.

As we watch the culture disintegrate, and watch an astonishingly menacing president dismantle the only global beacon of freedom the world has ever known…we must check ourselves. Are our present circumstances too much? Can we endure mocking and persecution? Will our individual troubles engulf us?

No. Yes. No.

The Christian life is joy. The truth that an all-powerful being would not only create an astonishing universe and at the same time love each person completely is pure joy.

This is why I believe life is a rich blessing. This is why I’m not a malcontent. This is why we are living-out our faith in real-time, watching events unfold as the Bible generally makes known. This is thrilling beyond words.

As my friend Carl Gallups has stated (check out Carl’s new book, The Magic Man in the Sky, available from WorldNetDaily), the single greatest proof of God is…Israel.

That’s why I’m launching a traveling prophecy teaching series this year emphasizing Israel, prophecy, and an overall biblical worldview that teaches people Scripture is sufficient for navigating through life.

Included in this teaching are special programs for youth, who desperately need to know that the God of the Bible is their sole source of peace. The program will also be meant for people from all walks of life: believers, non-believers, and all denominations. I know how to talk to Pentecostals, and I know how to talk to United Methodists.

The teaching will emphasize the basics, and will also be engaging for students of prophecy and the Bible, drawing from my networks and trips to Israel.

If your church would be interested in hosting, let me know at the email addresses below. If you can’t get your church engaged, we have alternate venues to choose from, so let me know that, too.

A friend who has a large speaking ministry recently told me that he won’t speak at a church with less than 500 members. That leaves me dismayed. Our country is full of “small” churches, made up of faithful believers. As a matter of fact—this point itself confirms the prophecies that predict a last-days apostasy—many large churches would host anything but a prophecy conference.

If you want to hear and help your friends and family hear an upbeat message using Bible prophecy, get in touch with me and we will make it happen. You know, a rich irony is that the Power of Positive Thinking’s Robert Schuller has seen the humiliating collapse of his Crystal Cathedral ministry. Schuller built a career out of emphasizing “possibility thinking.”

He would never have hosted a prophecy conference or taught on it. Yet there is nothing more positive than prophecy, for it reveals a God who loves us (Matthew 11:2 and is able to do as He pleases (Isaiah 46:9,10).

Almost no major evangelical figure today in America will even whisper the word prophecy. They will not say “Israel” except in exasperation.

That’s why I’m leaning into it.

There is a growing national conversation going on in which church leaders like Dan Kimball, Scot McKnight, Ed Stetzer and many others are asking, How can we stop the exodus of young people from our churches?

One answer they will never, ever consider is to teach them the marvelous truth of the Bible’s predictive prophecy.

Prophecy Matters’ “God Who Answers by Fire” tour will not rely on old models of teaching prophecy (though I respect them and love the giant personalities who paved the way in the last 40-odd years), nor will we water-down the message, which will consist of the Gospel, then the Gospel, and finally, the Gospel.

As the prophet Elijah knew, and the hapless prophets of Baal learned the hard way, the true God is the God of the Bible. He answered by fire in ancient times, and he is answering by fire today, through the awe-inspiring examples of prophecy fulfilled.

It’s a message whose time has come, for such a time as this.

jim@prophecymatters.com

jim1fletcher@yahoo.com

stevensandiego@ymail.com

Ybic
Steven

Our Facebook page is :

Aug 19, 2013

Does Bibi Have a Plan?

No head-of-state is in it for the vacations, adulation, and various other perks.

(Oh, wait...)

Managing a country, especially one that constantly sits on the edge of danger, is a rollercoaster of stress and gargantuan decisions.

Nowhere is that more evident than in Israel, where Benjamin Netanyahu has enjoyed a relatively stable political base for a few years now; it is his second go-around as prime minister. In 1996, he defeated Shimon Peres by a razor-thin margin, and then was toppled in 1999 by Ehud Barak.

It is interesting to note that political rivalry in Israel is much different than in other countries. For example, in 1976, Peres was the defense minister who initially approved what would become the famous hostage rescue at Entebbe. Barak was the past chief of Sayeret Matkal, Israel’s elite counter-terrorism unit that freed the hostages. Netanyahu was a member of the Unit, as were his brothers; oldest Jonathan led the raid and was killed.

So they have a history.

That is why whatever is going on publicly is probably somewhat different than the behind-the-scenes machinations. It’s true that Peres was also the Israeli architect of the disastrous Oslo Accords. Barak was prepared to give up the Temple Mount, in an effort to appease Bill Clinton and Yasser Arafat. The latter stunned the political genius Clinton by walking away from the negotiating table.

Now, Netanyahu finds himself on the hotseat all the way around for a series of decisions that has, well, made everyone mad at him.

A “painful” decision to release over 100 unrepentant terrorists from Israeli jails has angered the prime minister’s own countrymen. And his famous reluctance to negotiate with the Palestinians has made him an infrequent visitor to the White House. American politicians and diplomats both publicly and privately blame Netanyahu for the failure to bring the Middle East to peace.

He can’t win for losing.

But is he really losing?

Netanyahu was raised on the best kind of Zionism—that espoused by the family patriarch, Benzion. I spent several evenings with the elder Netanyahu in his Jerusalem home, listening to his impassioned (and yes, practical) worldview when it came to Jewish sovereignty in their ancestral homeland. I sat with him at the family dining table, where so many passionate conversations had taken place over the years.

For those who think Bibi has forgotten all that, let me say by way of guessing that I don’t think so.

It is true that releasing 100 murderers is emotionally damaging to the families, and it no doubt angers Israeli troops and counter-intelligence officers who brought them to justice. Remember, these are “pre-Oslo” terrorists, so the significance of their release is met with glee by duplicitous Palestinian negotiators like Saeb Erekat.

And yet…look at what Netanyahu is doing, really. The key thing you must remember is this factoid: there are 500,000 Jews living in the biblical heartland. That is a half-million “settlers” permanently living in the “West Bank,” according to the international community that hates them.

Netanyahu has continued to approve building in the biblical heartland, just as his predecessors did. That’s the only thing that really matters?

All modern Israeli prime ministers have made troubling concessions, including the peerless Menachem Begin.

But they have all been strategic thinkers.

Remember, while we sit in America and moan about this decision or that decision, all those Israeli prime ministers have known their own army intimately. Do not ever underestimate the IDF and its power. They know what they have.

A dear friend of mine recently emailed that her family has moved into a lovely new home in the Golan. Others live in the south, at Efrat. I’ve had Shabbat dinner in their homes and eaten the fruit from the land that has so incredibly been rescued from oblivion and desolation.

All over this remarkable country, Jews live freely. This is an extraordinary moment in history, because for millennia, Jews were not free or welcome. They are in the state of Israel.

If Netanyahu frees prisoners, he is thinking strategically, because he also knows—as his enemies do, on this we can all agree—the West Bank is a fortress for Israel.

It is true that Jewish communities in the captured Sinai were uprooted by Begin and Sharon. It is true that Gaza was evacuated, by Sharon.

But before you Christian Zionists demonize Ariel Sharon, consider this: he was the architect of the settlement of the West Bank. It was Sharon who organized bus tours in the ‘70s and ‘80s, to bring Israelis into the heartland and see the potential. Many of them moved there.

So I do give Israeli prime ministers a pass, usually. I think they know what they are doing.

A recent Israeli poll tells us that almost 80 percent of Israelis do not believe the latest pathetic negotiations will bring peace. Almost 63 percent favored a settlement freeze over the prisoner release, interestingly.

They are united, however, on their own security issues, whether on the right or the left.

One only has to drive through the country, as I have many times, and see what can only be described as a divine security belt. From the Jordan Valley to the sea, from the Golan to Eilat, Jews live and protect the rest of the citizenry from an implacable enemy.

More and more, I feel a need to speak of all this biblically, because it is no accident at all that when an international coalition comes against Israel (as outlined in Zechariah), the IDF will be there. Their God will be there.

Of course, this last view is met with scoffing and derision by the “careful thinkers” in the American church who tell us that those prophecies are past history, metaphor for the Church, or some such other false view.

I don’t care what they think.

What I know is that we were all promised they would come back. They were promised divine protection in their most vulnerable moment. It was said that the whole world would be against them.

Let the Gary Burges of the world really explain this away: that in the very moment in which we find ourselves alive, Israel is back in the land, the object of scorn by the world, and in possession of a fearsome army capable of bringing great violence to her enemies.

There are a half-million Jews living where their ancestors lived. Benjamin Netanyahu is not unaware.

I think he knows what he’s doing.

jim@prophecymatters.com

stevensandiego@ymail.com

Ybic
Steven