Dwarfworld

All things Dwarf discussed here!

Dwarfworld
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
curiousity

What is the cost comparrison on a made for racing quick change to a poor little already used up Toyota rear end? The longevity of the quick change compared to the over stressed Toyota has to have some bearing on racer choice. 200 HP input into a spindly little Toyota at a 10x greater service factor. The cost of the modifications to the Toyota just to get the driveline in the propper place must be knocking on the door of list price of a quick change. Just curious

Re: curiousity

When I spoke with Phil Hayes earlier in the year he told me the cost of one (if you have his floater) would be roughly $800 if I remember correctly. He said his hats,rotors, and axles work in the QC . I could be wrong though. I have really been thinking of going to one.

Re: curiousity

P.s. Id be surprised to see 200hp being transferred into them. I dynoed my zx12 @191hp and 101tq. I usually go through a set of axles a year due to twisting from the tq. I don't think the 1k motors could ever come close to the TQ#'s of the 12 and I'm sure that it's not so much the hp but more the tq that will hurt the 10bolt