Dwarfworld

All things Dwarf discussed here!

Dwarfworld
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: lets get some input

I agree you can never please everyone. And I also agree you can not restructure the rulebook in 5 hours. Im not knocking wsdca by any means . I'm just trying to start a conversation. Would it be nice to have everything in black and white?? You bet,I guess maybe we should go a different route with this and see how it could be done.

I'm all about trying to make things better and if I could be of any help let me know..

Re: lets get some input

There seems to be a misconception with auto tune:
Auto tune is a tool that's takes data while the engine is running, sniffing air/fuel mixture.
The Bazzaz system and Dynojet system are not a closed loop system. Meaning that they do not adjust while sampling data.
Only after the data is downloaded and imported is there a change in the fueling. Just like tire pressure , tire temp readings are used to make changes for the next session. Seat of the pants tuning of the suspension. Changes are made.
If we all had access to a dyno we could tune our engines to the exact requirements /demands they need. So to restate no adjustments can be made to the fueling during operation, no self tuning. Now a Motec, Pectel, Magna Marelli ECU can close loop adjustments. But those cost between 8-10 thousand for just the ECU doesn't include sensors wiring and a programmer to make it all work.
Thanks , Sean