All things Dwarf discussed here!

Dwarfworld
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Reno Re-cap

Leo75
Full containment seats can be purchased new for $600 dollars. I had a sudden stop this year in Elma and I'm glad that I had a full containment seat and head and neck restraint. wasn't sore or anything. And just so everyone knows the seat is an Ultra Shield. Great seat for the dollar.

Leo I have crashed with no neck brace and no full containment seat and I have been fine. It's just how it goes. I remember when I was a kid and race 1/4 midgets. Rolled it hard enough to loose my shoes. I didn't even have a seat just sat on a aluminum floor pan and had a cheap helmet. I walked away fine. I'm not saying that the seat and neck brace wouldn't have helped but how can you say crashing with one would have been better? I guess money isn't really that big of deal to some people but to others it is. And some people will say you can't put a price tag on your life. I can agree but, for some people $600 would not allow them to race for a year. Like I said it's a done deal. I won't ever agree with peoplebeing forced to spend that much money in order to race. Crashing sucks.

Re: Reno Re-cap

I can say I have crashed just like you and with open go karts and I'm lucky I never received a single scratch. I've also taken a little smack against the wall before that made my entire right side sore to the touch and that hit wasn't even enough to bend the wheel. All I was doing is saying that going from full race speed to a sudden stop I'm happy I had my full containment seat and head/neck restraint because I wasn't sore or anything. And your right some people might not be able to race for a year and that sucks and everything but when their family is happy seeing that what they race is trying to help protect them then it should be worth waiting a year. A friend of mine puts it great with helmets area. "Do you have a $100 head or a $2000 head"