Dwarfworld

All things Dwarf discussed here!

Dwarfworld
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Reno Re-cap

Looks good but the biggest thing that I did not see is that in 2016 head restraint rule are mandatory to race. And sell 2010 helmets so that is like 1000 dollars right there to race in 2016 if you don't have those. Also if you have to buy belts this year do your homework on the head restraint you think you might want bc some take 2 inch shoulder straps and not the 3 inch. Not starting anything just want drivers to know so they can start planning for 2016. I think both of theses are great rules but a huge bill at once to get hit with

I purchased the Leatt head and neck restraint which is available at any motorcycle shop. It is a fraction of the cost of a hans or necksgen, and it accepts the 2 inch belts. Since the rule stated 3 inch belts, I went with 3 inch. It works just fine I just make sure the belts are inside the 2 inch opening and tighten them down. Hope this helps as I see cost being a big thing as well, but also whole heartedly agree with the rule changes.

Hey at least they didn't go with the dumb rule of mandatory full containment seats. I already have a nexgen. And yes it was a little on the expensive side, I still don't think that should have been a mandatory rule for 2016. I could see it if it was a sprint car but he'll we race drwarf cars. If you truly want to do something that won't get you hurt then you should probably quit racing cars and start the hobby of checkers or putting together model cars. As far as I'm concerned it's just as bad as the government telling me that I HAVE to wear a seatbelt in my car.But it is what it is.

I have Hans Snell 2010 full containment seat when I flipped like 5 times 15 feet in the air came down upside down on top of K rail never was sore no scratches nothing so you only live.once.Get the best .oh ya and I was in a well built M&M chassis that helped :)

chris8o
Hey at least they didn't go with the dumb rule of mandatory full containment seats. I already have a nexgen. And yes it was a little on the expensive side, I still don't think that should have been a mandatory rule for 2016. I could see it if it was a sprint car but he'll we race drwarf cars. If you truly want to do something that won't get you hurt then you should probably quit racing cars and start the hobby of checkers or putting together model cars. As far as I'm concerned it's just as bad as the government telling me that I HAVE to wear a seatbelt in my car.But it is what it is.

A head and neck restraint would of saved one of our local drivers $60k from neck surgery and would of saved a couple of lives in 2013, so your statements are very uneducated. I think it is the best thing to come out of dwarf car racing yet.Dwarf cars travel at speeds over 100mph and it only takes 4000 Newtons, or 42 mph, to exceed the neck tension threshold for fatal injury. The cars are way faster than they ever have been and I am glad WSDCA put in this rules.

while I agree that they do save lives, I just don't need to be told to have one. if you don't want to get hurt then like I stated do a different hobby. I fully understand that me getting into my car could very well be my last. I accept that. but the rule was passed cant do anything about it. if we are worried about the speed side then maybe we should just slow them down. lets put dirt bike power plants in them. I am sorry for the people who were killed in the cars, that is no good, and im not saying that it couldn't have been prevented but if the speed is what is causing it then why are we not trying to slow them down? kind of seems backwards. mark my words, someone will still get hurt using these and what will be next?, $2000 seats? its a downward slope that is called racing and injuries. people get hurt cars are fast and it is what it is. that's what makes it amazing to watch. not trying to get people fired up but just expressing my personal opinion. I cant change the rule. I already have one been using it for a year. do I think I needed one? not at all. but someone bought it for me and Im not going to turn it down. would I ever had purchased one? most likely not. they are all now with in $600. that is a set of tires. so in my thought process tires over neck restraint. but again I have never seen someone die or get hurt that bad. I can only speak for what I have seen and what I think.

Full containment seats can be purchased new for $600 dollars. I had a sudden stop this year in Elma and I'm glad that I had a full containment seat and head and neck restraint. wasn't sore or anything. And just so everyone knows the seat is an Ultra Shield. Great seat for the dollar.

Leo75
Full containment seats can be purchased new for $600 dollars. I had a sudden stop this year in Elma and I'm glad that I had a full containment seat and head and neck restraint. wasn't sore or anything. And just so everyone knows the seat is an Ultra Shield. Great seat for the dollar.

Leo I have crashed with no neck brace and no full containment seat and I have been fine. It's just how it goes. I remember when I was a kid and race 1/4 midgets. Rolled it hard enough to loose my shoes. I didn't even have a seat just sat on a aluminum floor pan and had a cheap helmet. I walked away fine. I'm not saying that the seat and neck brace wouldn't have helped but how can you say crashing with one would have been better? I guess money isn't really that big of deal to some people but to others it is. And some people will say you can't put a price tag on your life. I can agree but, for some people $600 would not allow them to race for a year. Like I said it's a done deal. I won't ever agree with peoplebeing forced to spend that much money in order to race. Crashing sucks.

I can say I have crashed just like you and with open go karts and I'm lucky I never received a single scratch. I've also taken a little smack against the wall before that made my entire right side sore to the touch and that hit wasn't even enough to bend the wheel. All I was doing is saying that going from full race speed to a sudden stop I'm happy I had my full containment seat and head/neck restraint because I wasn't sore or anything. And your right some people might not be able to race for a year and that sucks and everything but when their family is happy seeing that what they race is trying to help protect them then it should be worth waiting a year. A friend of mine puts it great with helmets area. "Do you have a $100 head or a $2000 head"