All things Dwarf discussed here!

Dwarfworld
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: V-Twins

Chris,
I agree that the Ducati would be an interesting engine to try. Jim Perry Jr. rides a Ducati and I know he spent a lot of time with it on the Dyno and with a little work he is getting monster numbers out of the bike. The power to weight ratio is way up.
Lets see, a 1000 CC Ducati engine has about 70% of the weight of the 1000 GSX-R. while we have a minimum weight, getting that mc weight off of the front isn't a bad thing.

Ducati had crossed my mind too. Here on the coast you see so few of them, and those guys really get hot when they stagger out of Elmer's and the motor is AWOL from their motor scooter. Just kidding, that crowd doesn't go to Elmer's. Point being, the supply of unattended Ducati engines may be low to begin with. What a piece of machinery they are though. That would be very "Unconventional", just how I like it. Last time i looked, I think a Ducati would fly in CDCRA rules. Would hate to limit myself to those tracks. The RC51 is looking better all the time, or maybe the Suzuki. Just have to get used to the fun. All about the fun baby.

We tried a TL1000R 6 years ago because the torque numbers were so impressive. It wasn't very impressive at all in the car. HP wasn't there and it wouldn't keep up with the GSXR cars.

The more I think about it .. The more I think I'll save the V-Twin idea for the golf cart .. It sure would sound good coming out of turn 4 though.