Return to Website

Dancing Goddess Circle

Welcome!

This is a forum for people who have come together through Dancing Goddess Dolls. We all have a little (or a lot!) in common, so this could be a fun and informative community. Grab a cuppa and come and chat!

~Kelli

Dancing Goddess Circle
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Introduction

Hello Everyone!

My name is Alicia-Marie; I am also known as Nika by friends and some relatives. I am 26, soon to be 27 this February, which makes me Aquarius. Actually, my father, mother, and brother are also Aquarius, which makes life...interesting :).

I have lived in Salem--located in southeastern Connecticut--for most of my life, except my college years, when I attended Johnson State College in north-central Vermont, about an hour northeast of Burlington. I graduated with a BA in Political Science, minor in Journalism.

About a year before graduation, the college added a new major: BS in Alternative Medicine. Because of an interst in that field, I started taking classes, and to make the long story short, I am now a Licensed Massage Therapist, Usui Reiki Master, and Labor Doula. I have my own practice as well. I know that all people have within them the ability to reconnect with their body, mind, and soul wisdoms.

Now my Goddess path started as a child. My great-grandfather hailed from Pine Ridge Reservation and was an major part of my life until I was 18, when he died. By no means I am saying that he was this great shaman, that he trained me. He was a man who had a deep love and respect for the Earth Mother and all relations. He taught me that love, intergrity, and respect for all beings was essential, that all beings walked their own path. I remember his stories about White Buffalo Woman.

My maternal grandmother was of Irish and Scotish origins. She cloaked her beliefs within a Catholic framework. She had a love and respect for the fae and Brighid, which she, in turn, passed to me. I am surrounded by them.

Trust me, I can continue on a long rant in regards to my family; however, the relatives I have already mentioned so far have had a big impact on me. They set the examples, but I walk my own path surrounded by a myraid of beings: Morgaine Le Fey and Brighid, my patrons; wolves, snakes, seals, eagles, my animal guides; many, many fae, particularly selchies; ancestors; much, much more.

I love reading, writing poetry, being outdoors, especially in cold weather, and music. I am intuitively curious and love asking questions.

So before I get too carried away, I will post this message. Me in a nutshell.

Alicia