Return to Website

Dancing Goddess Circle

Welcome!

This is a forum for people who have come together through Dancing Goddess Dolls. We all have a little (or a lot!) in common, so this could be a fun and informative community. Grab a cuppa and come and chat!

~Kelli

Dancing Goddess Circle
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Travel Altars & Holistic Health Bags

Good Morning All !!! I hope everyone had a good Samhain. We a nice time, a small group for ritual & such. I wondering if any of you have made either a Travel Altar, or a Goddess Bag (Holistic Health Kit).

If so, what did you put into them? I have a H.H. Kit, but it's too large to be practical to haul around in my car. It's in a plastic container, larger than a shoebox. And contains all sorts of stuff, both holistic and not. I'm considering making a smaller bag of just a few essential items. Any sugestions as to what to put inside it? I'd be interested in items in a travel altar too. Thanks in advance.

Linda R.

Re: Travel Altars & Holistic Health Bags

Hi --- here are a few ideas I have I didn't add to my post yesterday.

white sage
incense
a tealight candle
matches
tea tree oil or soap
lavendar oil or aloevera gel
energy foods
claming herbal teas
botteled water
gem stones.

There are plenty other things you can add to this.
Post them them if you'd like.

Linda R.

Re: Travel Altars & Holistic Health Bags

Hi, Linda!

The main two things I carry with me for health stuff are Rescue Remedy and Arnica (both pellet and gel). If I am traveling out of town, I also add lavender essential oil (amazing for burns!). I also make sure there's a pack of unscented baby wipes in the car - these can come in handy for SOOOO many things! That doesn't sound too Goddess-y, does it? LOL!

I think travel altars should be pretty simple, with small items for each of the elements wrapped in some sort of fabric as an altar cloth and that's about it. Some ideas are: a small candle, a small abalone shell, bell, feather, tiny wooden bowl (I find these for Waldorf doll houses), a piece of white sage, maybe a small mirror (you can find tiny ones in craft stores).

Let us know what you come up with in the end, Linda! :)

~Kelli