Return to Website

Dancing Goddess Circle

Welcome!

This is a forum for people who have come together through Dancing Goddess Dolls. We all have a little (or a lot!) in common, so this could be a fun and informative community. Grab a cuppa and come and chat!

~Kelli

Dancing Goddess Circle
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Circles in real life?

So how many of you participate in some sort of women's circle? I used to organize, run, and sometimes just participate in Circles for years, and I really miss it. Where I live now it's very Christian conservative (this is just a tradeoff for rural living, I think), and there just doesn't seem to be ANY sort of spiritual group thing available to me here (even if I tried to start one - I'd actually be a little nervous, I think, advertising our non-Christian status here).

Please share your experiences here - at least I can live vicariously through all of you, lol.
~K

Re: Circles in real life?

Okay... I tried repeatedly to send this yesterday, so hope it will send now:

*cries* it just lot the first post I wrote!!! wow, modern technology is really sent to test us!

well.. i dont know about a women's circle exactly, but I am connected to a group of women (womanspiritrising) that arrange events for all the main festivals. They also arrange other things such as talks/slide-shows on various pagan/goddes issues, or paintinf exhibitions (such as Monica Sjoo's work). All the rituals are women only, but there is also space for mixed genders at some of the talks etc, although the reality is that it is still largely women!

I was thinking of finding a women's group that meet more regularly, however I was gonna wait until my moods stablise a bit more. It was my Grandad's funeral, and it was a very emotional time. But I also got to meet all my extended family that I didnt really know (why do people only make an effort to get together on such sad occassions?!), and it made me think about all the wonderful women I have just within my own family. What better than first starting with creating a close women's circle of all my female relations?!

- Kate
xxx

btw Kelli, Rhiannon doll was right up there at the front of the chapel for the whole of the funeral!

I live in the south, and there is allot of Christianity around here, but I've found a group of woman via a class I took; in which we all have a common interest in the Goddess. We live an hour to an hour & 1/2 from each other. But we still get together when we can for circle on the Sabbats & such. If not, my husband will join me under a full moon. I've got cousins & a good freind visiting in July, we'll do at least one circle together while they are all here.
It's not the best, but it's all I have right now.
Blesings,

Lin

Hi there --

Well, I don't have a women's circle as such (though I'd love to start one or be a part of one at some point!) but I do teach twice a week in other circles.

The first is one where I help out -- mainly meditation, but sometimes healing and psychic development too. It's run by some friends of mine.

The other group is a weekly course that my High Priest and I run together; it's a year-long introduction to the Craft entitled "Discovering Witchcraft" and we have about five attendees this year. It keeps me very busy!

Blessings,

Heathwitch