Return to Website

Dancing Goddess Circle

Welcome!

This is a forum for people who have come together through Dancing Goddess Dolls. We all have a little (or a lot!) in common, so this could be a fun and informative community. Grab a cuppa and come and chat!

~Kelli

Dancing Goddess Circle
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Summer Season Table Ideas?

Most of you know how hopeless I am with the season of Summer. I am a whiz at making season tables/altars for the other seasons, but my Summer tables, quite frankly, suck. Please share your ideas for decorating for this season here! I need help!
~Kelli

Re: Summer Season Table Ideas?

As things bloom in your yard or garden, make an arrangement. Float a peony in a bowl of water, fill a vase with irises, or make a daisy chain. Keep it simple; keep it natural.

Suncatchers are always good in the summer. A pail and shovel reflect the season, and since they are so connected with land and sea, they can represent both the God and the Goddess. Garden picks come in a wide veriety of shapes. Pick one to represent verious symbols, elements, or Goddesses (a pinwheel can be used for air). Use citranella candles for the elments. A red and white picnic cloth would make a great altar cloth.

Now I want to go an decorate my own altar!

Some excellent ideas, Lesa! I totally love the idea of using a checked picnic cloth as an altar cloth! And the shovel and pail as elementals is inspired! Even *I'm* almost ready to dive in to the redecorating!

Glad to see you here, Lesa!
~K

I always find myself drawn to the color yellow for summer, also ocean imagery (since summertime is great at the beach!) so I use shells, glass, natural colored rocks. I also like to use wheat or other dried grasses. Where I am, summers are pretty dry. Light blue sky, dry rustling grass... I also like to honor fiery, fiesty sex and love goddesses in the summer, so I end up with lots of juicy fruit and lingam/yoni symbolism. Lots of suns too! hope this helps :)
Allison

Honoring the sea is a nice idea, too, Allison. It would be a good time for me to do that, since I miss it so much.

Hmmm...now what will I do?
Maybe picnics by the sea, lol

~K

I always think of garden things. Sunflowers are a big summer thing for me. BIG flowers, orange, yellow, red, anything representing the sun. Bowls of garden dirt, Lugh and all the shining lights and heat of the season :) Mermaids! Beach stuff, shells :)

;)
Selena