Return to Website

Dancing Goddess Circle

Welcome!

This is a forum for people who have come together through Dancing Goddess Dolls. We all have a little (or a lot!) in common, so this could be a fun and informative community. Grab a cuppa and come and chat!

~Kelli

Dancing Goddess Circle
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Kelli's Introduction

Bright Blessings, Friends!

Most of you know a little about me, but just to get the ball rolling. . .

I'm Kelli! I live in a tiny town of 200 or so people in the High Sierras, middle-of-nowhere-blessedly-quiet-and-clean-pine-forest. Okay, well, the population balloons to about 1400 during the summer months when the vacation homes fill up. Crazy times.

I'm married to my best friend, whom I've been with almost constantly since I was 15 years old. (Awwww, highschool sweethearts.) We have two kids right now, Rhanna, who is 8.5, and Thane, who is 3.5, and #3 is on the way, due at the beginning of Winter this year. Very exciting! Both Rhanna and Thane were born at home, as this one will be. Parenting issues like Attachment Parenting, extended breastfeeding, child-led weaning, family bed, baby-wearing, and all the related issues (there are many, lol. those of you in this world know the laundry list) are all very important to me. We are unschooling, too, which touches on my passion for children's rights to equality within the family unit (and within society, of course, but it all starts at home). I suppose the TCS philosophy has influenced me pretty greatly.

And of course it's pretty obvious that I'm a Pagan. I've been very dedicated to the Goddess and nature spirituality for 17-18 years now. I feel so fortunate to be sharing the Goddess traditions with my growing family. I spent about 10 years teaching Wicca 101 classes, both out of my home and over the internet, and I was blessed to participate in those with over 500 people over that decade. If asked to pinpoint what type of Pagan I am, I'd probably say I'm basically a Cunninghamonian ( ), since Scott Cunningham was my biggest influence in the early years. I tend not to call myself a Wiccan any longer, though, since it has seemed to become very commercialized in recent years, with all the marketing to teens, etc. That really turns me off. Don't get me started! (Or do, if you want, lol! Watch me go! I'm (in)famous for ranting. . .)

So I guess that's about it! I obviously love research and learning, and would consider myself an autodidact. I'm an avid reader. I was an English major and did my graduate work with an emphasis on Arthurian Legend (I ended up leaving school three classes shy of the MA, though, for a variety of reasons). I love cats. Our family follows, as closely as we practically can, the Nourishing Traditions "lifestyle" of eating. I've been quilting for about 8 years, and dollmaking for about 3. I am a huge Xena fan (season 5 was my favorite - wanna argue about that?? lol), but Northern Exposure was the best show ever shown on television. I couldn't possibly choose a favorite book or even author. I view my mothering choices as a political act. I hate to do dishes. I love cold weather, and am actually summer-phobic, I think. I wish it was snowy all year long. I am a native Californian, but I've lived on the coast my entire life until moving to the mountains about 3 years ago.

Okay, that should be enough! I must leave SOME secrets. . .
Many Blessings,
~Kelli

Re: Kelli's Introduction

Hey there, Kelli! I tried emailing you back a while back, but I seem to be having a lot of problems with that acct, grrrr...

I am so glad to see that you started this forum! What a wonderful idea. :)
And I am so happy to hear about your new little one on the way!!! What a lucky baby. ;)

CONGRATS!!!!

Hi Sabrina!

Wow, great to see you here, Sabrina! One of my first customers and new friends through the dolls - how appropriate! Post your own intro so this isn't all about me!

And thanks for the well-baby-wishes! We are so excited. Especially the kids - they talk to the baby constantly throughout the day and love to hug and kiss my belly. It's wonderful. We're calling the baby Archer right now, since s/he will be a Sagittarius (yay!).

I hope you get that email account fixed soon - weren't you having trouble with that last year too??
I still have this knitting needle case here if you want it!
~K

Hi Kelli! it's great to hear more about the you (the doll goddess :) I've so enjoyed seeing your work and seeing how the goddess can inspire us all in individual ways.
I am also very interested in what you wrote about your childraising techniques. My sis is having a baby and I plan on it in the next two years. I am getting married on march 10th! yikes! it is so close! but I'm really looking forward to sharing that special ritual with all my friends and family.
anyway, thanks for making the forum :)
Allison

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage, Allison! Although March 10th is like almost a year away, lol. My best advice about wedding planning is just to remember that the wedding is only a couple hours of your life, and not really worth stressing over - it's the MARRIAGE itself that's important! Just treat your wedding like a party and have a blast!

Parenting stuff is my most favorite thing to talk about, so feel free to open up new topics on that if you have specific areas of interest! :D
~K

hehehehe, oops! I'm getting married on June 10th! only a month away! looks like all this wedding planning has rotted my brain, heheheh

Hi Kelly! Jennifer here. Glad that you started this site. Love your products....

Plan on ordering a doll here soon (I need the Goddess of War / Warrior - I am headed overseas for the Army. That, or a Goddess of Strength and Determination - )....

Glad to read about the person you are. I too, am summer phobic, ha ha. I love the fall. I am a Michgainian and miss the snow that Michigan got after the 1st of the year....LOVE the fall and sitting by the fire (outside),wrapped in my woolen cloak enjoying a glass of wine with someone special. I very much would like to live on the water or darn near it, without a ton of people. I like the quiet you probably have in your mountains, and love that kind of privacy...the deaffening (sp?) sound of silence. I love the sound of the water on the shore as well.

Anyway, hi!

Hey, I'm not the only one! How cool! (haha puns)
Most people think I'm nuts for not liking summer. Since I grew up on the CA coast, I am used to foggy, cold summers (we always laughed at the freezing tourists in Monterey in their summer clothes - summer is when you get out the sweatshirts and pump up the woodstove!). And I have a thing for water, too, even though I am a fire sun sign. This is the farthest I've ever lived from the ocean, and I started thinking this winter that maybe the reason I love the snow so much is because I need to be surrounded by water. If I can't have fog and sea, I guess snow will have to do! :)

Anyway, welcome to the board Jennifer!