The Alternative Science Physics Forum

New Alternative Theories Physics...

The Alternative Science Physics Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Proposal for New Michelson-Morley Experiment

In a forum, someone write, "the number of waves that enter both faces of the prism is equal". When light waves of a star come from just above, pointed out may be right. But when light waves come from a diagonal direction, the number of waves that enter both faces of the prism may not be equal.

i add, this experiment must be done in the vacuum of the outer space (such as moon's surface). It's because of the effect "extinction" of the air (about the rest, please see my web-site).

i am very sorry. This "proposal with prism" seems to be invalid. Reason is as follows. The number of light waves that reach optional two points of the face of the prism (per unit time) may be the same always. It's unrelated whether prism moves or is at a stand-still (relative to the light rays). i made mistake on such a simple logic. Alas !

As compensation for it, i show my question on M-M experiment below (it's written in other thread of this forum).
In a book "Teoria della relativita" By W.Pauli 1970, it's written as follows. "From view point of an observer who moves with moving medium, light must be considered that it's propagated (always and to every direction) at the speed of c/n in this medium" (translated from Japanese edition). In the air, it may be the same. Why it's not an explanation for M-M experiment ? For what reason ?

In a book "Special Relativity" By French, A.P. 1971, it's written that the air 0.1mm thick is enough to extinguish the memory of light source's motion. The notion of extinction seems to be about light speed (in the medium). In a forum (in English), i was shown a web-site below. See a heading "Optical Extinction".
http://www.edu-observatory.org/physics-faq/Relativity/SR/experiments.html

In a book, it's as follows. Direction of propagation of electromagnetic wave and flow of energy is the same. Energy is a vector quantity. If so, when the prism (in the outer space) is pointed at the direction from where plane waves of a star light are coming, value of energy that enter both faces of the prism will be different generally. And when the prism is turned on the direction of light path, it will be renewal of the M-M experiment.