Return to Website

The Alternative Science Physics Forum

New Alternative Theories Physics...

The Alternative Science Physics Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A Few Articles On The Conversion of Energy Into Matter

I recently read an article on the net about the conversion of energy into matter. An experiment at Stanford University was accomplished at S.L.A.C. (short for Stanford Linear Accelerator Center). Michael Pidwirny, the guy who wrote it claimed that it might one day be a useful means of teleportation like in Star Trek. Here is a direct quote from him:

"In 1998 researchers at Stanford University's Linear Accelerator Center successfully converted energy into matter. This feat was accomplished by using lasers and incredibly strong electromagnetic fields to change ordinary light into matter. The results of this experiment may allow for the development of variety of technological gadgets. One such development could be matter/energy transporters or food replicators that are commonly seen in some of our favorite science fiction programs."

Here is the website:

http://www.physicalgeography.net/fundamentals/6a.html

Here are some links to SLAC's statements released to various publications concerning the experiment:

http://www.slac.stanford.edu/exp/e144/nytimes.html

http://www.slac.stanford.edu/exp/e144/science1202.html

Teleportation has already been accomplished by teleporting a photon's properties, however, not the actual photon itself. For more information, check out the following website:

http://www.aip.org/physnews/graphics/html/teleport.htm

Personally, I don't think that there will ever be a conventional use for converting energy into matter because of the amount of energy contained in one human being. Think about it: if one human can produce thousands of hiroshimas bombs, then you would need thousands of atom bombs worth of energy to create a turkey sandwich. That just doesn't seem practical to me. If that amount of energy were to be released when turning a man into energy, well let's just say there wouldn't be much left of anything for a few thousand miles!

In any conversion of matter, some energy is inevitably lost. If the mass of a person is converted into energy in an uncontrolled way, that is, colliding it with a very large amount of antimatter, it will destroy every proton, neutron and electron in your body.

But let's play with this thought experiment for now. The atoms that compose our bodies are replaced every (7 years?), I've heard (I don't pretend to know the exact figure, but it seems reasonable). If this is the case, then after 7 years, you are physically completely different than you were at the beginning of the 7 year period. Then, in introspect, I realize to myself that I have a continuity of experiences, at least, my stream of consciousness is not noticeably interrupted.

Now imagine for the sake of arugment that teleportation were to be accomplish by converting a person into energy and you had the technology to reverse the process. In addition, you send the information along with the energy.

The question is, would the person survive the procedure, or would the individual cease to exist and be replaced with a replica, who was literally born into existence once the energy was reconverted back into matter with the information? What does everybody else thinks? (Note: I know this question sounds a bit philosophical but I'd be very interested in everyones' opinion anyway.)

Whitestar

Re: A Few Articles On The Conversion of Energy Into Matter

I have my own view of this type of teleportation by using injected photon energy into a 3D hologram that makes a human form siritual level particles to physical level particles. The 3D hologram process can convert 2D images of a person into a 3D hologram. Theoretically if sufficient photon energy is applied to the 3D hologram, the field of particles making the hologram, should materialize into a more solid state.

The particles used in the Smart Model 3D hologram teleportation device would include a protein gel solution that makes the overall properties of a human being. These molecular compounds should attach naturally into the correct 3D hologram field structure. The spirit particle field ( sub_4 - particle should attach naturally, producing a near duplicate person. But the original person would still remain at a fixed location, but his Astral Projection field would move to that location in his other physical body at that location. Then they just reverse that process to return him to his other original location. His original body would be like in a state of suspended animation, while his other body moves throught another particle field.

But this process needs more experimentation. I would like to resurrect the dead by this process. Right before the soul of a person leaves it can be transported to anouthe 3D hologram body, which solidifies with additional photon energy applied to the 3D hologram fields.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I recently read an article on the net about the conversion of energy into matter. An experiment at Stanford University was accomplished at S.L.A.C. (short for Stanford Linear Accelerator Center). Michael Pidwirny, the guy who wrote it claimed that it might one day be a useful means of teleportation like in Star Trek. Here is a direct quote from him:

"In 1998 researchers at Stanford University's Linear Accelerator Center successfully converted energy into matter. This feat was accomplished by using lasers and incredibly strong electromagnetic fields to change ordinary light into matter. The results of this experiment may allow for the development of variety of technological gadgets. One such development could be matter/energy transporters or food replicators that are commonly seen in some of our favorite science fiction programs."

Here is the website:

http://www.physicalgeography.net/fundamentals/6a.html

Here are some links to SLAC's statements released to various publications concerning the experiment:

http://www.slac.stanford.edu/exp/e144/nytimes.html

http://www.slac.stanford.edu/exp/e144/science1202.html

Teleportation has already been accomplished by teleporting a photon's properties, however, not the actual photon itself. For more information, check out the following website:

http://www.aip.org/physnews/graphics/html/teleport.htm

Personally, I don't think that there will ever be a conventional use for converting energy into matter because of the amount of energy contained in one human being. Think about it: if one human can produce thousands of hiroshimas bombs, then you would need thousands of atom bombs worth of energy to create a turkey sandwich. That just doesn't seem practical to me. If that amount of energy were to be released when turning a man into energy, well let's just say there wouldn't be much left of anything for a few thousand miles!

In any conversion of matter, some energy is inevitably lost. If the mass of a person is converted into energy in an uncontrolled way, that is, colliding it with a very large amount of antimatter, it will destroy every proton, neutron and electron in your body.

But let's play with this thought experiment for now. The atoms that compose our bodies are replaced every (7 years?), I've heard (I don't pretend to know the exact figure, but it seems reasonable). If this is the case, then after 7 years, you are physically completely different than you were at the beginning of the 7 year period. Then, in introspect, I realize to myself that I have a continuity of experiences, at least, my stream of consciousness is not noticeably interrupted.

Now imagine for the sake of arugment that teleportation were to be accomplish by converting a person into energy and you had the technology to reverse the process. In addition, you send the information along with the energy.

The question is, would the person survive the procedure, or would the individual cease to exist and be replaced with a replica, who was literally born into existence once the energy was reconverted back into matter with the information? What does everybody else thinks? (Note: I know this question sounds a bit philosophical but I'd be very interested in everyones' opinion anyway.)

Whitestar