Return to Website

Stepp Cemetery Forum

Welcome to the Stepp Cemetery Forum. We invite you to post your questions, comments, or experiences concerning Stepp Cemetery or the paranormal in general. Please use this service with courtesy.  -- AAARC

Stepp Cemetery Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Did the Crabbites really exist as a cult?

Many legents of Stepp Cemetery invariably mention a cult termed the "Crabbites" that supposedly enganged in snake handling, orgies and other ritualistic practices. However, I havn't been able to find any mention of the Crabbites in any context other than in discussion of Stepp Cemetery. Is anyone aware of other information which shows that this sect might have existed at one time?

Re: Did the Crabbites really exist as a cult?

Hi Chad,

I have only heard brief mention of the Crabbites, but I cannot recall any connection they might have had with the area around Stepp. Perhaps a visit to the Monroe County Historical Society would reveal any local history regarding this group?

-- Lynn Taylor

Re: Re: Did the Crabbites really exist as a cult?

Yes!this was in fact a real church.It was located very close to Stepp Cemetary and was standing in the early to mid 1800's.They were a cult who practiced snake handling and sex orgies.I was told that the park rangers and local law enforcement shut the church down in the late 1800's then tore it down so noone could meet there anymore.

Re: Re: Re: Did the Crabbites really exist as a cult?

I have never heard mention of this. How do you know this information? Has it been fact-checked, or are you going on something you heard? If the latter is the case, then it is likely untrue.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Did the Crabbites really exist as a cult?

yes this story is true,but the woman in the black cloak was a member of the cult , yes she lost her only child and still searches for it . you can see her and hear cries in the cemetary. but if you approach it just poofs into a fog. me and my sister and brother went there many years ago to "spook"ourselves and it happened. doubtful? go see for yourself. happy haunting

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I have never heard mention of this. How do you know this information? Has it been fact-checked, or are you going on something you heard? If the latter is the case, then it is likely untrue.

Re: Did the Crabbites really exist as a cult?

my fried was sorounded by the cult and almost killed i do beleive there is one out there.