RK Digest

Welcome to the RK Digest Forum dedicated to the Holy Trio

Unfortunately, due to heavy SPAM, we have been obliged to LOCK this forum.
If you wish to post a message, send email to internetaction@yahoo.com and we will post it for you.

RK Digest
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Ramakrishna Mission President Swami Atmasthanandaji Maharaj passed away

Ramakrishna Mission President Swami Atmasthanandaji Maharaj passed away
He is a personal loss for me said, Modi

Ramakrishna Mission and Ramakrishna Math President Swami Atmasthanandaji Maharaj [98] has passed away on Sunday at the place of Kolkata hospital after a prolonged illness.

Due to this incident, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has told, “The Demise of Swami Atmasthanandaji is a personal loss for me. I lived with him during a significant period of my life”.

At the young age, the Prime Minister had got a spiritual guidance from the monk, who passed away at the age of 98. He had been undergoing treatment for age-related health issues since February 2015.

According to the statement of Ramakrishna Math and Ramakrishna Mission, Belur Math, “Despite the best medical attention, his condition deteriorated over the last few days, and he passed away around the 5.30 PM today at the Ramakrishna Mission Seva pratishthan hospital”.

The cremation will get the place at the Belur Math tomorrow at 9.30 pm. The gates of Belur Math would remain open tonight and tomorrow till the last rites have completed.

When he was a young boy, PM Modi had visited the Belur Math to join the Order, but his request has turned down, and he has told that his calling was away. Later, he received spiritual guidance from Swami Atmasthananda in Rajkot, Gujarat.

Modi said “He is a Personal Loss For Me”

Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, who has spent a visit to the weak monk earlier in the afternoon, also condoled the death of the monk, reporting his passing away as “an irreparable loss to the mankind.”

“Saddened that Rev. Swami Atmasthanandaji, President, Ramakrishna Math & Mission passed away today at Seva Pratishthan #Kolkata,” she tweeted.
As per Ms. Banerjee, “I paid my last visit to him this afternoon. It is a life of outstanding social & religious service. It is an irreparable loss to humanity”.

Atmasthanandaji, born in May 1919, at Sabajpur, near Dhaka, now in Bangladesh, had received “Mantra Diksha” from Swami Vijnananandaji Maharaj (a monastic disciple of Ramakrishna) in 1938 and joined the Ramakrishna Order at Belur Math in January 1941 at the age of 22. He has elected president of the Ramakrishna Math and Ramakrishna Mission in December 2007.

Swami Atmasthanandaji had traveled extensively all over the country and abroad and visited several branches of the Order and some unaffiliated centers increasing the messages of Ramakrishna, Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda, and Vedanta, also providing ‘Mantra Diksha‘ to disciples.

He was one of the famous persons to organize the Pallimangal (integrated rural development) activities in Kamarpukur and Jayrambati, a youth training center at Saradapitha (Belur) and many other social service programs.