General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Ricketts affair!

from Non-league newspaper:

Nationwide Conference National club Tamworth’s hopes of signing highly-rated striker Gary Ricketts from Nationwide North side Hucknall Town appear to have been dashed.

Lambs boss Mark Cooper was hoping to bring the 29-year-old on board in time for Saturday’s game against Carlisle United, but in what has become a three-way tug of war, rivals Northwich Victoria and Nationwide North side Stafford Rangers, now look to be ahead of Tamworth in the chase for the former Hinckley United and Arnold Town man.

Clubs were alerted to Ricketts’ possible availability last week when Hucknall were forced to trim their wage budget.

However, both Northwich and Stafford are prepared to offer cash up front for Ricketts (pictured), something the Lambs won’t do because of their rigid no transfer fee policy.

In other news, Barry Miller has signed for Burton.

Re: The Ricketts affair!

Ricco's goin' nowhere if you read Mr C's post Ref. I'm more inclined to believe Brian rather than press speculation when it comes to HTFC issues.

I agree Frankie, but I thought it was interesting to see the full story and the clubs involved, which wasn't made clear in the statement. Can't believe that Stafford had the cheek to bid for Gary - what would be the point in such a move??!!

Let's hope the transfer speculation has died down now, I can't cope with the thought of losing our best players

Good news for Burton though, Miller should strengthen their defence nicely, making it harder for Northwich to overtake them in the league