Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
THE MYSTERY OF PROFESSOR DONALD LEVIN

University of Chicago Professor Donald Levineis meeting with CUD leaders at the Kaliti Prison now, prison sources told DGAF News Network. The distinguished sociology professor and expert on Ethiopian affairs held meetings with government officials earlier

... ER Jan 31, 3:42 AM EST

Dear Ethiopian Review,

It is interesting that the famous sociologist Professor Donald Levin is visiting the opposition leaders at Kalititi, Melese Zenawi's Prison.It is interesting at least for me who heared his briefing in Jerusalem Hebrew Union College on Jan.22.2006.

He was not kind to the CUD leaders in Jerusalem.He was especially hard on the leadership of Engineer Hailu Shawel.In fact according to the understanding of Professor Donald Levin Engineer Hailu Shawel is the one who is responsible of the existing political turmoil.

Professor Donald Levin believes that the political turmoil in Ethiopia is the direct responsibilty of the opposition leaders.The opposition leaders would have taken their parliamentary seats and saved the life of their supporters and friends.Parallel to the Ethiopian rig and fraud during the election he mentioned the Bush and Al Gore campaign.Irrespective of all irregularities Al Gore took the defeat and Bush became the winner.This should be the principle of democracy.

If that is the case I do not understand why Professor Donald wanted to visit the opposition leaders?He is not siding the stand of the opposition leadres.Rather he believes the solution of the Ethiopians is in the hand of Melese Zenawi for he is the progessive and more reasonable than those in prison.If that is the case what is the ulterior motive of the visit of the victimes of Melese Zenawi?

I am a simple person who is not famous in sociology.I did not write sociological books which are text of the universities.I do not have international status as Professor Donald Levin.But I am really puzzeled by the elites of the 21st century who have multiple faces.In Jerusalem they are against the opposition and seem supporters of the victims in Ethiopia.

I have a problem to understand Professor Donald Levin.If you have the answer please forward it to me.What is the game people are playing?I am not having the courage to comdemn those people who are being terrorised by the brutal regime of Melese Zenawi.I am sure if they get the opportunity of Professor Donald Levin and dictator Melese Zenawi they are able to defend their stand and give worthwhile lecture.

Thank you.
Aghere,Jerusalem,Israel

Email: aghere@yahoo.com

City: Jerusalem