Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Ethiopians are kenategnoch_Professor Donald Levin

THE ETHIOPIANS ARE KENATEGNA -Professor Donald Levin
Dear readers,
This is the puzzling situation all over the world.We hear the so called civilized nations speaking about democracy and human rights.But in reality they themselves are against human rights and democracy.Human rights and democracy is only defined by the so called the G8 nations.Any thing that is independent is against the west.Any thing that is free is agianst the west.The west is again out to the world just to colonise..
This is not which I want to share.On 22/01/06 I had the opportunity to hear Professor Donald Levin who is known among the Ethiopian intellectuals.He os the author of “Wax and Gold”.He is a sociologist.He thinks that he ca read the mind of all Ethiopians.He believes that he knows the spiritual and psycological set up of the Ethiopians.He gave the lecture in Jerusalem,Hebrew Union College.
He was giving a brief introduction of the political situations and history of Ethiopia since Emporer Hailesilasie.He was underestimating the coup of Germame and Mengistu Neway.This coup ploters instead of trying to remove the King they could have shared to the King the need of change.They could have saved their lives and the lives of their friends being cooperative with the King..The participants of the discussion told professor Donald Levin of the danger of suggesting to the king of the need of change..This professor said the worst thing that could have happened was imprisonment and they could have survived abd saved their friends. .
Professor Donald said in the same way this logical weakness showed the present leadership of Kinijit.They wanted to change the government of Melese Zenawi and they ended up in prison.If they could have been intelligent they could have taken their seat in the parliament and bring change and they could have saved the lives of many young people.He added,Professor Donald Levin,the opposition party leaders did what they did is because of kinat.I am using the word kinat because he used it repeatedly in his briefing.I am sure the kinijit people are not to be coined with this abusing word .They are people who are able to live with a better life with the status and profession they have.I do not know why this intellectual of the 21st centuery and who claims that he is well versed in the situation of Ethiiopia dare to coin these opposition leaders as kenategna.
He is hard on Engineer Hailu Shawl.He said it is Hailu Shawl who led the people to go to such political turmoil.The majority of the Kinjit parliamentarians ,Professor Donald Levin said,were willing to take their seat in the parliament. He added that it is Engineer Hailu Shawl who has forced the parliamentarians not enter the parliament.The participants opposed his idea but to no avail.
Professor Donald was asked about the USA involvement in the Ethiopian situation.He said USA has nothing to do with the problem.Any African,especially Ethiopians,make the west scapegoats for their failurs.It is your problem and you have to solve it yourself..It is true it is the responsibility of the Ethiopians to find solutions of the problem of Ethiopians but Professor Donald Levin has forgotten that it is the money of USA and Britain that helped Melese Zenawi to be dictator.It is the USA tanks and weapons that are being used to oppress the Ethiopians.It is the training of Britain of the Federal Police that made Melese Zenawi to be arrogant and commit atrocity.Professor is saying that he is well versed about the situation.But I do not know what kind of spectacles he wore when he observed the situation.
He added you Ethiopians instead of solving your problem through dialogue you want to be Shifta.Again I am using the word Shifta because the respected Professor Donald Levin has repeatedly used the word to show us that he knows Amharic or knows the Ethiopians.Professor Donald has forgotten to mention what the opposition party leaders suggested for the USA representative,Melese Zenawi.The opposition party leaders did not become shifta or did want to carry arms to bring change.It is the USA financed city shifta Melese Zenawi that became shifta.It is the USA Bush government that supplied the city shifta,Melese Zenawi, with money and weapons in order to deny the people of Ethiopia their rights.
Professor Donald Levin argued that the federal goverment based on ethnicity is not the creation of Melese Zenawi.He said it is Mengistu Hailemariam that devised the government based on ethnicity.Melse Zenawi based on the foundation of Mengistu which is again founded on Marxist ideology made his government of modern Ethiopia.Well I am really confused of the knowledge of Professor Donald Levin of Ethiopian sociology.Melese Zenawi himself does not deny that he is the one that divided the people of Ethiopia according to ethinic fabrics.Melese Zenawi gave ethnic federal administration not based on the population of the nations but on mere political gambling.The Hararis have the federal

Email: aghere@yahoo.com

City: Jerusalem