Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ambassadors’ Donor Group Statement

The international community doesn't worry about the Ethiopian people. If not, they are well aware of the reality that the Ethiopian people hadn't elected Meles. They throw us food when their Ethiopian puppet begs for aid. It's upto the Ethiopian people to fight against this tyrant. We don't have to be submisive & hesitating.

We get the real justice from the Almighty Lord.

Email: wegenetenesa@yahoo.com

What more do you need? All the reports except that of Ana Gomez have said that Ethiopia is on the right track - it is making a genuin step to embrace true democracy. Most of us in the diaspora haven't been in Ethiopia for quite a long time and our knowledge of what is happening at home is limited. we can only learn from those co observers who committed time and money to do proper research.
Something that the out going US ambassador said caught my attention. we don't necessarily have to love our opposers and whose who seem to have a differing views. But we much respect and be willing to listen to them if we are to true achieve democracy. we must learn to tolerate one others. any time something goes against us we must no cry faul.
Let us not be deceived by those hypocrit politicians who are using the current situation to advance their agendas. all these cries are bs! Ethiopia didn't have an obsolutely free election but it is understandable. It shoul there were a number of problems but Rome wasn't build in one day. we are on the right track. let us keep helping each other. I entreat you that rather than wasting ur time and money going to NY to protest do something concrete to help those in need.
peace

City: boston

CUD is caught in the middle of two fires, his supporters and EPRDF. The wrong strategy and plan CUD used to promote itself to the ruling party position is now backfiring on it. If CUD decides to join the parliament after letting it's supporters die for it's cause it's (CUD's) supporters will make it they sworn enemy, if it boycott the parliament the EPRDF will make it ileagal the next day and hunt each and every CUD members and throw them to jail to rot there. Now the fat cat CUd leadership are ****ting their pants.

Email: jaff@aol.com

Jaffar,
Thats why CUD leaders had their passports visa stamped and air ticket in hand during the attempted coup.
I hope they boycott parliament, but for me its a totally different reason.
I want Addis Ababa cut to size and put in place, so it cannot do what mogadishu did to somalia, and what other african capitals do to their countries. everything in the capital and the outerlands with no say in power, is disasterous.
Addis Ababa should be told in no uncertain terms that she is only a big dirty city that needs a sewer system.
A temporary admin woud make the integration into the state very smooth. If CUD rejects the election, I would be celebrating.

You see!
Even though I am very upset, it is a well expected stand from selfish diplomats. We Ethiopians will free our nation from her tyrants son by ourselves. The Ambassadors’ Donor Group Statement has no a taste of truth. How could they be this blind, and ask the oppositions to be part of the dead parlama. First of all, Opposition parties have no any right to take order from outsiders. The Oppositions represent Ethiopians, not these groups.

Yes! I can understand that this so called diplomats are enjoying there career without a challenge, but they need to know the fact that they are part of the history and history shall no remember them as sub-human due to there bias judgment. They do not even want to give the doubt of the benefit for EU-election mission's statement. Rather, Meles latter create a fearful stand.

One day the truth will shine!
Ethiopians will claim there political freedom without any1's help!
Our unity will destroy, TPLF and bias diplomats stand!!!

Email: ethioart2002@yahoo.ca

City: Toronto

I’ve read the statement by Ambassadors’ Donor Group dated
September 13, 2005 with a total dismay, as it tend to prescribe what to do to the opposition parties and dare to make a decision to the fate our people.

Yes, it is a well-known fact that Ethiopia is one of the poorest countries in the world whereby the large portion of both its annual budget and the feeding of its people depend on the donation from this very group. However, this doesn’t give them a mandate to dish out what is right for us by completely disregarding the gruesome acts of EPDRF such as: the vote rigging, killing and mayhem (innocent demonstrators, members of opposition parties, elected parliamentarians,….) the on going assaults on journalists, leaders of civil servants groups, and the list is far to long to list.

Ethiopia had learnt its lesson long time ago i.e. the destine of our people is determined not by any outside force who pose as a stake holder in our internal matter, it is rather, solely by the will and the desire of our people! Thus we shouldn’t be surprised by this statement …. One can draw analogy from how Emperor Hile Selasies appeal to the League of Nation and the type of replay he had received at the time. It is a two tier system one for them another for the rest of us!

No matter what, our People will and desire shall be realised!

Email: hassabu_1@yahoo.co.uk

i think its time the opposition to join the parlament ! Other wise , things might turn ugly to everybody , i am not expecting ANA GOMEZ will come up some other view than this !!!, she was exposed very badly , so -she may not come again to save the opposition , CUD-must be smart enough to use this opertunity . The PM and EPRDF -will go at any length to defend them selves, we may take the GOOd example from this day`s new ( PM meles wants to have a dialoge with OLF), lets all think wisely , if at this moment reached an agreement with OLF and the PM minister , am 100% sure that CUD-will not get what he has get right now-so , its time to come up with Other strategy !! join the parlament and keep on fighting =thats how i think , One more thing , they should stop listening to the diaspora ethiopians , they no nothing about ethiopia ,