Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mikir Lager Lijoch: Part IV

The AU has decalred that teh EPRDF has won the election in a fair process. The same is the case with the 23 Ambasador groups including the USA and the main EU countries. May be Anna Gomes's report was only for satisfying her friend Hailu Shawel, but it seems it has no impact from Brussels.

I am very very eager to hear the possible "names" to be given for the Ambassadors’ Donor Group and to the AU mission from the CUD sympatizers in this forum.
This must the most shocking news for them all "at this critical time" for those who were dreaming high due to the biased report by Anna Gomes. On the top of that the AU observation team has released its observation that the election is carried out according the Ethiopian rules. What a cocurence! It has also on its way accepted that the EPRDF is the winner of the election and draw a conclusion, commenting the minor mistakes that should not be repeated in the next election, the election was over all fair, transparent and democratic. This is the fact at home.

Basically this was what we were saying. We have not said it was absolutely with no difficuties from all parties. Regardless of some the said irregularites which is usually unavoidable even in the civilized world, this years election was an examplary. It has indicated how democracy could work in Africa.

Let us proceed ahead anyway. Now CUD and UEDF has "good" reason to justify accept the seats in the pariliament though they were talking load as if they will get the courage not to be part of the "illegitmate parliament". Already its legitmacy has been declared by the ENBE and the international community has endorsed it today officially

Re: Mikir Lager Lijoch: Part IV

Things are going in the right direction except the new alliance b/n the EPRDF and OLF. If OLF has not dropped its sessation demand, this is simply a crazy idea. I hope Meles will not commit a second crime to what he has commited with regard to Eritrea. How ever I hope this is a good time for all rebel groups to lay down their armamnets and address all their demands in a peaceful way and ready to be judged by the people.