Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
'Unusual alliance-metal with clay'

Ethiopian PM willing to open talks with rebel OLF.
One thing we all need to know about TPLF. We can not conclude that the supporters of woyane are complete supporters of destruction of Ethiopia which is the core principle of woyane. Many are deceived by their master's deceiving promises which he is master of all evils. He managed to promote himself to the west as a prominent democratic leader until his mask is unmasked.

Eventhough he is roaring now a days in every opportunity he gets including the Editorial pages to buy time, deep inside he is convinced his time is over. Take my word. The mis-calculated May election is a blow on the face of woyane before woyane finishes the destruction process in the country. To compensate the time lost by mis-calculation, the poisonous propoganda has to hit the media at every corner-which is hatred among different tribes of Ethiopia where no one remembers a leader(past or present) in the land who used this kind of hatred for the sake of prolonging the time clinging to power so to destruct the country. The people of Ethiopia already knows who they are and why they are in power. Otherwise the dream of woyane would have been fulfilled by witnessing the second Rwanda's tragedy in Ethiopia. That is the main goal of TPLF...chaos in country, lawlessness...
They accuses different tribes esp. Amhara. Why? These are the two competing tribes for power back in history. Neftegna does not belong to to Amhara only it includes the Tigrean leaders too. Read history. But it is easy to deceive the public by throwing some poison so everybody will be intoxicated with it and woyane will have time for further poisonous scheme. The last resort in woyane's head is not to transform power in peaceful manner. OLF never been friend with woyane from the time of bush struggle to this days. If OLF who has separatist policy is not better than woyane. They are very narrow minded. They do not care about any ethnic group but Oromo. They do not want to read the history that other ethnic groups including Amhara and Tigray pass through hardship like any other ethnic groups by ruling regime of the time. No body was favored because he is this or that tribe.
The point is- woyane knows OLF is a good recipe for destruction of the country not because they love them. By the way OLF knows woyane is not in fond of OLF at this juncture of history but who cares as far as the opportunity is there.
This is a very dangerous move by woyane for the country. Even can pass the power to OLF overnight and woyane will stay aside with a military in Mekele or leave the country for chaos...which is anyway the goal.

The important question we peace loving citizens from every ethnic group must ask is "what should we do right now?".

The opposition has to design a strategy to protect the country from complete collapse! This is not a joke. We have to know who woyane is by now. This land of many peaceful ethnic group is in real threat. We're responsible to thwart the scheme. This is a call to every Ethiopians who want to see tomorrows generation who will live together in harmony without being pushed aside by different political group to make advantage of our difference instead of making advantage of our difference to promote the well-being of everyone as equal citizen of the land.
What happened yesterday is history, what to do today is a challenge for all of us including our OLF and woyane leaders.
Bitterness can be changed to betterness by forgiving one another. It is our choice. I said it is our choice! What is your choice??

Thank you

Re: 'Unusual alliance-metal with clay'

The danger comes to us (Amhra).

If Tigreans and Oromos and other Non Amhra ethiopians united to form a government, that means we Amhras will be thrown out of the federal Union, and we Amhras will be forced to form our own Amhra republic.

Email: Getachew@yahoo.com

City: Washington Dc

Amare,

I respect your opinion,but do you think that will be the solution? We are talking about the very existence of the whole country. If there is any form of alliance between the above mentioned it will be chaos to all ethnic groups including their own. I do believe neither OLF nor woyane has 100% support from their own tribes. This is political view not ethnical view. OLF or TPLF is formed by few narrow minded people for short term solution out of revenge or bitterness. It does not give any long lasting peace. We need brilliant and smart leaders better than the leaders of OLF or TPLF. It doesn't matter which background they are coming from( Oromo, Tigray,Amhara, Gurage, Wolayita,Kenbata,Gedeo, etc). But we need leadres with pure vision who are people persons and promote equality,forgiveness and unity. No unity, no country...as simple as that. The dream of OLF and TPLF does not benefit even themselves! Is it not amazing? We all have to stand on our common denominator-Ethiopia, the land of all tribes! That is the only noble idea, which is inclusive. If you take myself, I'm a blend of every tribes for your information. Many of us are the same back ground. No tribe is superior over the other and no tribe is inferior in the new Ethiopia. Should we repeat the mistake what our ancestors did?
We're the off-shot of the new generation, free from hatred who respect others and love others and give chance to others for our common benefit. That is a dream,my friend. The so called 'dream' of the TPLF and OLF is a nightmare not a dream to me.

thanks

Have you folks ever thought of this, before the tigre, amhara, somali or oromo PMs you have in mind?
Try to give people the benefit of doubt. It might even help you see your own strategies and tactics if you're opposed to the reapprochement.

why now with ONLF and OLF?
Good question.
EPRDF has been taking away all instruments egypt can use against ethiopia, from khartoum to mogadishu and kenya.
CUD maybe too du-mb or too foolhardy to admitt this fact, but the egyptians know it. They have been offering their services for negotiation between eritrea and ethiopia to be a mediator.

now ONLF is sarounded by ethiopia friendly forces, so is OLF. The eritrean border is closed even for them, they have to go from mogadishu warlords, thats also closed by putting the new somalia government.

On the ground its checkmate. But Meles is always polite and civil. No gurra no feckera so its negotiation time, let the talks begin and peace be celebrated.

Meles doeasn't care if CUD and the likes think he is defeated so he gave in to OLF or ONLF. Ethiopia is the winner at the end of the day.

Abyssinian,

I think you're dreaming like many BLIND supporters of woyane. Things are changed for good since May 15. Woyane can not continue with the same strategy,while defeated in the election. The covered monsterous behaviour of woyane has been revealed to all world community by slaying
42 innocent civilians in day light. This is not enough to keep woyane in power peacefully where its conscious is whispering defeat and continuosly hammering the head of Meles telling him 'your time is up'. So he has to show his defeat by trying to be smart to make a deal with someone whom he said "Never no deal". It is not a long time memory where Meles was recklessly saying to the opposition " If you like the result, join the parliament otherwise start ARMED STRUGGLE like OLF". He used/consider OLF as lawless group. What is in his mind to deal with them now? Political advantage? Ofcourse yes. They might sympatize by massaging his wound. I do not have any problem with the leaders of woyane and OLF personally except their dream is every body's, nightmare as Jomo said.
It is logical to think...'mafres kelal bihonim, megenbat gin kebat new'. Think again a group after each priciple. You do not need to be a smart/brilliant person for destruction. Building up demands a good thinker. Who is the good thinker among them? NONE. The judgement to you.

bye

ASP,
keep thinking that way. There is nothing that pleases me more than opponents declaring Weyane wounded, Weyane dead, Weyane..this Weyane that....
Can you read this?

In 1979 there were two evenly matched organizations in eritrea.

Russia(USSR) and e.germany brought negotions between derg and eritrean organizations.
ethiopia and eritrea to have a confederation was fully accepted by one oraganization and close to accepting by the other.
Derg decided that these eritreans are accepting this because they are weak, so he went for a military campaign instead.

The rest is history.

You never learn from history my friend.
EPRP said the same of TPLF
EDU said the same of TPLF
TLF said the same of TPLF
Derg said the same of TPLF
Shaebia said the same of EPRDF

They all concluded that the organization is negotiating because its weak.
Respect and understand the culture. Meles is not of zeraf and gurra culture. He is polite and civil, which is always mistaken for weakness.
If I were against EPRDF, i would tremble when they accept negotiations and approch the matter with civility and humility.

CUD of course is of the Derg and Shaebia culture of arrogant, pompous type.

Have you ever considered this:

why now with ONLF and OLF?
Good question.
EPRDF has been taking away all instruments egypt can use against ethiopia, from khartoum to mogadishu and kenya.
CUD maybe too du-mb or too foolhardy to admitt this fact, but the egyptians know it. They have been offering their services for negotiation between eritrea and ethiopia to be a mediator.

now ONLF is sarounded by ethiopia friendly forces, so is OLF. The eritrean border is closed even for them, they have to go from mogadishu warlords, thats also closed by putting the new somalia government.

On the ground its checkmate. But Meles is always polite and civil. No gurra no feckera so its negotiation time, let the talks begin and peace be celebrated.

Meles doeasn't care if CUD and the likes think he is defeated so he gave in to OLF or ONLF. Ethiopia is the winner at the end of the day.

Abysinia,

Did you say polite and civil? Are you deceiving yourself or have been told to say so? Trust yourself and say what you think brother/sister. I'm talking about Meles. If what you've said is right, then Meles lost his mind not to live politeness by conceding defeat by opposition. You mentioned CUD. I do not unerstand why woyane supporters hate CUD? It is not the only opposition. To be honest with you, if CUD is considered the enemy of woyane, then the people who voted CUD and put CUD as a winner of May 15 election are enemy of woyane. Woyane who hates CUD is the enemy of the people by contrast. Civility and politeness do not hate people's choice.
There is a confusion here on woyane's side.
Pls, clear the cloud at that area which is impossible and too late.

The time is over for woyane completely!

Jomo,

I don't know where you are from, or your familiarity with the Weyane culture.
All her enemies always took for weakness, her polite and respectful culture. These are facts any organization that ever negotiated or fought in the field with or against Weyane can attest to.
If you can declare yourself a winner of an election where you didn't even contest 123 seats plus 31 reruns, what can I say.
The dislike of CUD has three reasons for me:
1. It was only CUD leaders that sloganeered "we will send them home". They did not consider the consequences in their blind rush for Addis coup/revolution
2. They have a good doze of fascist derg. Mr. Shawl took a good three questions to admit he was derg for only two years for money and didn't say a word of the regime. No sense of regret of what happened to the country and people of those times. He is just a defeated still not repentant or regretful derg. A lot of them are like that. Beaten, but bitter.

3. They campaign to stop aid to ethiopia unless they come to power. Thats extreme for a starving country. There is a CUDite I know, who avoided volunteering to raise funds in 1984, but now writes letters, demonstartes to stop aid to ethiopia.

If thats not enough to make an activist out of a very ordinary, small man, like me, i don't know what will.

At least, Meles knows what he is after and knows what he wants. He has more brain cells than a bunch of OLF donkeys.

sir/madam,

why do you jump at mesadebna manquashesh in haste? Could it be that the sinsetr weyane is throwing this test balloons to get your ilk worked up to oblivion?

Give it some time. Have some patience. don't panic. it will all work out to its proper end.

I think for some their political party is becoming like cult, esp for those brainwashed cadres. They are scared to death to criticise their own. They're trained to accept whatever comes from the party or group. There is a consequence if they open their mouth against anyway. In extreme cases, they do not utter anything against even they left in a room alone. They became a robot which is programmed to do what the position of a button is. I followed in all forums, either knowingly or not, all cultic political group tone the same. Woyane is one of them. Have you guys ever seen someone from their own criticise. Never! If they kill 42, the reason is "they know why they did it...donot worry". What a suicidal thought!
That is exactly what a new type of slavery looks like.

Wake up guy! ... it is 21st century. Let's act,talk,walk,think,debate...as it is with logic, with sensible talk.
Woyane knows what to do? I realy doubt.

Dear Jamo, its seems, after raising an interesting topic and continued with interesting arguments, you are missing the right way to continue your argument. Absisinia has given you his justifications why he hate the CUD. Try to counter attack his ideas to convince him or if satisfied to be convinced. It is uncivil to jump to a character assasination type arguments. This is where most of us are losing the right way.

If we are not convinced that the EPRDF is not the winner of the election, we have to prove if the CUD has won it. How do we expect the EPRDF supporters to concede while we are doing totally a different thing. Absinnia told you the CUD has not at list compete for than 150 seats to win the Election. This is, as far as I know true. Tell us if the CUD has a miracle to win leaving free 150 seats for the EPRDF.Otherwise it will not convine a neutral body to accept that the CUD with -150 seats is the winner while the EPRDF is the loser competing for all 547 is the loser.

However I am touched by the new news about the relation of the OLF and EPRDF. It seems a real danger for our country is coming. We have to discuss the isue genuinely. Let us avoid hate and respect each others personality not necessarily our views

With regards

Moderator,
Please ban Amare. He has been making inflammatory remarks pretending to be Amhara. A dangerous person like him deserves to be banned.

Do not worry I am investigating who are the liers and most likely you will be one of those to be banned. When you lie a bit