Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Who Is Fostering Ethnic Hatred

It seems that there is a systematic ethnic hatred fostered by the supporters of Meles. This is a fact born by the number of messages and posted by Meles's foot soldiers that are attacking, insulting and vilifying the Amhara tribe. On the Other hand the opposition focuses its attack on Meles and EPRDF. IF there are opposition elements that directly accuse Tigray as a tribe they are the exceptions that come far and in between. The concerted and systematic attack on the Amhara is perpetrated by Meles's foot soldiers to foster ethnic hatred. This is a sign of desperation.

I counted the number of times that Amhara tribe is directly and explicitly attacked by Meles's agents in the last two weeks alone. I counted a total of 46 times. On the other hand, the number of times Tigray is attacked as a tribe during the same period is 3 times. Go figure who is responsible for ethnic hatred.

Meles seems to be cornered and desperate. He is retreating the only political game he knows: Ethnic hatered. This time it would not work. They must remember CUD won as many seats in the south as it did in the north.

Ankasa Doro aka
Mamo Qilo

Re: Who Is Fostering Ethnic Hatred

Mamo Qilo,

This is an excellent observation. What amazes me is to seepeople claiming to be a representative of a very small minority ethnic group fostering ethnic hatered. They are mimicking yesat erat. I hope Tigrayans on this forum will rise up and rebuke the futile effort by Meles and his stoges. Thank you again.

Yesat Erat

Dear Mamo: Great question. For this particular question, we need to use a neutral entity to answer your question. Because, somehow Meles Zenawi's tribal bandits goal is to create frustrations, and cloud in the mind of the Ethiopian people. Even though, we know who the hate mongers are, his cadres are accusing the victims of the hate,,as haters. So, for this purpose I decided to use a neutral body, to answer this question.

This is what a great friend of Ethiopia has to say, on this particular question you have raised,I will quote him. He is an outsider, an American. He has no reason to lie, has no reason to misinform others about Ethiopia. He has only to tell the truth. So, let's read and find out the right answer for the genuine question you have raised:

I am sure you all know him and probably heard of this interview: His name is Professor Donald Levine (University of Chicago),so this is what he had to say on Chicago's Public radio interview that took place on July 20, 2005, regarding the core problem of the political divisiveness in Ethiopia:

Quote begins:"When the EPRDF people came to power about 14 years ago, they carried the banner of their province of tigray (pariticular ethnic group)..which is a minority..instead of being an ethiopian liberation movement.....tigrian liberation movement. One of the thing they did, so as soon as they got into power was to forced Ethiopians to organize themselves as tribes as ethnic groups.....
that is what the second book, the greater ethiopia is all about. Ethiopia happens to have a history of being a nation of a multiethinic nation for longer than just about any country on earth. They tried to identify, the tribes.....that is fine.... but they politicized.it. When the EPRDF people came in ..they said..ethiopia is ..new... it is an emperio-invention of the last century and all there is...here is a bunch of tribes...and so let's identify all these tribes...and .let them have their voices.....well that is fine...but they politicize those voices and insisted on controlling those politics. I was there as an election observer back in 1992, and in order to vote Ethiopians were required to declare their ethnic identity. NOT A GOOD SIGN!!!
Can you imagine, Americans, before they are entilteld to vote being required to say...I am irish, i am spanish, i am indian, i am nigerian....that is what it was like...!!!! And this was deeply offensive to many Ethiopians and to most...who have this long history of intermarriage,,,of going on piligramages together. celebrating ceremonies together and so on......SO IT TOUCHED THE VERY CORE OF PEOPLE'S IDENTITY" Quote Ends.
----------------------------------------
So, EPRDF not only Fostering Hatred, it is the founder of Hatred in Ethiopia. Why would an outsider telling lies,to get what?

Meles is doing this, because that is the only thing he is capable of, and the only way he can secure his power. Confident leaders create unity not division. Only weak people, attracted to weakness. In unity there is strength, no weakness. So, Meles is attracted and comfortable not in creating unity, but in creating division among the people of Ethiopian people. It takes a big courage, confidence and strength to stand up for unity. It takes nothing, simply Nothing, to destroy unity. The only way toward division, is through hatred. The good news is, Ethiopians both at home and in Diaspora, united than ever, agaiinst Meles' wish, desire and plan. A job well done my great people!!! So, he is in panick right now.....saying Help!!!!! .,,Too late Meles, simply too Late. You still got one chance to do: to resign, do it!!

May God bless the Great Ethiopia and its people around the world!!!

Love is the most powerful weapon in the face of the Earth, not HATRED!! (Poor Meles, he chose the wrong weapon to destroy Ethiopia)

What an blunderous observation!!!!!!!
Why do you think you always insult Gebreselassie as Gebremeles and when have you stoped to say WOYANE to refer EPRDF which is a coalition of 4 parities one amongst this being the TPLF. You hate TPLF to death and You call it Wayane which a very nice name infact. Do you think you can fool us this way. We tigryans are so foolish we don't hate Amharas but the rulers and the neodergs CUD only not even the supporters of CUD . we hate neftegnas and CUD

Selam betigel,

you do not want us to see that you are getting mad. Just an advice.

Anksa Doro

yeah !!! lesidb man bilochhuhu
ankasa doro and quilo as your name tells are living in present but thinkk in the passt miskin ankasa gabata doroye. anten/anchin hogne alemeftere getan amesginowalehu because I cann see realities and possibilities
ankasaye ayknah/sh

yeah !!! lesidb man bilochhuhu
ankasa doro and quilo as your name tells are living in present but thinkk in the passt miskin ankasa gabata doroye. anten/anchin hogne alemeftere getan amesginowalehu because I cann see realities and possibilities
ankasaye ayknah/sh

Dear Selam Betigle,

You said you hate neftegna and CUD. You have evey right to hate who ever you want, the difference between you and us is that we oppoise your politics, but we don't hate you.

You must always remeber that a democratic ethiopia can only benefit all ethiopians and not the few. So when you make your statements, don't fear change. If TPLF was a good leadr I don't think nobody would even bother to oppose them. The fact is for so many Ethiopians the reality is very tragic.

If we establish a truer democratic ethiopia, then we can all work together to solve our problems: starvation, aids and the sad situation of our Education. And most importantly no bloodshed, when ever thre is a new government.

If black Africans didn't fight for their right, then, they wouldn't be where they are today. Like you hate us today, the white people then feared change and were against the strugle. Today in America, even immigrants from poor Africa benefit from this strugle.

Don't fear change, lets work together.

Love to Ethiopia

City: AA