Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
where are the somali-ethios in this forum

how come somalis aren't discussing here? are there only few individuals?

i like to see Shirdon,Hara,Samal(young or whatever you call yourself),nomad,liban , please come out and debate the issues pertaining to somalis. there is a trend here where the doc doesn't acknowledge any question asked by a somali but he will break his neck to answer any question that is raised by the other group..........lets please engage in a dialogue and debate our issues.

thanks,
ONLF

Re: where are the somali-ethios in this forum

Dear onlf on life

First of all let we put aside ourselves all the organization we support or affiliated too it and start us individuals person with out labeling any one or blaming no one, I doubt any of us will forget difficult time been through and still our people facing, I hope none of us will forget that. Though. Did you ever ask yourself how you can help?

I thing we can reach and contribute a lot of things if we have unity and believe ourselves, so let we bring back our unity back like old days and truest each other .

So let we organize gelbeede family reunion dinner and dance event this will bring together all gelbeed family friend you never see him for more than 20 years.this is step one .

Email: abdulnasir@cox,net

City: washington

ONLF for life,

Ibrahim is busy worshiping and serving Meles. He calls him "Our Beloved Honorable Leader." How do you expect him to look after the interest of Somali Ethiopians. He is a sould who needs to be libertaed frist before he can liberate others. Just making an observation.

Mamo Qilo

Thanks ONLF for life for starting this thread. btw, i am not offended by your remarks:-) i like someone to bring the best out of me and willing to take the challenge.

Yes, ONLF for life we need to engage in political debates among ourselves. i read what Brother Harar has suggested to bring people together for dinner to get to know each other. although, i support that idea however,i beleive we need to do more than dinner and more than getting together. we need to dialogue and form a single front by bringing all this organzations under one umbrella, namely ESDC,SED and all others peacefull organizations.(no offense brother ONLF, i don't consider ONLF as a peacfull front, since they engage in forecfull acts:-)

i think an open and frank discussion of our motives here and then we could take it from there.

regards,
Samal

Ankasa Doro,mamo

It is bothering me for some reason to see the Doc,aka shirdon turning a deaf ear to our calls. i know he is a busy man but how come he has time to debate with tplf/cud and all other parties. we appreciate his efforts on promoting our image, however, we beleive that he should first hear what we have to say and who we support. i think blindly supporting one party in politics is a dangerous notion. one must see the interest of the people and should not be short-sighted.

Regards,
Samal

Samal,

I think Ibrahim is busy catering for Meles, and may be even coordinating with the Embassy to receive Meles. Earlier I tried to engage Ibrahim in a substantive matters. His rehersed reply is "we support and admire our beloved Leader His Excellency Honrable Gdo like Meles Zenawi".

You asked a good question: "how come Ibrahim has time to debate tplf/cud issues and turns a deaf's ear to the call of Somali Ethiopians" The answer in my opinion is that he is more worried about Meles's removal from power and he believes that the most relevant treat comes from CUD. He is a self appointed guardian / foot soldier of Meles. Call him militia intelligentia, if you will.

I am sorry to say that Ibrahim has sold his soul and pride. I have lived in Hara long enough to see and witness how proud the Somali are. Ibrahim has lost his pride. Why does he need to surender to Meles when he can stand tall with a principled stand. Some times he sounds more fanatic than gebreselassie and awalom.

I respect people who support any political party on principled grounds.

Ask Ibrahim why did Meles refuse to allow the muslim comunity from building a place of worshi in Adwa? Ask him why is Meles killing Somali Ethiopians and claim they are international terrorists? Ibrahim will answer: "we support and admire our beloved Leader His Excellency Honrable Gdo like Meles Zenawi".

Ankasa Doro

Harar,

Fair enough brother. could we start by sharing in what our agendas are. i guess i should start from myself and state our mission and what we stand for.
1) The Ogaden cause is not at the heart of a dispute between the Republic of Somalia and Ethiopia. It is one of the visages of European colonialism in Africa. It is the cause of a nation betrayed by Britain and other colonial powers and annexed by Ethiopia in a manner contrary to the agreements concluded between the Ogaden people and Britain and in conflict with International Law and the charter of the United Nations.

2) The struggle of the People of Ogaden and the aim of their movement is to obtain the right of self-determination, rather than a struggle aimed at realizing the identity of a nationality. This is because Ogaden has never been historically or politically part of Ethiopia.

3) The revolution of the People of Ogaden is based upon their absolute rejection of the unauthorized disposition of their territory by the British Government; and subsequently on their constant appeals to obtain the right of self determination based on the principle that the people of Ogaden alone reserve the right to determine their political future.

It is moreover based on the charter of the United Nations and its resolutions, which call for the elimination of colonialism and on the declaration of the General Assembly of the United Nations in 1960; and on the sixth principle supplemented to the United Nations Charter regarding the elimination of colonialism.

4) The Ogaden National Liberation Front (O.N.L.F.) is a vanguard organization leading the struggle of the people in an appropriate revolutionary manner; making use of the experiences gained from other liberation movements free from any kind of foreign pressure and intervention.

5) The ONLF adopts the long-term popular war and independent frontal resistance, supported by the mobilization of the people and their initiatives as the foundation of it's struggle.

nabaaday............
ONLF for life

Dear onlf
I know you very much you back ground you articles, you are tribal and narrow minded you know how to destroy we are fighting people like you who just looking for his pocket{AFAAR JABLE} who opportunist get experience from you UNCLE ZAID BARE is hard to stop those habits .
I just wonder the reasoned you joined the CUDand onlf , so I can not cure you from this ill infected dieses so god help you! Amen

Harar,

lets meet our end of the bargain...please and put our agendas forth. i thank onlf for life for what he has brought forth.

lets hear the ESDC agenda

Dear Samal and other Somali Ethiopian:
Please do not waste your time to be used and pit one agaisnt another. Mamo and all the screen names are the same person who is thinking to undermine Somalis.
Amhara settler are the enemy of all Ethiopian people and they want to destory what the poor people have built. Do not you see Mamo's writing and how much is undermining Somalis?
Thank God that you are not ruling Ethiopia and we have to work hard that these fascist people rule again.
Let us discuss what will be the agendas that you want we discuss with Meles.
Email: shirdons@yahoo.com

City: Washington DC

Ibrahim,
waa waar caad. thank you.we will contact you via mail.
samal

Harar
waar salaan iga gudooma igana raali ahaada haddii aan gafay.waa nomad
it's is obvious that ONLF for life is very articulate
and well versed in ogaden struggle. But for you I don't know what to say .... very sory. with out going into detail Ogaden tribe is a major force to recon with in Ethiopian polity. please check your facts and then talk.

For Dr shirdoon please write in somali for the heck of it.

Ibrahim,

Some months ago you promised in public "never to attack the Amhara as a tribe."

Now you are writing the following: "Amhara settler are the enemy of all Ethiopian people and they want to destory what the poor people have built." And refering to the Amhara agin you wrote: "Thank God that you are not ruling Ethiopia and we have to work hard that these fascist people rule again."

Don't you feel ashamed? You ask your compatriots :"
Let us discuss what will be the agendas that you want we discuss with Meles. "

LEt us hope that you would not play an agent for Meles to decide who amongst the Somali Ethiopian woudl attend. I would not be surprised if the likes of Samalare excluded and in their stade the likes of Awolom are ushered in as Somali Ethiopians.

The agenda should be simple. It should be to discuss issues relevant to the Somali region of Ethiopia.

Ankasa Doro

This is how the real Ethio-Somalis feel. the Ethio-Somalis are compasssionate and honourable people.
read on-

''........The soldiers of the Tigrean army of TPLF who were watching this drama were laughing when Amharas were being brutally killed by the OLF/IFLO forces that were armed by the Tigrean regime - a regime which armed the rationals (OLF/IFLO, etc) and disarmed the irrationals (24) (the Amharas). Surprisingly it was the Issa Somalis of Dire Dawa (who were later publicly exhorted by Tamirat Layne to beat and punish the Amhara chauvinists and neftegas) who were revulsed by these deliberately instigated pogrom-like anti-Amhara campaigns in Dire Dawa city and sent a telegram asking the TPLF/EPRDF government officials in Addis Abeba to immediately intervene and stop the bloodshed. The Issa Somalis of Ethiopia threatened the government in Addis Abeba saying that should the EPRDF government fail to intervene and stop the carnage of Amhara civilians, they (the Issa Somalis of Dire Dawa) would directly intervene to stop the blood-shed (25) . Subsequently it was these Issa Somalis who came to the rescue of the defenseless Amhara civilians of Dire Dawa and assured them their safety since the Amharas were disarmed and were not allowed to defend themselves against the OLF/IFLO thugs who were armed and encouraged to attack Amharas by the Tigrean regime. This solidarity which the Issa Somalis showed to the Amhara civilians of Dire Dawa will go down in history as a great example of human compassion in times of distress and need. No political group inside (except this Issa group in Dire Dawa) or outside Ethiopia that is worth its salt protested the wanton killings of Amharas in such places like Araba Gugu, Hararghe, Wellega, etc until the All ......''

Ibrahim,

What do you have to say. Kirrm says it as he saw it. Tell us who is fostering tribal hatred and ethnic cleansing. You tell us the democracy your master brought to Ethiopia. Do you think Kirrm made up the story?

Joro Tebi

Guys,

Ibrahim cannot write in Somali. His message is primarily to show his loyalty to Meles and geberfenafent. Sorry, but I thought I should share this observation.

Ankasa Doro

Dear Mamo:
Ibrahim can not write in Somali, but he knows how to write in Tigriyan and he does not like to write in Amahric. The real question is Somali Ethiopian will not accept to destroy article 39. Amahra settler will not go to answer and debate the real issue which is power and Somali Ethiopian are ruling Somali region. Thank God that I have seen in my life time an Amahra who is crying to divide Somali Ethiopian.
In addition, we are meeting with Meles and discussing several agendas. I really appreciate those who contacted me in private and do not want to disclose our secret to the settler Amahra and a few misguided Somalis who are still living in the mindset of clan. No wonder they are member of CUD.

Dear waredernews get lost your news are bias and one sided like ONLf, do not exist only by the paper.
we know each other they do not represents the Ogden tribe they are losers and we do want a loser to debate with us because you whole thing you can see is TRIBE on you mind and we are any thing group our vision and our goals are more than what we can see.

You may tell to Somali from Somalia but not us. Take this tribal thing to Somalia not to Ethiopia. We are Ethiopian where more than 78 ethic group and languges are proud to be Ethiopian and we can leave side by side with other Ethiopian.
God bless

hello all,

why is everyone so scared of this organization(onlf) oh i get it. it is because no peace plan without our organization's participation would be viable. all this ESDC crap will come to an end pretty soon.lets see the Dr.shirdons and harar's go to run the ogaden region...and i was coming to think that Samal was a rational and articulate person but you so called young mind is being swayed by the Shirdons....beware...you Somali ethiopian for Democracy(SED) groups.SED shall not bow down to ESDC and shall remain an independent party as is.

as for ONLF we won't discuss with meles unless ofcourse there is a third party involved....the saying goes" you fool me once i shame on you but fool me twice shame on me" so meles cannot fool us this time around.

Harar,
why are you raving about OLF will be the next prime minster, do you know that the Oromo;s are our enemies , they are the ones taking our land and the tplf regime is using them to undermind us. u need to start to think before you say crap.......

onlf for life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

DR shirdon you might meet with Meles and discuss what you wish , but wishful thinking will not take you nowhere. Meles needs peace with Somali people which is tied to ONLF agenda. ONLF is the backbone of Somali Ethiopian in essence. For instance the Ogaden tribe lives in 75% of the land, they are probably third larges ethinc group in Ethiopia next only to Oromo and Amhara.

You and Harar blame CUD and ONLF of being narrow minded and ethinic based. But you forget that CUD regardless of their short coming enjoy the undivided support of all Amhara and other Ethiopians. Futhermore, by associative deduction you have an issue with OLF too. Meles needs the narrow minded groups you disdain more than reassuring wisp of cadres.
I wish you good luck with you wishful whispers

Nomad,

Ibrahim is looking for a post in Meles's government. He has been eyeing a second secretary position in the Embassy. He has sold his soul and now he wants to sell the Somali Ethiopians interest.

Ankasa Doro

Hi all,

i am sort of new to this forum but would like to drop in my 2cents regarding this discussion here.

i like the fact that you are all so enthusiastic about the somali cause however the approaches you are taking are absolutly wrong. What is this name calling and ethnic bias.

Onlf for life, it is ok to be an onlf memeber however,threatning others who are out of their own goodwill trying to help our people is absolutly wrong. mind you no somali qabiil is inferior to any other and that same person you are threating has family too..........don't forget that.

As for nomad, Oganden qabiil doesn't have 75% of the land in somali region.there are many other qabiils that aren't ogaden:bertera,issaq,shekash,abesguul.....etc,,,,,so brother lets tone it down with the qabiil stuff would you?

lets keep it clean and have a civil discussion.

Hi all,
Please, Read and wahaa tatuu
http://radioxoriyo.com/phpfusion/news.php?readmore=144

http://www.radioxoriyo.com/phpBB2.0.14/phpBB2/index.php
http://www.radioxoriyo.com/Calanka_labisan.htm
http://radioxoriyo.com/phpfusion/news.php

Email: aarlibax@yahoo.com

City: Harar

Jigjiga I think you are from Somalia, 99% are Absame 1% Isa. 0% other

Email: aarlibax@yahoo.com

City: Harar

arlibax,

What the hell is absame.....you narrow minded son of a ********* there is no such thing as absame: where did you forget the other somalis......guy like you i know............who aren't ogaden but want to be a tabadiliif to ogaden.............the hell with you....

Makiel,

ONLF for life has put together good starting point, can we discuss it without name calling on both sides.

Think about it, exchange of ideas are more productive and better than, pure insults. I understand why the ONLF is fighting for, I also know that, alot of Ethiopians don't know why? My question to you all is, can we find a commond grounds as our starting point? I am looking forward to a civil-discussion from you all.

Test