Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
THE FALL OF WOYANE TRIBAL RULE

A few days ago, I listed 10 thingas we needed to do in the current task of the National Resistance.

First,we must be prepared psychologically. Freedom is not free. We must be mentally ready to defy and fight Woyane. It is clear to all how psychologically ready the people are. Observe, the public poll gatherings organized by CUD. The Ethiopian people are ready to pay anything to get rid of the Woyane ethnocratic terror.

Second, We must reject and defy the fear of Woyane. Woyane is a paper-tigger, it is dying lion. It is hated, isolated, divided, and has run out of steam. Woyane does not exist in the realm of Ethiopian political reality. It is still repeating the old empty ibrit of 20 years ago. The forces of ethnicity and division are in the process of dying. Do not fear Woyane. I can not base my assertion on any current poll, but most agree about two fundamental conditions about the Meles regime.

(a) The people of Tigray and other ethnic groups have had enough of the Woyane garbage and Meles will have only a very few loyalist who are willing to die to perpetuate his terror and dying dictatorship. (b) In a more basic sense, the era of rural armed struggle and protracted military process has ended in the present day Ethiopia. No armed group, be it Tigrean, Oromo, or ethnic x, can engaged in protracted armed struggle and sustain itself with the support of the people. Therefore, it is my humble prediction that Woyane can not and will not be able to return to its habitual mountains to persue its political goals. It is entirely possible that it can engage in one more foolish urban killings of peaceful protesters. Of course, that is one of those follies which is going to be its downfall.

So, the fear of Woyane violence must be rejected. Here is the fundamental truth of Ethiopian politics in the current situation: all those elements who benefited from Woyane rule can secure their existence and enjoy their gains by peacefully integrating into the emerging united and democratic Ethiopia - hence a government of national unity and a new national election. If those beneficiaries of the Woyane rule decide to continue their dictatorship by force and killing, they will not only be totally crushed by a national uprising and unimaginable chaos, but they will also lose most of their economic and political gains [lootings]. Take lessons from the previous two ruling classes - the Imperial and the Derg ruling classes. The Woyane ruling class is not exception. AliTegib yale, sitefa yadiral.

So, the choice is in Meles' court. If he want to resolve the issue with wisdom and enlightened self-interest, We all can go back to work. If he wants to be cute and smarting about the historic demand of the 75 million people, then he will learn what history does the hard way. After all, dictators never learn from history and that has been their downfall.

The people have no choice but to rise in national resistance. That is where history is heading. Yichalal!