Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Addis Ababa Vs. Ethiopia

Lets learn from long past history.
Addis Ababa was dancing oblivious to the fact that Rayya was in famine, eritrea and the gojjam farmer were burning and somali state was not happy.
Addis Ababa did not know that the second division/army has petitioned Janhoy with 27 demands for a week. Janhoy was not impressed and responded with some harsh words, the armed forces, now with support of the airforce and navy have taken control of Asmara and the whole situation made its way to dancing saris/nefas silk in big and dirty Addis Ababa.

The situation now is not any different, except the armed conflicts are manageable and the unhappiness in the land has been less, with the exception of the majority of Addis.

Hosting the federal government for Addis majority seems, governing the federation. They don't give two bits, whats happening or for the wishes of people outside the city.

This is a very dangerous situation. It makes political forces ignore the outerlands of the old empire. It should not allow to continue.

Addis Ababa needs to stop this behaviour of spoiled child and realize that its only a city and that other corners of the old empire cannot be ignored and told to follow along.

The sooner ethiopians realize and correct the situation the better.Otherwise, if we go back into putting all politics in Addis, it might be too late whan we realize we have intractable situation in benshangul, Afar or somali state. Then it will be Weye Weye ager teffa, like eritrea.

Re: Addis Ababa Vs. Ethiopia

The all usual scare tactic and full of hate. Look at you, you talk about "dirty Addis", making it obvious that you are happy to see it so. How vengeful you are? How scary and how nasty you are? Where do you think the people of Addis have come from? From mars? Who ever you may be, ask any one around you and ask them where they are from orgionaly or or where their parents are from? Addis is a melting pot of nations and antionalities, using you words. Addis is the seat of governement AU, diplomatic cores , major univeristies etc. Addis was and remains teh coire of that country. You can't change that. What you have seen and seeing in addis is no other than a reflection of what is going in every conrner of the country. Very unfortunately for those covered with ethnic blind you cann't see any thing with out ethnic baggage even Addis the microcosome of Ethiopia. Arkebe said, what does Addis people have any thing to with elections in the other regions. What a shameful cratures are we dealing with? This is coming from a group which has fought for the cause of cessation of Eritrea. Now they tell us that we have nothing to do with what is happening to our parents and siblings voice. Disgusting beyond words.

Yes. Addis Ababa is a very dirty city. Hopefully it can be cleaned and proper sewer system put in place. We are poor and the city keeps growing with poverty.

Addis ababa is not the core of ethiopia. The sooner you get this to your head the better. Its just a city weilding power like other poor underdeveloped third world countries. No country, especially one like ethiopia should put its political future on a city like Addis Ababa.
Having OAU for 40 years is no excuse for ignoring the rest of the country. OAU is not going to go to Jijiga and address problems for me. If there is problem in benshangul its my money, my sweat, and heaven forbid my life thats in danger.
Doctor, Hajji, field marshall idi amin ul dadda enjoyed addis ababa, its prostitutes and mercedes, but was not there for Rayya. I don't expect him.

Don't be short sighted and defensive. Why don't you state then that Addis is the cleanest city. Its not, never been. Haileslassie times, they use to cover whole city blocks with korkoro painted, when they had visitors. They used to arrest beggars until the visitors leave. This should anger you, not me stating the obvious fact.
Why do you quote arkebe for me? Isn't his administration the majority of Addis said no? They don't think his administration was good. Thats their choice, but will not change the dangerous political lay of the land that still exists today. The only difference from Janhoy times is that bihereseboch are stronger to defend themselves, if any dictator like CUD or someother Derg type tries to take their hard won rights.

Look, your vengeful thought on the people of Addis who have shown the symbolic defeat to the whole world is obvious all over your note. Arkebe was defeated b/s he represents the most hated party, EPRDF not b/s he is not good enough. Unfortunately, we have come to know his worst faces after his defeat, when his mask is unveiled.

If there is a core to this country, would you mind telling me where the core is? N.B. There is only one core. My understanding was that even TPLF's functional headquarter is in Addis. Isn't it? If EPRDF thought, it wasn't improtant enough, why all these OPDO campaigns on Addis/Finfine?

As for arkebe, i don't know why he was defeated. anything is possible. there may have been dirty campaign on the ground. i don't know. if it was similar to the one run aginst bereket, of course its diappointing, but thats politics, dirty and nasty sometimes bordering the irresponsible.

The Oromia state government of course makes decisions based on the wishes of their constituency. If they choose Addis as capital, then all three governments have to know what each ones authority and responsibility is. In the beginning there might be problems of education for example, but is short term. If the state decides that public schools will be in Oromiffa then thats what will be. If they will have state police, thats what will be. This will be regardless of who is the federal government.
Unless CUD wants to scrap the constitution, which they can't (no power to enforce it)those will be the realities even if CUD lasts until 2010 and wins the election, which is so many ifs.
no need to chase ifs, there is reality here and reality is what we all need to deal with.

where is your core? Answer, no spinning.
Thank you for all teh plans about teh police the schooling etc.. There is nothiing to be scared of at all. Don't worry.
Ps Answer the question> meles's style of response isn't applicable here.

Jadu ,
Why do you spend your time and enegry with a moron *** paid agent.
please ignore him. Responing to him is like according him the dignity of a rational human being, which he is not. Please do not descend to his level of absurdity, by arguing with him.
with respect

Jadu,

Awalom is the new designate implanted on thi forum to throw a monkey wrench to disturb discussion. I suggest you simply ignore him. I will handle him in the language he knows best.

Yergo Zenb aka
Mamo Qilo aka
Ankasa Doro aka
Tengara Gundan

I think you have the wrong language.

as for the question of core, why do you look at things with core and non core people.
Why do you need a core? Thats the wrong approch to a country or governance.
If you mean Capital city, different countries or states choose capitals based on different factors, so Oromia or the federal government can chose.
Don't look at ethiopia with the old attitude. She is irreversibly changed. There is no one to consider themselves core and govern the non core. It just doesn't work anymore. All the Janhoy and Derg years have made this abundantly clear, unless one was in Addis Ababa, oblivious to the rest of the country.

To the one who assumed who speaks my language,
My culture is not feckera or gurra. my culture is one of humility and civility. Gurra culture is twice the failure once for the failure itself, and next for the shame of failure after gurra.

learn some civilized manners. Its being made available for people like you. Unless of course you're beyond redemption.