Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Question for Hardcore Oromo's on this forum...

Some of you seem to really insist despite the historical links of Ethiopia that you want the other tribes out of Óromoia'and only it should be for Oromos...well, if you have such typical OLF style objectives...why don't you go to Oromia and fight for OLF??

I mean, all other tribes of Ethiopia know your intentions more and more, especially those in N.America seem to support this notion. Why not be brave as your words and fight the Meles Regime in Ethiopia instead of 'mefoker'from your comfortable homes in N.America???

I am serious, can anyone answer me??? I mean an Oromo not the lonly idiots such as GebreMeles,etc.

Peace!

Re: Question for Hardcore Oromo's on this forum...

Ethiopia has more than 80 ethnic groups and languages. No body has the right to choose for them where and how they live. We are proud of our heritage, our diversity, our proud history.

Ethnic segregation is against development and modernism. In the modern industrial age people work together in factories, in big cities and towns. It is the way countries and societies are in the 21st century.

For example, EU is becoming one market place where all citizens of Europe trade together, breaking boundaries and barriers, people travel between cities of Europe to work, live and relax. It is the same in the US, Asia and to some extent even in west and east Africa.

I am not sure if people want to stay in their little boxes, closed up from other contacts and influences. No country or community has a chance to grow ano develop on its own. This can not and will not happen.

Re: Question for Hardcore Oromo's on this forum...

I live in a community where all kinds of Ethiopians live. Once in a while we all get together and have a meal. Never heard from one of the Amharas that they want to be in charge. They always talk about to have a multi ethnic party and a democratic country. As an independent Oromo, I keep an open mind. I have always got along with all sorts of nationalities and my own multi ethnic Ethiopians. We can take our country to 21st century by electing a leader who believes in one Ethiopia. I hate to see Ethiopia divided in small parts and bloodshed among each other. I hope we are thoughtful thinkers than being tribalism and live together with mutual respect. We should not be persuaded by a few racists to hate each other.