Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My Republican Friend's Reading of Ethiopia's Politics

Zack tells me that he is very much impressed by CUD's cunning political moves. CUD's decision to take over Addis without joining the parilament is a strike of a genius. He thinks it ties Meles's hand in knots. Taking over Addis from Berhanu and company would be a big international news. In the meantime forming a new government with out CUD and UEDF will make Meles look like Bokasa. Yilma, what do you think?

Joro tebi aka
Ankasa Doro aka
Yehager Shimagele aka
Yegemel Chira aka
Thomas Sibago

Re: My Republican Friend's Reading of Ethiopia's Politics

The American empire is not prepared to play hooligan politics with ethiopia at this time.
The election is one, take it or leave it.
The Americans have been informed by Australia and Canada that any shenanigan in ethiopia is courting disaster.

They are busy in Iraq and now at home, can't be bothered. Your republican sources are the ones that make their living by the issues in that part of the world, or with the wrong information like some in the state department.

The Pentagon have called for stability in ethiopia and CUD's problem is first and foremost Somali state. Hot spot area.

Or you might be hearing half of the story, like diplomatic code speak.

Awalom,
How much do Berket and little Meles pay you and/or altenatively How much is your hatred for Ethiopia

Thats CUD speak when confronted with reality.
I am telling you the real deal. Why would it matter, what name you give me or what kind of sidib you throw at me. It will not change the reality on the ground one bit.
If throwing sidib and manquashesh is your culture I can't help you there. You might be one of those FUBARED.
f-c-k-ed-up beyond any repair.
Nations cannot make policies based on tejji bet gossip and taxi cab shenanigan.

Awalom,
What is stability means for you? suppressing people's resent by force? Do you think that would be what brings stability in Ethiopia? Do you think, that is what "pentagon" would consider "improtant" to bring stability in Ethiopia or the horn? When did Australia, who doesn't even have an embassy in Ethiopia start advicing US policy on Ethiopia? It is interesting! Of course, I don't disregard such ifnromation from "Awaalom" except that I have learnt to read it the other way round. This was how some one by a screen name "Teddy", may be your colleague in TPLF propaganda office puts it before Anna Gomez reported what she has to report. I don't think Canada and Austaralia are on your line. I smell something fishy there. Hmmm Any way, Thank you for the information.

You don't have the decency to recognize that Australia and Canada were the two countries that started the debt cancellation for ethiopia.
not having an embassy didn't stop them from doing that. They have never been far removed from ethiopia. There is also a sizable immigrant population in Australia, quite active with their local MPs. Of course its from all corners. Somalia, eritrea, and ethiopia.

Stability means that considering the possible risks, the least risky situation. They know full well that if a mess happens in ethiopia, the US and Britiain would drug Canada and Australia to any mission. They always avoid these situations before they develop into chaos.

For all foreign countries interested, the main thing is if a worst scenario comes to reality, what would they do? If its not in their interest, then they avoid it like a plague. They play cat and mouse, but they know when to stop. In Africa we don't. We are only good at starting fires we cannot extinguish.

Do you think CUD can calm any dangerous situation in Somali state? I don't think so. I am not questioning their intent, but their capacity.
Capacity is important for foreign countries.

Its not because Canada had an embassy, that they challenged and brought the derg to their senses during the 1984 famine. Its because they have diplomatic clout and they could really do damage to the Derg.

why wouldn't CUD/UEDF be capable enough to bring stability if they take the stea power democratically? After all, they will have teh backing of the people who have elected their leaders fro teh forst time in the history of that country? If you are talking about EPRDF being an Akurafi force, that is another issue alltogether. The alternative is to let EPPRDF continue supress people's voices until it bursts out and gets out of control. These are the obvious secenarios to consider. NUG becomes a real option in this istuation. If people's reaction in the votes fail to give warning as to what is in the minds of the people, what else would?

Aren't you doing the same that you accuse EPRDF of?
Why are you transposing the people, the people...? Why? The 100 constituencies that CUD didn't even compete ans somali state, are not people, or Addis counts as 5 people?
First of all the lay of the land is that EPRDF has the majority of people support. Its just CUD is noisy. I can give you one state where CUD cannot excercise any influence or cooperation:somali state. That I know clearly. You might hate Meles, but he has a better chance of finding cooperative working atmosphere in somali state than all CUD put together.
I am not suggesting that we keep such and such for this, but show some humility and civility. A 100 plus somali state that CUD did not contest is a lot of ethiopians. Ethiopians are not willing to accept coup or banana republic arrangement among some noisy hooligans. There is a law, constitution and institutions being developed. This now or never by all means power is a road to destruction.
No amount of feckera or gurra can bring biheresebotch to be colonies of some ketema wenbede in Addis Ababa.

there was consitution and law in hailesellassie and derg era too. the alter was in fact "approved by the people" in a way not much different from how EPRDF's constitution was approved. The problem is EPRDF is th eone failing to abide by the constituion it has produced. Just tell me which consitutiuon allows the PM to declare state of emergencey with out approval by his cabinet or retropsective apprival by teh house? which constition allows imprisonment with out court order of thousands. Killigs etc. I could have mentinoned hundreds of constitutional violations. Then you tell us CUD uis noisy while it is EPRDF which has monoploized teh media and barrages teh opposition with out unrthical and unlawful attack. About teh representation by teh hundred seats Ihave mentioned it another thread. CUD, never claimed 100% win. If, you rememebr, it has even come to an agreement with UEDF not to run in areas where UEDF would have a strong show. Those places you mentioned are places where UEDF or EPRDF(Tigray) had a stronger representation. for a young party like CUD it was an absolutely strategic approach. But, EPRDF has representative parties only on the four major regions. Is it b/s they don't recognize the other people too? You talk about hooligans etc, and yet you try to preach decency in communication. You talk about being against hate, yet you sound you are emersed in it!

Just a simple question:
UEDF supports the contraversial article 39 CUD doesn't. Is there anyway these two fronts (which themselves are collection)could have an alliance on this basic issue, except a hidden agenda and reason, thats simpley unspeakable?

Before you jump to answer, please consider Dr. Merrara's situation lately.

Someone goes to power at any cost by winning a city, then somebody has to stand up for the rest of the country. As capacity is built all peoples will have same structures, participation and functions. This is democracy at work, and most importantly peace at work, the one we need the most right now.

As for voting, don't expect voting always to bring good people. Hitler also came through voting. The catholic party that gave him majority power also came by voting.

I am pretty much aware that elections don't necessraily bring the right people. What I know is that people who come by our votes would be much easier to tell them to go than those who force their way through teh barrel of gun. That is why I don't even care much about who realy makes up CUD/UEDF. These are people who have realized what peoples's vote means and no question will respect people's will, unless they want to be kicked out soon. Those who refuse to let go their power after being told that they are no more welcome, won't be good for the people or them selves.

Guys,

I have sinned again. I took up the name Yergo Zenb to show that when it comes to power Amhara is used as an excuse. I put the tribal looters on the spot, by brining UEDF up front.

Yergo Zenb

Brilliant. now go and govern ethiopia. she is waiting for you.LOL