Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
This Norwegian Yara Prize win confirms Stiglitz Joseph E.`s book on Meles Zenawe.

Here is why i am not surprised when The Ethiopians Prime Minster Meles Zenawe received The Green Revolution Nobel award after three years of the evalution done by world most renown respected economist.

In North America the best selling book of 2003--2004 was titled "GLOBALIZATION AND ITS DISCONTENT". This book was written by Former senior World bank President and Former America`s president clinton`s top senior economic advisor, and harvard economics grad (Stiglitiz Jospeph E.).
This book mostely concentrates on the present economic problem the world encountering, specially the third world country, regarding IMF and World bank relation and its political influence in the third world.
In this book our Ethiopian prime Minster Meles Zenawe received wide attention and the prime minster was highly admired by writter, Here is the quote what The writter had to say About Ethiopians Prime Minster Meles Zenawe. I quote ..

" Prime Minster Zenawe is one of the briliant young leader of Africa, who`s economic approach is maturly practical and much better than most economist i know of."

FOR INQUIRE AND FOR MORE REFERENCE ON THE BOOK, PLEASE VISITE YOUR LOCAL LIBRARY, MOST LIKELY THE BOOK IS AVAILABLE.

Email: ShambelDemese@Hotmail.com

City: Washington

Re: This Norwegian Yara Prize win confirms Stiglitz Joseph E.`s book on Meles Zenawe.

As American proverb put it..,

"Hero is not a hero in his own home."

Or As Amharic proverb goes, "KETATE YALE WORK KEMEDAB YEKOTERAL"

Email: mee231@yahoo.com

City: Canada

Re: This Norwegian Yara Prize win confirms Stiglitz Joseph E.`s book on Meles Zenawe.

Where can find this book you bosting about ?

Email: Seleshe@hotmail.com

City: Mi.

Getahun, I have read Stiglitz book cover to cover. For example it says Meles stoped practicing medicine and joined TPLF. Fact is Meles was a second year student. Stiglitz says that Dawit is a lawyer and a legal scholar. Dawit Yohanes was a second year college dropout and a Washington DC Cab driver.

I have underlined so many lies and fictions that I lost respect to Stiglitz. The problem was that he took all they told him and put it on his book. The same way the Norwegian Yara took all lies as true and ended up saying that there is green revolution in Ethiopia.

Aweke Demeke, you are a blind and a moron. If you are going to push a book as evidence, at least read it first. Moron.

Aba Paulos aka
Ankasa Doro aka
Mamo Qilo aka
Yehager Shimagele

The Amhra culture lacks "to agree to disagree."

Here we go again, dummy Amhras as usual denying facts, once again living up to their childish retarde mode of selective reality.

No wonder why Ethiopia was so the poorest nattion in the world. After all, Ethiopia was ruled by this lazy braindead dummy Amhras for the last 200 years.

Please for give me for my french.

Email: Bya@yahoo.com

City: Washington Dc

Mr Awoke,
The whole international media and the western world have been labeling the PM as "the most progressive and visionary" leader of Africa. So was also, Esayas Afeworki. But the people of Ethiopia know a different Meles: the most deceptive and cunning leader in the history of that country who doesn't have his country and people at heart. Oh my lord, how many Ethiopians did also fall for his "intellegence". Not any more my Bro.
By the way, Colonel Mengistu was also refered as the most "dynamic and revolutionary leader" by "PRAVDA". Of course there were also thousands like you who were singing "yekoratu Meri..". Keep singing, but the issue is even for the most "intellegent leader in this world", 15 years is more than enough.

How come only Amhras have problem with Prime Minster Meles Zenawe ? ?
Are The Amhras still mad because they lost the election, and lost power monopolization in Ethiopia ?
because, From now on there won`t be no more Amhra domination of Ethiopia. From now on ethiopia is belong all ethiopians, else Ethiopia will be destroyed in perpetual terms.

Email: Chala12@Hotmail.com

City: CO..

It always bothers me when facts are distorted in one way or another and put to public use for sinister purposes. Stiglitz even claimed that Meles is an economist by training....while he is just a high school graduate with a two year college training.

Meles is intellegent for his level of education and yet that does not justify his terrorist tactics and history to mislead the country into ethnic politics and imposing policies that are clearly against the national interest. As to the Yara scandal, we must turn our attention to ways and mechanisms by which our oppostion should be heard by greedy merchants. I think slogans and protests have little meaning to such merchants. We must be able to speak a language that they understand, a language that affects their bottom line, a language that burns their market. That is when YARA and its alikes will pay attention to our frustration for bribing our public officials whose policies are keeping millions in mesery and poverty.

Isayas was referred to as another Ghandi by American politicians. Samuel Doe was praised lavishly by Reagan, Noriega in his time, Marcos, Mobutu, and on and on and on. You all know the story. I think!

Western politicians make mistakes, sometimes willingly, sometimes out of carelessness and failure to put in the required effort to investigate situations.

Western economists, too, in their zeal to confirm some ideological bent or another, sometimes blind themselves to obvious failures. Friedman's Chile 'faux-miracle' is an example.

So while what Stiglitz says in not unimportant, we must weigh it with the facts. A glance at Ethiopia's economic and development indicators show that Ethiopia has made little progress over the last fourteen years, and any progress made has been undercut by high population growth. Can't hide from the facts!