Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
THE CUD IS NOT ACKNOWLEDGING THE IDEA OF JOINING THE PARLIAMENT!!

The Report below could be located at::

http://www.sudantribune.com/article_impr.php3?id_article=11568
------------------------------------------------------
Sun, Sep 11, 2005 21:42 UT

Ethiopian opposition consider boycotting new parliament
Saturday 10 September 2005.
Sept 10, 2005 (ADDIS ABABA) — Ethiopia’s main opposition coalition is considering boycotting the new parliament, saying rules that were passed at the last minute by the old legislature were intended to clip their powers and intimidate opposition lawmakers.

The new rules stipulate that only parties with 51% of seats in the legislature could propose motions and present an agenda to the parliament, Hailu Araya, spokesman of the main opposition Coalition for Unity and Democracy (CUD), said Saturday.

The rules were intended to cripple the powers of opposition parties that won 174 seats in the 547-seat parliament during the May 15 elections - a big jump from the 12 they held after polls in 2000, he said. Previously, parties with 20% of seats were allowed to present motions in parliament.

(AP/ST)
-------------------------------------------------

May God bless the Great Ethiopia and its people!!!!

Re: THE CUD IS NOT ACKNOWLEDGING THE IDEA OF JOINING THE PARLIAMENT!!

Say no to hatred,

CUD and UEDF are astute political operatives. They are rendering Meles and company lifeless. Yilma, do you think you owe me an apology or you are going to refuse on technicality? I was right and you were wrong. I called this one right on the money. Go ahead apologize so I can tell you "that is fine, brother that is fine!"

Ankasa Doro

Ethiopians Majority (Non Amhra Ethiopians) should ignore The Amhra dominated Political party (CUD), after all The Amhras only represent only 14% of Ethiopians population.

Email: Zelalem@yahoo.com

City: Maryland

Dear Mamo you got that so right, my brother. Members of the opposition parties(both the CUD/UEDF) are proving to us, how they are now the result of their PROPER education,,,,not the result of degree earned through correspondence studies. No wonder, they are out of "ethnic boxes". May God bless them all!!

This is a great and expected move by the CUD. And we shouldn't be surprised to hear similar tone and message, from their final announcements (both CUD/UEDF), not to join the parliament. I believe it is expected to be released sometimes over the next 10 days or so. They are well educated, well-behaved and life experienced to know what is expected from them.

Mamo:: Appreciating your sense of humor too. I hope Yilma comes to you saying: "Mamo, you won the bet,," and you say: "Ahh,,Never mind brother"..love that>>> ..Let's hope he will say that...

May this Year be "THE" year for Ethiopia to see, great social and governmental policies that defend and provide human rights and democracy to all mankind in the face of our beautiful land!!!

May God bless the Great Ethiopia and its people!!!

The Amhra dominated Political party (CUD) lost the 2005 election, and will lose The coming 2010 election, because...

97% of CUD`s Leadership is dominated by Single Tribe (Amhra Tribe).

I understand The Amhras and The Amhra dominated Political party (CUD) frustration and wanted to go back the old Amhras heydays (Total Amhra domination of Ethiopia), But that will never happen again. Amhras heydays are gone! From now on Ethiopia is belong to all Ethiopians, else Ethiopia will be destroyed in perpetual terms.

Email: Bya@yahoo.com

City: Washington Dc

Non Amhara Ethiopian,

you sound like a broken record. How are you? You seem desperate and a moron. Are you?

Ankasa Doro

Now EPRDF wants CUD to boycott parliament.

The Oromia state government is rubbing its hands to be able to prepare a list of candidates to administer Addis until elections can be held.
President Girma has the list of MPs from NEBE for he will chair them until they elect speaker.

The 2010 election between will be culprit Amhras and oromos.

The coming 2010 election will be very interesting one, because The people of Oromos will be challenging the Amhra dominated Political party (CUD) to end Amhras domination (Colonization) of Oromos land ( Addis Abeba).

Addis Ababa will be put in place and cut to size long before the next election.
65 million ethiopians have had enough with baylon. A city that dances to her own tunes while the old empire was burning and starving.
From here on Addis Ababa will be saved from her drunken behaviour before it becomes mogadishu.
It will be made to realize that its only a city.
Hosting the federal government doesn't mean governing the federation.
Ethiopia is a lot more than Addis Ababa. EPRDF should never do what Janhoy did, a dancing Addis while the empire starves and on fire.

Mr.Awalom, i could`t say it better my self. You are on the money brother.
There won`t be no Amhra drunkards will be destroying Ethiopia no more.
Speaking of Janhoye, who ever that tribalist Amhra king real name was, did you know that he banned the entire hundreds of starving Wolloyes from entring the city (Addis Abeba), because it happen to be Jaohyes birthday. This the kind of Amhra leader this days Amhras proping about.
Beside,The federal governemnt should recognize that Addis Abeba and the reast of Shewa Porovince is belong to Oromos, not these culprit Amhras. because historically Shewa Province included Addis Abeba is is belong to Oromos, not Amhras. thus The Amhras must surrender Shewa Province included Addis Abeba to the Original owner (The great people of Oromos).