Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ethiopian Somali Democratic Council

Dear Member:
We would like to inform you that Ethiopian Somali Democratic Council is meeting with Prime Meles and discuss the issues of Somali Region and the overall ethiopian political condition.
We are encouraging all Ethiopian Somali to participate in this private meeting with the Prime Minister Meles Zenawi.
This is the time to expose the people who want to destroy the Ethiopian constitution particularly article 39. This is your change to meet face to face with Meles and explain your position.

Email: shirdons@yahoo.com

City: Washington DC

Re: Ethiopian Somali Democratic Council

Ibrahim,

I think that is an excellent idea. No one seems to see him and all his request to meet with high level American officeials, including Condi Rice has been rejected (so tells me my republican friend). You can meet with him and there is no need to set a specific time. People can come anytime of the day. He would be happy to see you. Try to keep your dignity. the way you are ging you will kiss the sole of his shoe. I mean no one would see it is a private meeting. I feel sorry for Meles.

Remember you were not able to meet with the Governer of Tigray wehn he was in DC. Now you have all day long with the prime minister. Time seems to have changed. Sorry to deflate burst your bubble.

Ankasa Doro aka
Mamo Qilo

Dear Mamo:
You can play game with the English language; however, Ethiopian Somali are meeting with the Honorable Prime Minister, Meles Zenawi in New York. I know that you are jalous and very mad. Ethiopia has changed and your kind of people are left in the cold.
Thanks to the Ethiopian Somali Democratic Council.

Ibrahim,you love Melse so dearly and how come you never answer what Mamo asked you?i'll ask your little brain,how come Melese refused the muslims in mekele to built mosque?

Email: DillingerJ1@aol.com

City: DC

I think Meles knows what is waiting him in New York,
He is trembling when he thinks about the Ethiopian community over there.
What he is trying to do now is how to distribute his ethnic venom politics,
his religion venom politics. His ammunition is article 39, of his constitution.
By using this he will try to divide Ethiopians and weaken the planned demonstration.
He is going to tell our brothers from the Somali region - “ Look I have brought this article
to the constitution in order to give you independent up to secession, but the opposition
denies you that”. He will tell to our Oromo brothers and sisters the same story.
I plead Ethiopians from all ethnicity not to fall on this tyrants trap. We have seen what
He has done to our Country and people for the last 14 years.
At last let this Ethiopian New Year bring our Country a new government!

Email: h,y.paulos@wp.pl

City: Wloclawek

Dear Ibrahim,

Can you tell me why Meles didn't conduct the election at the same time as the rest of Ethiopia. I will tell you why, he doesn't think you are that important.

African men like you scare me, because if the likes of Mosolini were alive today, you will sell Ethiopia to them.

You should thank your lucky start that you are under the Ethiopian flag, because Main-land Somalia have been in a mess since the 90's and there is no end in sight. So I don't know what your dream is to gain independence from Ethiopia and then what, join Somalia? That might be a good idea, then we will have less starving people under the Ethiopian name, just like what is happening in Eritrea, so in some ways it is a blessing in disguise.

You remind me of those ungrateful musilim men, who live and enjoy what a christian country offer them (freedom), and then turn around and kill them. I guess all you want is mess. And all those men who have been hijacking ships carrying food for starving somalians. Have you actually done anything to help those Somalians who were affected by the Sunami? (I have never seen you talk about it), apart from the christian countries, there is no one willing to help the Somalies, your oil rich muslim brothers have turn their back on you, as they always have done in crisis.

What I don't understand is, why are you people scared of UNITY, people living together?

Peace and Unity to Ethiopia

City: AA

Ibrahim,

I promised to have only substantive discussion in the new year. Let me ask you with adulationa dn greate expectation. When the governor of Tigray was in DC your request to meet him was not granted. The high official wa busy.

Now you have the prime minister all day long. I said he is free since none other than one relatively low level official from the state department is granting his request fr a meeting. The police would not allow Meles to venture out, given the massive demonstration that is expected against him. So he has tons of time. That means you can meet with him all day long in his hotel room. Please tell the Prime Minister, Happy Sinking.

Ankasa Doro

Dear Ethiopian:
Below said:
1) He is going to tell our brothers from the Somali region - “ Look I have brought this article
to the constitution in order to give you independent up to secession, but the opposition
denies you that”. He will tell to our Oromo brothers and sisters the same story.

With all your respect, tell us what is the options that CUD has to replace article 39. The answer is none and you are only thinking to bring back the hegemony of one ethnic group - Amhara
If I am mistaken, tell us what will be the solution that will help all Ethiopian to live on equal foot and peace.
2)DillingerJ1 to you narrow and hallow interpratation, I should remind you that more fifty pecent of ethiopian population are muslim and they are doing fine after EPRDF took the power.
Muslim are better off to live and exercise their faith in the Meles regime than Derg and Haile who used to destroy mosques.
3)Mina said :
You should thank your lucky start that you are under the Ethiopian flag, because Main-land Somalia have been in a mess since the 90's and there is no end in sight. So I don't know what your dream is to gain independence from Ethiopia and then what, join Somalia? That might be a good idea, then we will have less starving people under the Ethiopian name, just like what is happening in Eritrea, so in some ways it is a blessing in disguise.

Somali will overcome this mess and will rule their country that is why we are telling to Meles to leave Somali issue to solve by somali and do not be fool to practice the old formula that he got from villain Haile Sillassie and Derg regimes. Somalis, Ethiopian, Eritrean, and The rest of Horn of africa should live in peace; however, the Hutu Amhara elites not the poor and innocent ones should find another place to live.

Ibrahim,

We said go ahead and baby sit Meles. He willbe by himslef stranded in a hotel. What more do you want us to say than encouraging you to go to NY. Take a set of cards. You may find plenty of time on your hands to play pocker with the sitting duck.

With respect and adulation. Let us close this topic. You are happy to meet with him. We are happy you are happy. What mre is there to discuss. Again sorry for pocking your bubbles and making them burst. It is part of the game. Happy sinking brother happy sinking. One thing I can assure you is that there will be more Somali Ethiopians outside protesting than those who are sipping tea and playing card with the deflated prime minister. Let us end it here.

Ankasa Doro

Dear Ibrahim,

2 Points.

1. Meles will be your freind when he needs you. Like what he did with his Eritrean freinds, once he is done with you, he will corner you and he will fight with you. I wish you all the best with the meeting and I hope you will get what you want.

2. You keep mentioning Hailesilasse, may i remind you Haile Selassie is half Amarah (father Ras Mekonennen W/Gudessa) and half hareria his mather W/Ro Yeshimebet Ali - Abajifar, who is from Harere and also a muslim and Haile Selassie is also was born in Harere. So once agin your effort to accuse the Amarah is just childish. Just because a person speaks english that doesn't mean they are English, also just because a person speaks Amaharic, it doesn't mean they are Amarah.

You said Hailesilasse and Dergue killed islam in Ethiopia, do you have any evidence of that. Even the Italians have come and gone, governments had come and gone, but no one have the power to destroy our two main religions from our country. With the way things are going you would probably end up introducing the Sharia law. God help us. I do hope and pray that you will get your independence, very soon.

I know it is easy to put the blame on someone when TPLF is killing people in 2005. Pleas try to come up with another argument with a strong fact.

Unity and Love to Ethiopia

Mina
I love the unity of Ethiopia when all people are respect and treat equally. I do not see the hegemony of Amhara to be equal to the unity of Ethiopia.
Thanks to Meles who saved Ethiopian to be united.
On the question of religion, your lies will not fly and Haile was the worst enemy of Muslim. He was the one who created the myth " Ethiopian to be an island of Christian surrended by Muslim". I can sense that you are still living in the mindset of looking Ethiopia from the northern perspective; however, new Ethiopian has elected all its children on equal basis. For example, Somali ethiopian have been elected to be Ministers in Ethiopian and the next house of speaker will be Somali, a good friend of mine Mr. Dirir. Do you know that he was refugee when your beloved Derg was ruling?
Moreover, I hope that you secede fom your region and find another country that will allow to impose your " Waf language" and your cheap mentality geared to be the exploiter of the raw material. No wonder Ethiopian was the bottom country in the world.
when I meet with Meles, I will tell him to allow you your people to secede immediately. Then, we all have a peace of mind and channel our time and effort to improve the lives of ethiopian people.

Dear Ibrahim,

I wish you all the best for your quest for independence.

Love to Ethiopia

Dear Mina=Mamo:
I wish you all the best that you rule Ethiopia in hereafter, but the problem is you will go to Hell.

To Mina,
"You remind me of those ungrateful musilim men, who live and enjoy what a christian country offer them (freedom), and then turn around and kill them."

Your comments are offensive and absolutely have no place in this forum. Ali’s religion has got nothing to do with this discussion.
Here you go dividing us once again Christian/Muslim. and you keep talking about unity.
practice what you preach!

Email: dire@hotmail.ca

City: toronto

I meant Ibrahim's religion.
sorry.

Geramej,

Can you tell us the difference between Ali's and Ibrahim's religion.

Aba Paulos aka
Yegimel Chira

Geramej,

Please do accept my apology, I didn't mean to insult Ibrahim, what I was trying to say, when I say christian I meant the USA and EU.

As far as I am concerned they are not islamic country. I still stand by my view as, when people have been looked after by a country (in the case of the recent boming in London) all the guys were, looked after by the state (UK), and then they go ahead and do such a stupid thing. You might support them but I find it evil. Imagin young man like that ruling our country. We are talking about Sharia law.

As I am glad you have highlighted my comment about Islam, you seem to forget Ibrahims nasty comments about the Amarah, unless you hate Amarah's as well.

Love to Ethiopia

OK let me try again.

Ibrahim's religion, or Muslims from other nations have absolutely nothing to do with this discussion.

Why are you talking about suicide bombers, Sharia law. How are these two topics related to Ibrahims comments?

HOW BIZZARE! Keep talking, your true colours are showing.

Hello All,

Ibrahim thanks for all your effort of defending somali-ethios in this forum.

for the rest of you, FYI:

THE PRESIDENT OF TIGRAY DID MEET WITH THE WEST COAST BRANCH OF ETHIOPIAN SOMALI DEMOCRATIC COUNCIL. HE TOOK OUR MESSAGE TO THE PRIME MINSTER HIMSELF, HENCE PRIME MINISTER WANTING TO MEET WITH US IN NEW YORK.

IBRAHIM GREAT JOB ONCE AGAIN.........................

cheers,

City: Dire Dawa

Samal,

We are happy the president of Tigray met with you in the west cost. I wish he did the same for those who were keen to meet with him in the east cost.

We wish you a nice meeting and pocker game. In one of his messgaes sometime ago Ibrahim wrote the Prime Minister kills somalis to show America he is fighting against terrorism. You may wie=sh to ask the prime minister t stop illing innocent somali ethiopian and claiming that they were alqaidas. That is if you believe Ibrahim's story.

Saml, I understand Ibrahim plans to kiss the sole of Meles to show his respect infront of you all. Please keep your dignity, sterech your hands for a hand shake. Do not fall on your knees to kiss his shoe. I mean somalis are proud people and you guys should be proud too. Happy pocker game. Who knows he may order cheeseburger for you in his hotel room.

Abo Paulos aka
Ankasa Doro aka
etc

Dear Ankasa Doro,

We are aware of everyones motives and no one would be licking meles boots. we are meeting with him for our people's interest.we would like to have a one on one with the PM. i will assure you that it will be a heated debate of our issues and what the federal gov't is doing to improve our poor regions development. Thst id all

Dear Samal,

You sound a proud person. When you are proud and firm on your stand you get respected. It is a Somali culture. May be it is because of people like you that the President of Tigray region met with you.

It is the likes of Ibrahim who have made bootlicking an art that resulted in the refusal of the Tigray President to meet with them in Washington.

Your message gave me confidence that you are aware of Ibrahims motives in making boot licking a science. I raise my hat to you. With respect.

Hope that you would share your discussion with all of us. I hope you would ask him why he has killed so many Somali Ethiopians? I hope you also would ask him to get rid of TPLF control of other ethnic based political parties. From what you wrote I have tremendus respect for you and have full confidence that you would stand firm on your principles. If Ibrahim starts to lick boots, please scorn him in Somaligna.

Aba Paulos aka
Ankasa Doro aka
Joro Tebi

By the Way, Joro Tebi would like to be your friend.

Sheridon said there is going to be a somali minister in Woyane parliament....
The question should be- do these so called ethnic representatives serve the people or their masters who appointed them. All the TPLF appointed ethnic henchmen in the Oromom, Amhara, Somali etc regions only serve their TPLF masters who appoint them. The likes of Junedin Jaddo for the oromo, Berekehet Simon who stole votes and self-elected himself for wollo region are known criminals.

Take the example of Isayas Afeworki as well, he is a Tigre from Mekele and speaks Tigrigna, but is the most vicious dictator worse than Mussoloni. The skin colour of the person, his birth or ethnicity does not guarantee freedom, justice, equality for the people such despots claim to represent.

People like sheridon should look outside the box and see the world as it is.
Sheridon, watch out, Zenawi will deport you from Addis Abeba to wherever, when he has finished with you; like he has done with Eritreans

To all CUD member,

You are fighting for your people(Amhara only) and we are doing the same thing for our people. This is politics and we are playing cards. What is your stand on article 39? Do Amharas trust Ethiopian somalis? The answer is NO. And we don't trust you because of your past oppresion and domination of the somali ethiopians. Why CUD leaders are from derg and hialsilase left over? Why not the young generations?

Great Job ESDC!!!

City: Pomona

When are these CUD hooligans going to learn to stop bihereseb manquashesh?
Don't they get it, that ethiopians can discuss their issues with civility and humility.
The culture of feckera and gurra has to give way to the culture of humility and civility.

Thats the new ethiopia. Its about time CUDites learned this new (our anscestor's )culture.

Dear Ankasa Doro,

Indeed somalis are very proud people, however in every group there are some spoilers.i hope you understnad there are some that have self-interest and are using the poor somali-ethios to advance their careers or whatever hidden agenda they might have.we are well aware of them.

your question is in our list, so no worries. BTW, the ESDC isn't the ONLY somali party standing for the interest of the somali-ethiopians;-) we will be sharing the discussion with the participant of this forum.

Cheers,
Samal

Samal,

My hat is raised for you. I am sure the merciful and the compasionate Alah will be on the side of those who stand on principle.

Ankasa Doro

"stand up and fight for you right" by legendry bob
ethiopian who will come in new york have to ready conter demonastration we have a right to give our support,so cud do`t thing only your supporters only come and we will see ,we coming out not by 100 by thousand .
every ethiopian have a right to express his right
we will show a force you will never see it.

Email: abdulnasir@cox,net

City: washington

Are you sure you can match:
CUD
Shaebia
Mogadishu warlords?

Just like at the Yara price. These are the only noisy groups in the horn, that never raised a finger to injustice, buthery or the world bank refusing ethiopian waterworks on egypt's behalf.

DEAR Liban,

Somalis defended their fellow Ethiopians when the TPLF authorised the OLF's attack on the local people in Harar. Somalis will not be instruments of the TPLF,believe me

As for the issue of seccesion, I would like the Ethiopian people to support a referrendum for Tigrai to go its own way, for a start.

This doesn't work. Can you try sending CUD to somali state instead of EPRDF and get results? No way. CUD would be good at starting new fires that they have no idea how to extinguish.
Its good in a way that you have no clue as to the preference of the citizens from that state.Given the choice from CUD or EPRDF, the somali state would go EPRDF in a 100 to one of CUD.
Thats the reality.

Dear Liban and Samal:
Thank you to support our people. The settler will not understand the language of equality and justice. They are only thinking to exploit the resourse of Somali Region.
However, they will not cross an ant a street. They are just barking like wild dog in Washington DC while Somali Ethiopian are preparing to meet and discuss a serious agenda with Meles.
In addition, CUD want to dominate and rule with old style of neftegna people such Mamo ( Haile Goshu) and Getachaw and Mesfin Haile Mariam who used to Somalis are the child trouble of Horn of Africa

Ibrahim,

don't be disappointed, by the few hooligans here. You have made your choice to be ethiopian, in an ethiopia that recognizes your choice to mange your affairs and govern yourself, equal to other states.
Don't be worried with CUD slogans. They will not govern ethiopia by making chaos or coup in Addis.
All bihereseboch are now strong enough to defend their rights. No fascist derg or absolute monarch Janhoy has the power to reverse things back to war and destruction.

Yes, the oil companies are coming to the neighborhood, and with oil comes trouble. Just be careful with them.

As for CUD the majority of ethiopians don't like them, nor their derg fascist past.

Hello All,

Somali-Ethiopians for Democracy(SED) from California would be attending a meeting with PM Meles and i urge ESDC to work with this group of representative that we will be sending to NY along with local TPLF leaders of California Tigray Development.

Ibrahim and Harar this is a litmus test for the ex-WSLF freedom fighters to see if they are indeed transparent and inclusive and to see whether they stand to defend the rights of somalis.this will show us if you are indeed up for supporting young minds,who aren't infected with the Qabiil disease.we appreciate your hard work for all these years. SED is a very young organization established in California to promote democracy and to protect the somali region people's rights in the Ethiopian federation by peacful means.

I am sure that we are all intending well for our folks however, i would hate to see us fight for attention and would absolutly look forward to meet with ESDC before our engagment with the PM.

let us know if you are open to discuss our agendas before hands???

Regards,
Samal

Samal,

I am from California and I never heard this movment. I met with Tigray president and I never saw any other group beside ESDC. So why suddenly you want so much attention. This was achieved by a lot of hard work and Professor Shirdon gets all the credit. The train is boarding, please get in and join us.

City: Los Angles

liban,
godspeed.Don't be discouraged by some CUD hooligan language and manquashesh. Just ignore them. They are not accepted in most of the country. They didn't have a candidate to contest election in 123 constituencies in the country.
They are so arrogant they declare victory in Addis Ababa to govern the country. They are not polite, humile and civil as most ethiopians are. That fact should tell you that, CUD is not mainstream, nor majority in ethiopia.

The days of some dictating others of culture, language and heritage are gone, never to return. We are all ethiopians by choice and proud of it.We just have to develop and make it healthy, strong and attractive for all to stay together and more from the area to want to join us in alliance, federation or good neighborhood.

CUD is just a noisy bunch, from a spoiled city, that don't care about the outerlands. Addis Ababa is all of ethiopia for this weird collection, the rest doesn't count for them. The rest is there to be told. They have no hope of winning hearts and minds anywhere in the rest of the country. Thats why they try and still trying to come to power by an Addis Ababa coup.

Let these rifrafs not bother you. They are just like the english soccer hooligans. no morals, no manners, only feckera, gurra and bihereseb manquashesh. Thats all they are good at and thats goodfornothing in ethiopia.

Liban,

I have no problem with ESDC or with the professor, i know that the ultimate goal is to protect somali-ethio interests. so we actually have more in common if not all. Somali-ethio for Democracy is a young organization that is establsihed in California by University students and young professionals who got tired sick of old minds with no results. i am not sure how active you are in the west coast but it is an org that is in its infancy.

I beleive some memebers of SED have tried contacting ESDC to get more insight to ESDC mission,vision and Goals but no one seem to take them seriously. from what i hear they were going to consolidate the two groups but no one took the young minds seriously hence the solo effort.

Brother Liban, not all somalis that attended the meeting in San Jose were ESDC memebers, 90% of them didn't know what ESDC stood for, let alone know its goals and missions.i think you are mistakenly or by default counting every somali-galbeed in the meeting as ESDC memember.

we don't have any problem with joining the struggle with ESDC and we aren't seeking any attention.if you have read my post it specifically URGES ESDC to bring this org in its arms. we just believe that we should be responsible for the future of the region's development.

cheers,
Samal

Awalow,

COULD YOU PLEASE STAY OUT OF OUR DISCUSSION.........STOP THIS CUD,AND CUD THAT . I THINK THIS THREAD IS SPECIFICALLY FOR SOMALI-ETHIOS. SO FIND A CUD DISCUSSION SOMEWHERE IN OTHER THREADS AND DON'T DERAIL OUR DISCUSSION HERE.WE REALLY NEED TO TALK TO OUR FOLKS ABOUT ISSUES PERATINING TO OUR PEOPLE,SOMALIS.
I HOPE YOU AINT OFFENDED.

MANY THANKS,
SOMALIS IN THIS FORUM

Samal,

Very positive, let's join hands and work together for the sake of our people.

City: San Jose

Liban,

From what i sense, you seem to be an ESDC memeber and i have few questions here: how active of a memeber are you and how big is this organzation in the west coast or in general in North America? Do you have offices or websites etc.....i know the professor is spear-heading this org.

thanks
Samal

Samal,Liban and the shirdons,

Don't count out the ONLF armed struggle forces.you should work really hard to reconcile and create a common front to fight oppression.

Guul!

Onlf for life,

We are ready whenever you are....brother. we are longing for the days when ONLF brothers will put down their arms and come home:-)

Peace..........
Samal

Ibrahim,Mamo asked you a simple question you still mombling,why don't you answer?i'll remind you one again the question,''why Mekele residences refused the building of mosque''answer this first before you post any thing substance.

Dear Samal and other Somali Ethiopian:
Please do not waste your time to be used and pit one agaisnt another. Mamo and all the screen names are the same person who is thinking to undermine Somalis.
Amhara settler are the enemy of all Ethiopian people and they want to destory what the poor people have built. Do not you see Mamo's writing and how much is undermining Somalis?
Thank God that you are not ruling Ethiopia and we have to work hard that these fascist people rule again.
Let us discuss what will be the agendas that you want we discuss with Meles.

Ibrahim,don't you think you have enogh democracy in ER forum than any one else?as for you blaming my ancesters for your missery perhaps what you mean by settlers?we all know Somalis are settlers from Indian ocean and near islands perhaps India?

I am clueless about ESDC
can some body say some thing.
war waa war igu cusub magacani
ee bal ka warama waxa uu yahay
gorta la as aasey iyo cida assasstey.

Ibrahim,

What people are asking you stop selling you people to serve the interest of the cery person who is killing them and condemning them as international terrorists. You yourself admited on this forum in writing and in explicit way that Meles condemns Somali Ethiopians as international terrorists and kills them on regular interval to get support from the US. Did you not. If you deny this, can you tell us what exactly you wrote. Remember it is in the arhive and it can be checked. You are a shameless agent of TPLF and a disgrace. Are you not, sir?

And now you are trying to tie your comatriots in knots and present them to Meles. The agenda should not be approved by the Embassy. It should be ageneral agenda to discuss Issues relevant to the Somali region of Ethiopia.

Ask him why he denied Muslim Ethiopians their right to build a place of worrship in Adwa Ask him also why does he kill Somali Ethiopians on predictable rate.
Ankasa Doro