Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Qestion to Ato Yilma

Dear Ato Yilma,

Let me start by Saying Enquan Le Zemene NeTsanet Adereseh! Freedom is in the air. Please allow me to propose a new year with sound discussion and reasoned argument. Permit me also to take the liberty to ask you a question or two, with the utmost addulation and hightened expectation.

First, what do you think of Ato Gebreselassie and Dr. Ibrahim? Do you see them contributing anything to this forum? Ato Ethiopian, who is no friend of the opposition, for example, said that Ato Gebreselassie is a blind supporter of TPLF regardless of the deeds or misdeeds of the party. Do you agree? Do you think I am a blind supporter of the opposition?

Second, Do you think the government should accept the joint proposal advanced by CUD/UEDF in the interest of moving forwar? Or do you think the opposition has lost and should join the new parilament as a minority loyal party? Or do you think EPRDF may have cheated, but regardless of that the opposition should join as a minority party? This I believe is the position of Ato Ethiopian.

I value you reasoning though I do not share your views. I would be very much interested to hear what you position is and what the reasoning behind your position may be.

Let us start the New Year with sound and reasoned discussion and carry on. Ato Ethiopian do not hesitiate to jump in. I still think it would be nice if you honor your bet and pay up.

Happy New Year for all peace loving and freedom seeking Ethiopians. Happy sinking for those who champion anti-democratic forces.

Zemene NeTsanet aka
Ankasa Doro

Re: Qestion to Ato Yilma

Ato Yilma,

Zemene NeTsanet, has submitted his questions to you with adulation and grate expectation. Let us hear your reply. With respect resubmited on behalf of Ankasa Doro.

Joro Tebi

Selam to all

I hope everyone had a great Ethiopian New Year. I am back to work, and find out that Mamo had a list of questions for me seeking for my humble opinions. The man who brags about “rendering people lifeless in a NY second”, the ones he doesn’t like their opinions, seems disoriented and clueless. No offense intended here, Signor!

Mamo:

Let me start with your last paragraph. You wrote, “lets us start the New Year with sound and reasoned discussion”.

I could not agree more. Some of the postings I read on this forum are not comforting, for “reasoned discussion”. I read a lot of sentimental and yet repulsive ideas expressed and posted on this forum. It is even more frightening when expressed in the name of democracy by those who wish “better days” for Ethiopia. The fact is that free speech is free speech, however abhorrent it may be, and there is very little to do anything about it. If one could get paid for innuendos and name calling, some of you would have been millionaires by now, of course Mamo leading the pack. Your recognition of the need for sober and dispassionate discussion is a good start. It would also help if you stop talking to yourself under different aliases; it is hard to engage in “sober” discussions if your sanity is questionable. That said, let me answer your questions.

Question# 1/ “Should the government accept the joint proposal?” My answer is no. Any one who believes that EPRDF would disband itself to “form provisional government” needs to seek psychiatric treatment. On the one hand you guys consider the ruling party as “an evil force which must be eliminated.” On the other, you want to form a joint government “on the basis" of May 15 election results. The opposition had its opportunity to stay put and peacefully battle for “fair and transparent” results; it fumbled and lost the ball. As far as I am concerned, the election is over.

Question # 2/ “Is the opposition going to join parliament?” My answer is yes. If they don’t, it is going to be another political miscalculation they would later regret. They are too smart not to (They being CUD, Dr Beyene and Dr. Merrara).

Question # 3/ “Did EPRDF cheat?” In Addis and some other major cities, I don’t believe they did. I would be surprised, however, if they had not manipulated the numbers elsewhere. The hard truth about this election is that EPRDF came too close to loosing its power,by peaceful means, and Ethiopia is moving towards multi party political culture. That is the real story of May 15, 2005.

Question # 4/ ”What do you think of Ato. Gebreselassie and Dr. Ibrahim?” Personally, I dont know them. Based on their participation on this forum, they seem very decent people. Sadly, differences of opinions often degenerate in to name calling; you lead the pack without shame- I must add. Your expertise in the name calling business is unblemished.

Question # 5/” Do you think I am a blind supporter of the opposition?” As I indicated, there is a lot to be desired about your civility. You don’t seem to have ay agenda to promote other than expressing your hatred towards EPRDF. As far as I know, the same goes for UEDF. It does not have a political manifesto to solve Ethiopia’s real problems. The 12 or so organizations that made up UEDF, excluding Dr. Beyene and Dr. Merrara, formed alliance for political expediency not of shared values, hence no common political agenda. The road to democracy is a process not a zero-sum game, which I think is a notion that seems to be so alien to the “burger munching” politicos and UEDF.

For those who support EPRDF, I have the following to say:

If blaming the “amharas” is the only defense you have in the current political discourse, shame on you. It is an obsolete argument that would not help you in today’s increasingly integrated communities. Your party has been in power for the last 15 years. If blaming single ethnic group is the only reasoning you can come up with, that is the political version of “Interhumwee”(sp?). Argue on your records of accomplishments, if you have any.

With Love to all, as usual!

Yilma,

Are you still biased on UEDF after our New Year? Do you hate UEDF as EPRDF?

You wrote:

"As far as I know, the same goes for UEDF. It does not have a political manifesto to solve Ethiopia’s real problems. The 12 or so organizations that made up UEDF, excluding Dr. Beyene and Dr. Merrara, formed alliance for political expediency not of shared values, hence no common political agenda."

CHECK their web site for their alternative economic proposal and for others at www.hebret.com.

We didn't see any such proposal from CUD.

Gebeyehu

Selam Gebeyehu

I dont hate any organization or individual. I did not mean to give you that kind of impression.

With Love!

Selam to all

On another thread Mamo posted his reply:

I am going to deliver Ato Yilma lifeless in a Meles Second. And you have my word for it!

Here is the exchange Ato Yilma and I have in a different tread:

My Question Number 1: “Should the government accept the joint proposal?”

Yilma Responded: "My answer is no..... The opposition had its opportunity to stay put and peacefully battle for “fair and transparent” results; it fumbled and lost the ball. As far as I am concerned, the election is over."

My Question No. 2: “Is the opposition going to join parliament?”

Yilma Responded: "My answer is yes. If they don’t, it is going to be another political miscalculation they would later regret."

My Question No. 3: “Did EPRDF cheat?”

Ato Yilma Answered: "In Addis and some other major cities, I don’t believe they did. I would be surprised, however, if they had not manipulated the numbers elsewhere."

My Question No. 4: ”What do you think of Ato. Gebreselassie and Dr. Ibrahim?” Ato Ato Yilma Answers: “Personally, I don’t know them. Based on their participation on this forum, they seem very decent people.”

My Question No. 5: ” Do you think I am a blind supporter of the opposition?”
Ato Yilma Answered: “As I indicated, there is a lot to be desired about your civility. You don’t seem to have ay agenda to promote other than expressing your hatred towards EPRDF. As far as I know, the same goes for UEDF. It does not have a political manifesto to solve Ethiopia’s real problems. …. The road to democracy is a process not a zero-sum game, which I think is a notion that seems to be so alien to the “burger munching” politicos and UEDF.

In Summary, This is what Ato Yilma is telling us: "EPRDF has Cheated out side of Addis and some other major cities. It should not share power. And it is the fault of the opposition if they do not join as a minority Party. Never mind UEDF has more votes than OPDO, but it should be discredited. Well it is fine as long as it joins as a minority party. It is reduced to a burger munching bunch if it dares to form a majority party.

What is even amazing and comical is that our attempt to highlight and oppose EPRDF's rigging of the election is seen as "a lot of sentimental and yet repulsive" by Ato Yilma.

Ato Yilma you have been delivered lifeless in A Meles Second. Now let us see if you can manage to resurrect yourself from the mountain of derbies you have piled on yourself. I am watching.

The Mamo Qilo

Mamo

Remember that we still have a bet. When judgment day comes, you are going to “render" yourself "lifeless” either by a New York or Meles second. I wont be cruel; I will let you pick.

With love!

people from the hills are judiciales destructing acapulco making madrizas to men and women honorable such a mess