Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My Republican Friends Refused to Answer My Question

You all know I am well connected and in the know when it comes to the thinking of American Policy Makers on Ethiopia. I have proven that over the last six month by giving you four stories befre the news hit the nes stand.

I called my Republican Friend last night and asked him the following.

In the past the Americans have saved Meles from a house arrest by TPLF, for example right after the Ethio-Eritrean war. Seye and company had him under house arrest and had excluded him from the war committee tey formed. For a month or so Seyoum Mesfin was acting like the head of government and Seye and the former governer of Tigray (Gebru?) were in charge of the military action. But the Americans who regarded Meles as a moderate leader compared to both the Seyes of TPLF and the opposition literally treatened Seye and company not to even think about removing Meles from power and twisted their arms to give Meles his protfolio back.

With this as a background I asked my republican friend "would the US government give a nod of approval if say Syeum Mesfin is to sack Meles, since Meles is now the one who is putting the country in a dangerous path by refusing to compromise with the opposition?" My republican friend told me that "the US is not in coup de etat business. Ethiopians should find a way out of this impass in a peaceful manner". He was unusally deplomatic in his answer.

Yilma is it a wishful thinking on my part but a possibility that Meles is open for sacking? What do you think? How would you have ansewered me if you were my republican friend?

Ankasa Doro aka
Sebara Kirar aka
Mamo Qilo

Re: My Republican Friends Refused to Answer My Question

VJ,

How are you my friend? I like to hear your view on this. Are you observing how I am crippling the tribal bandits on this forum. I mean you have to give me credit. They do not know how to handle me. I am a cruel SOB. Hard to argue with and harder even to ignore. Let me here your views on the conversation I had with my republican friend.

Do you now see the light I have been pointing to or you have thrown your towel and you looking for 2010?

Ankasa Doro aka
Sebara Kirar aka
Mamo Qilo aka
Ethiopia McCarthy

Re: My Republican Friends Refused to Answer My Question

jero tebi,

this is awalom, you know what the name stands for, i hope.
The people that you and the likes call "tigre" has one charcteristic behaviour; that is you don't threaten unless you're going to do it.
Weyane always followed this to a T. Shaebia followed this to a T. Its culture and upbringing that comes from it.
All 3 organizations in eritrea and all three organizations in ethiopia that fell to both groups were dealt with that way.
The rumour that Meles was under house arrest is BS. The Americans wanting him is another even bigger BS.I would give you a point for your contact maybe a bystander, just like during the last elections some in the state department were caught off guard singing the chavez is dictator musharef is reformer song on ethiopia.
It didn't last long for them to know that this song doesn't apply in ethiopia. Rumsfelds song works in ethiopia. whoever can support our military in the horn is democratic or call him any name but is our guy.
Siye and the likes didn't have the right people to put Meles in any position of submission or threat. They both were missing some parts to the chess board including meles and were outwaiting eachother for mistakes.
culture and psychology has a mojor role in this. In our culture you don't say, i will kill you, because the thretened party can kill you from there on. which is preemption.

If siye have said anything like this, it means he has entered the gurra culture, but i don't think so.

As far as this time is concerned, there is no alternative, even if some governments don't like Meles. They all consider cost benefit. Any chaos in ethiopia will be costly for no return and unknown end.