Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Farewell Speech by US Ambassador Aurelia E. Brazeal

degefa,

daka ,i me be poor child but as an ethiopian i need explanation"as you said i me be brainwahsed.but i know for sure one thing CUD has no ground at all in Oromos , in Tigrai somalia Gambela Afar, Benihangul and in most part of nortern people.this constituencies consitute more than 400 %of the the parliamnet seats.i would be glad to hear from any one who has any sound argument that Cud won or could won ion this areas by miracle.
what i donot want to hear is that "EPRDF is so much hated and people do want a change" i am saying this b/s this is the end of the argument of most supporters of CUD. what i want to tell you is that i belive we all are ethiopian.i dont belive on what you call ..true and special ethiopians.and ethiopia should not continue mother for some and step mother for others

Email: bdesalegnb@yahoo.com

City: addis

Degefa,what do you need a mentor to tell you TPLF the best leader you love?it seems you love them then why you in Ethiopian forum?

Email: DillingerJ1@aol.com

City: DC

Degefa,

I saw that you responded to my previous message. Thank you.

Your tone was so poisoned with narrow tibalism that, for a while, I was reluctant to respond to you. This is the kind of thing I also see in PM Meles, Mr Bereket... No surprize if you are one of them. However, for other readers, I would like to briefly say the following.

Although you may physically belong to Ethiopia, because of your belief and atitude of narrow tribalism, you do not seem to reflect an Ethiopian viewpoint, which includes a much broader (and thus fairer) aspect of the country and its people. That was why I noted in my previous message that you sounded like an unEthiopian.

You listed a number of places where you "believe" EPRDF won and CUD lost. Please understand that here (and before) I am not only talking about EPRDF and CUD. I am more concerned about democracy in general and the dictatorship by EPRDF/Meles against the interest of Ethiopian people.

You wrote about the results of the election reported by NEB as if the election was free and fair throughout the country. Everybody knows that this was not the case and the recent EU observes' report is just one testimony for this. However, the Ethiopian people, as participating citizens, know more than what has been reported by EU and others. The only places where the election was free and fair were in those ones where international observers were present and actively involved. In almost all of these places EPRDF lost and the opposition won. Also, in places where voters were more organized and strong to defend their rights, again EPRDF lost and the opposition won. EPRDF was able to claim winning votes mostly in places where it could freely and illegally manipulate the voters or their votes. Even in these places, whenever people tried to resist the manipulation by EPRDF cadres, they were killed, imprisoned, or intimedated... This has been well reported in the media that were not controlled by the government. In some other places opposition party members were not even allowed to register/run. An example for this was Tigrai region where opposition party members were kicked out by EPRDF cadres before voting dates. If you do not call these crude and illegal actions of EPRDF "stealing the votes of the people", what do you then call them. Reliabel projections have shown that if the election in Ethiopia was accried oy freely and fairly definitly EPRDF would be declared a loser big time.

If what EPRDF is claiming now is allowed to happen, democracy will not be realized in Ethiopia. The majority of the Ethiopian people have expreseed that this should not happen. Personally, at this time, I do not really care who wins or loses the election, but I sincerely want the vote of the Ethiopian people to be respected unconditionally and, therefore, democracy to flourish in our country. Unlike you, I am not limiting myself to a certain tribal/ethnic group or party line for ever blindly. I am looking for a choice best representing the interests of our people. I believe, this is the essense of democracy.

Email: wazeleke@yahoo.com

dear….
If I am not mistaken what I gather from your letter is that 1/the election was not fare and free 2/the reason why opposition managed to won in some areas was due to the presence of International observer and the organized effert of the concerned people in certain constituencies.you have also said in tigray region the opposition parties were kicked of by EPRDF cadres befor votiong dates.
I have been hearing this things so many times but any of the arguments hold no water. As far as I know and as it was confirmed by all observer the pre voting process ,including the registration thing was quite good. To be frank I do not think you yourself are convinced by what you said about tigray.neither the Int’l observers nor the opposition parties has said any thing in public.
About the result of the election –the observers where not only in Addis ,some Amhara and gurage constituencies ,they were also in Oromia Tigray Afar and North Ethiopia…….this people were equally organized and strong to defend their rights like people in some amhara and gurage constituencies. so where is the logic………..what I am saying is that you seem to be very much brainwashed by opposition parties propaganda. Pls don’t mistake me for saying there is no problem in our land.i can tell you one thousand and one. but i am optimist things will be changed for good.
The election process and what have been taking place in the past some years has been very encouraging. I am very optimist. lets join hand in hand and contribute something for our beloved land.

Negiso,

You tried to defend Degefa with a job not well done. Almost all what you put as an argument was not true. You simply wrote your own fictitious or diverted ideas as if they are true only to come to the conclusion that EPRDF was the winner. Let readers decide who is telling the truth and who is not.

My friend, you cannot change the fact that the election was not at all free and fair, and EPRDF cannot stay in power under this condition. EPRDF did not only steal the votes of the people, but its leaders also ordered the killing many innocent and unarmed Ethiopians. I know that you know this very fact, but your group wants to rip off the country as much as possible before the rule of the people previals in the country. If the testimony of the Ethiopian people and the evidence from many international observers reported so far are not enough for you to be worried or convinced, please listen to the recent interview given by Herman Cohen who said that the election in Ethiopia was not free and fair. I hope you do not deny this time who Mr. Cohen is. Also, please do not threaten him like what your boss did to MS Ana Gomez.

At the end of your message, you said something like: "Let us join hand in hand and contribute something for our country" Yes, this is a very good idea but I say to you "first thing first". Let us first remove dictatorship and tyrany from Ethiopia and establish a democtratic government that represents the intrests of the Ethiopian people (not that of a few selfish and tribalist individuals). Can you join me for this? That is what the Ethiopian people want to do at this time. Freedom comes before anything else. The people cannot postpone this for some other time in the future, which cannot be garanteed under the tyrany and destructive policy of EPRDF.

I do not subscribe to any of the parties.i'm writting
this not to discrouge the brave and admirable oppossion parties.the possion of EU on who should rule Ethiopia was made clear by there the negative decision they have wrapde up the EPRDF as unfit and
broad-light theif of ethiopian vote!
Not so the AMERICAN racest goverment.Ambassador Aurelia,in her farewell speech has made it clear that
the oppossion should be content with there gain and let the EPRDF form goverment because we THE AMERICAN
GOVERMENT HAVE DECLARED THEM WINNERS.RECENT WHITE
HOUSE STATMENT HAVE CONFERMED THE SAME statment by saying thAt
america expect the formation of new goverment as soon as possible.Many Ethiopians by this statment are miss led .they are in for a big surprised.Know this for sure.Nowhere did the American say EPRDF&KENJET must form a transitional goverment to better prepare for a more transperant democractic election.rather ,the US wants the present ruling party to come up with new goverment of its owen group(EPRDF)
It is therefore futile and absoluteiy illusionary for the oppossions and there supports to enterian the idea that the US is with side of democracy!
If you do not belive me read the statment of ambassador AURELIA E BRAZEAL!

Email: messayewossen@yahoo.com

City: los angFORels

The CUD news thats echoing back to them and they think its everywhere.

1. Some ethiopian created the news that some US official called for unity government.
2. Sudan Tribune quoted it
3. BBC monitoring got it, just like other rumours
4. CUD requotes it from the BBC monitoring

After that its circles.

These folks think that power in africa can be achieved this way. They are used to rumours generated in tejji bet and echo in another part of town.
What a useless bunch of hipocrites these are.

dear ZWA
dear brother
waht i gather from your writing is only generalizations.i would be glad if you dealt with some fo the points i mentioned .the truth is on the ground.i have not heard or read any one including the international observers saying the oppositions won the election.even the opposition did say that they won the election what they say is that there is irregularities here and there.i heard Dr Brhanu saying we have evidence for winnig 154 seats.but this doesnt make them to rule the country even with other parties.
lets not forget one very importnat point.you and me might hate EPRDF, but ethipia is a country for morethan 80 ethinic group. i am worried about ethiopia.i hate destructive politics. i know one thing for sure , EPRDF in its present position has much more base than the oppositions.the opposition namely CUD, had it not been for Dr.Brhanu nega,they would not have half of what they got.lets not forget that CUD is one year old organization.this is my personal opinion.
the other important point is that EPRDF is not as weak as some of you think.i do not think you know this organization very well.this is b/s you are listening to yourself.you do not follow the political development in this country.this time around no one ,no force on earth can over throw EPRDF. we have witnessed some psitive devlopments in this election and in the past some years(,the young but relativly free pressans judiciary..... )lets add valve on them.lets not be destructive.we need more institutions to stengthen our democracy.let's live democracy
we have young,but free press and judiciary.pls.lets work on it and contribute some positive things.

Dear Negiso,

I appreciate your plea but not convincing. It does not work that way, my brother. You have not added any thing useful to what you wrote before. As I mentioned earlier, you and I, and, for sure, many others in Ethiopia know that the points you raised in support of EPRDF are not true. To me, this is not unusual from 14 plus years experience. You did not even want to admit that candidates from the opposition were kicked out of Tigrai. It would be a lie on my part if I claim to provide you specifics of the election procedures in every place in the country at this time, and there is no need for me to do that and lie. But, again, everybody knows that the election was not free and fair across the board. Projections have also shown that if the election was conducted freely and fairly, EPRDF would be a loser. Under this condition a government by EPRDF cannot be considered legitimate, whatever lies and manipulations may be applied to justify. People will not trust this kind of government and no honest Ethiopian and any fair minded person, for that matter, accepts this. This is not at all good for our country and people. If not addressed properly, it will have a long-term negative impact and this worries me very much more than anything else. The simple solution is to put a legitimate government in place, which will be accepted by the Ethiopian people. This can be done if there is a will on the part of EPRDF.

Please do not wrongly assume that I hate EPRDF—not at all. And also I do not have special affiliation to CUD. I wish you also have the same view. I love Ethiopia and its people irrespective of ethnic origin and want the Ethiopian society to be on the path of democracy. I have been in many countries and I have seen many things. I believe that Ethiopian people deserve to be treated respectfully. I object anything that hinders the establishment of democracy in Ethiopia, which EPRDF appears to be doing presently. This is not personal antagonism, etc. As you boastfully noted in you message, yes, EPRDF may stay in power for a while by force using killing machines imported from outside with money obtained from donors for other purposes. This is not civilization and something to brag about but simple barbarism.

CHEBUDE, Lawyer, Debalque etc MORONS:
Can you show me one, just one simple difference between Derg and the TPLF fascists? Can you tell me the difference between serving Derg and TPLF? Can you just show one simple difference between Meles Naziawi and Mengistu H/M? Can you tell the difference between bedeno, arbagugu, sene 1, Murdering Assefa Maru, Murdering university students, Murdering 40 innocent men, women, children,and that of the Derg red terror???? Can you show me the difference between the ethio-Eritre war under Weyane and that of the Derg???? Can show me the difference between losing 100 thousands soldiers within two years and 65 thousands soldiers within 30 years???? Are you in the right frame of your mind when you dare to say Weyane is better than Derg? Can I dare to say you have no sound mind? You are moron number one.
Email: banley@hotmail.com
Email: hagere_ethiopia@yahoo.com

Email: hagere_ethiopia@yahoo.com