Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
THE ETHIOPIAN KINIJIT PARTY

GLORY TO THE BIRTH OF THE ETHIOPIAN KINIJIT PARTY. OUR NATION JUST PASSED A HISTORIC POLITICAL MILESTONE. THESE MUST HERALD THE DEMISE OF TRIBALISM IN ETHIOPIAN POLITICS. LONG LIVE ETHIOPIA, GOOD LUCK TO 'THE KINIJIT PARTY'. OUR GRATITUDE TO THOSE LEADERS OF VISION AND WISDOM. YICHALAL !

Re: THE ETHIOPIAN KINIJIT PARTY

Gebreselassie,

I told you to rent your apartments party room for TPLF leqso.

Mamo Qilo

**** you askale with the CUD

Askale- I know you are too young to be pro-CUD because nearly all CUD's members are aging. And to be one of them you need a gray hair, coarse and volcanic voice. You also need to be a witty story teller. I recommend you join CUD when you are the age of past 70. And if CUD ever wins, you will have state funeral. Askale-Does this make sense?

Email: lidyahaddis@yahoo.com

City: Addis

Askale Dama!

Are you still under hallucination of "YICHALAL" directly aimed for destruction? Shame on you!

I suggest the name Kestedemena All Ethiopian Democratic Union Party (AEDUP), Kestedemena for short.

Selam Askale

CUD is not against the right of Ethiopian nationalities to have a democratic participation in their own country. If your support to Cud is based on that assumption, I am afraid you will be disappointed.

The rest of you who implied that CUD is a party of former Derg officials, I think the minimum you can do is to consult Addis residents. At the present time, CUD is the only party without a Maoist underpinning for open democracy and free market.

Of course with love to all, even including Mamo!

Yilma:

I happen to know the position of CUD [The Kinijit Party] on the right of ethnic groups. I know the Election Manifesto. I also happen to know the mass of Ethiopians who belong to and support KP as well as their views on the right of ethnic groups. I am talking about tribal politics. KP as multi-ethnic national party has heralded, the demise of ethnic based 'parties' in our national life. Time will confirm my statement.

As for the rest of Woyane elements above venting their anger on the formation KP, too bad. There is a season for everything. This is the Ethiopian season. There is one and only one nation - Ethiopia. The rest is for the birds. You get my point. Yichalal!

Askale Dama!

You are blind to admit Ethiopia is a nation with multiple nationalities.

G/Meles,
You surprised me that you people the Woyanes knew Ethiopia is a multi cultural country.

Lemlem!

You are denier!

Dear Askale Dama: Happy New Year to you!! Yes you are absolutely right, May God bless all those who don't need to wear their ethnic-sighted eye glasses, to give their unconditional love, respect and service to all mankind.Happy New Year!!!

May God bless Ethiopia and its people!!!

SAY-NO-TO-HATRED,
Your true love of your country is commendable. I have enjoyed reading your sincere and true messages. I wish you and your family a Happy New Year! Inqutatash!

May God Bless our beloved country Ethiopia and destroy her enemies.

Yilma,

You wrote:

"The rest of you who implied that CUD is a party of former Derg officials"

With all due respect, I am going to say you are LYING. Yes, CUD top leadership were top DERG officials. I will start with Hailu Shawel and go down to Colonel Goshu Wolde, Shaleka sth,etc

Ewinetu

Askale,

I remember you criticisizing me as taking side with one party, UEDF,while I just passed only information about their resolution.Didn't you say let's focus on "National Resistance"? Where is the National Resistance?

Nestanet

Ewinetu,
Ever since CUD has won the election you and your friends have been spreading this propaganda to smear Hailu Shawel. At least the people of Ethiopia chose Hailu Shawel.
If you think Hailu Shawel is so bad for being in the derg regime; what makes you think Meles, the murderer of innocent people is any better? You people are delusional. You are one of those spin master hired by killer Meles himself.

Hailu Shawel never taken a life. But your master Meles is a world known KILLER.

Ethiopia is reborn. The formation of the new party shows the committment of the true sons and daughters of Ethiopia for the cause of our country. For years the Ethiopian people remained leaderless and without direction and fell prey to anti-Ethiopian forces. The opposition were divided, infiltrated by shabia/woyane agents, fought among themselves on petty differences. they cuased so much self inflicted injury on themselves and on the people.

Thank goodness we have finally woken up to the conspiracies of the woyane. Meles makes the woyane agents of shabia and used them to destabilise our country. They looted our country together. no more looting, no more murders, no more suffering. The looters and murderers have been beaten and Ethiopia has prevailed. A new and democratic Ethiopia is emerging. Forward with the EKP.

Selam Ewnetu

You wrote, “With all due respect, I am going to say you are LYING. Yes, CUD top leadership were top DERG officials. I will start with Hailu Shawel and go down to Colonel Goshu Wolde, Shaleka sth,etc”

Serving under former regimes is not a crime. Those former officials alleged to commit heinous crimes during Mengistu regime went to jail several years ago. EPRDF told us as much, and I have no reason to doubt it.

For you to imply criminal background against legally registered opposition parties is less than honest, to say the least. It simply undermines your argument if your argument were to show EPRDF through a better light. It would have the opposite effect. I read and hear similar allegations even through state owned media outlets. If the top brasses at the ruling party spearhead this effort, it is not encouraging at all. One can not build a democratic society without civil culture to support it as its foundation. I think EPRDF can get a lot of PR mileage if it remains on higher grounds.

With love!

Yilma,

So what if they worked under during Mengistu regime? Do you expect all those people who worked during the last regime not to participate in the future of their community? What sort of reasoning is that? A baseless argument! You don’t have to explain all these. Everybody knows and there is no reason to deny these individuals their democratic right to participate in the political life of the country. EPRDF has been killing more people than Mengistu and you should be content that the Ethiopian people have not yet crucified Meles on public.

Please learn to focus toward the future realistically. All of us are responsible for the bad deeds of the past and we will repeat the same mistake if we don’t take that responsibility upon us.

Happy New Year!

Selam Human

Happy New Year to you too. I have no clue about you are telling me on your posting though.

With Love!

Dear Yilma,

I meant to address my previous post to “Ewnetu”. Sorry about that. In any case, my thoughts are with you and God be with you!

With Love!

Yilma,
I never thought you were such a reasonable man. Good judgment.
Happy New Year!

Yilma,

We need to stop accusing one another of doing something in the past. For me the only time we need to discuss these issues is to learn not to make those mistakes again and not to spread hatred against a certain group or individual. But I see the reverse in this forum everyday. That is not the way we can bring democracy to our country. First, we need to learn to compromise and then get united against the evil group of WOYANE. While the moderator has been informed about these events it appears he enjoy it.

Once again I beg everyone taking trash and spreading hatred among certain individuals or groups. Don't waste your time-the Ethiopian people know who is who.

Let's focus on how we can change Woyane and bring democracy to our country.

Nestanet

Melkam Inkutatash:

First, I wish the happiest of Inkutatash to all friends and children of Ethiopia.

Nestanet:

You are right I disagreed with you when you were talking about the exclusive leadership role of Hibiret. I never suggested that KP is the only party, and the only leadership in Ethiopia. I want KP to earn its fame and loyalty of the people. I do not need to prove anything on its behalf. Its work must be its measure. As for Hibiret, it still has to become a multi-ethnic national party or merge with KP. But, you must know that I have nothing but praise and admiration for the fighters of Hibiret.

As for the historic impact of parties like KP, it is well known. It is going to be the true beginning of the clean up of the Woyane ethnic mess. You know what I means. God is not finished with Ethiopia. Yeselam na ye nestanet zemen yehun! Kare leEthiopia!

Askale,

Happy New Year for all of us.

Nestanet

So Nestanet:

Here is my vision, at least for KP. We'll talk about HP when it gets there. I truly believe that KP can register or recruit at least 10, 000, 000 very quickly. Party dues could be crafted according to income of the person. Those without income can pay via party work. Overseas members must pay higher dues. In my view, a national party needs this kind of size to operate 4,000 polling stations. But, there is more to it. KP or HP must not, never, depend on any external NGO for its existence. We are many, we can finance our political life. It is said that there are 26, 000,000 eligible voters. At least 20,000,000 must join or vote for the opposition. KP must launch its structure and building fast. Other opposition parties must work hard to get their houses in order. It is a matter of time that KP, et al will have to govern the nation. The National Resistance is like power of the machine, the party structure and size is the phyical structure of that energy. Let us do it. Yichalal

Askale:

You wrote:

"The National Resistance is like power of the machine, the party structure and size is the phyical structure of that energy."

Good point.

We need to encourage Ethiopians to participate in the politics of their country. They can do it by joining or as support group for the existing political parties and/or civic organizations.

Unlike others, I welcome Ethiopians joining any "Ethiopian" political party except Woyane. Unfortuantely, most of us are selfish. We don't see the future.

Nestanet

Nesanet:

The solution to the problem of participation, if there is one, is to simplify politics, to get rid of old dysfunctional methods of organizing, to make politics local, to get close to the life of the people. KP must organize the poor, the jobless, and the youth. That is all. Organize at the smallest level, everywhere, with most flexibility. Get rid of rigidity, and control. Believe in the awareness and good interest of the people. If the part leaders are good, honest, and smart people, millions will join KP or any other party. The people know the hidden power-monger, the false, the tribalist, and the 'clever'... those leaders are losers. They will have zero following. Kare. Yichalal.

Let's focus on how we can change Woyane and bring democracy to our country.

most oxymoronic conjecture i have ever seen, but who says it can't be.Ethiopia is waiting for democracy as the fashion of the times.
Its good that ethiopia joins the world in singing this song. even fascists couldn't escape this song now.

Cahvez is a dictator Musharef is progressive reformist.

Awalom, do really expect me to respond to this kind of stuff?