Ethiopian Review Readers Forum

Ethiopian Review Readers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Formation of a new government....

QUESTION: Recently, the opposition parties are trying to engage the public to discuss if they have to draw in the parliament or not. But Ethiopian Government banned such kind of discussion. Do you have anything on that?

MR. MCCORMACK: And this is in Ethiopia?

QUESTION: Yeah.

MR. MCCORMACK: We urge all parties to continue to resolve any disputes or challenges to the results through existing legal channels. We expect all political parties to work through any future phases of this process, including the formation of a new government, in a peaceful, transparent and democratic manner.

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/dpb/2005/52613.htm

Re: Formation of a new government....

This is so disappointing coming from the US and the Bush Administration, they as usual say one thing and do another, we Ethiopians have been hearing this repeating from the State Dept. time and time again but they won't say anything else while people are dying and the dictator threatens and mocks the EU's work and talks of genocide...and the US says time and time again:

We urge all parties to continue to resolve any disputes or challenges to the results through existing legal channels. We expect all political parties to work through any future phases of this process, including the formation of a new government, in a peaceful, transparent and democratic manner."

This will have the following effects:

1) Assumes the Judiciary is Independent even when the EU as observers says otherwise.

2) Knowing that the gov't is killing people and the opposition being killed, imprisoned and their rights violated day in and day out the US keeps repeating this garbage!

3) Assumes the NEB is neutral although the EU confirmed that the Judiciary and the NEB are more intertwined than any institution, in other words Woyane's extension cord.

4) The US is basically saying that they will give support to any killings and undemocratic actions by the regime including fraud and killings of the opposition parties and the population as long as they give the 'false impression'that democracy is on the right track!

NOTHING IS NEW, THE USUAL DOUBLE STANDARD THE US IS FAMOUS FOR IN THE WORLD! HOW SHAMEFUL!

*I hope this in no doublt let Ethiopian Review, all civic ethiopian organizations as well as political parties that the West, in particular the US, don't care about the suffering of the people. The EU is a different story but since the US is the world leader and not the EU, that does not matter. Further, no wonder Meles and Isayas are the only African countries that were part of the fake Iraq coalition, for political purposes since they are working together anyway.

I have to blame also the absence of Lobbying efforts on the part of those who live in the US and in DC in particular, this was their responsability! On top of demonstrations, they should have raised money and lobbied. What is the CUD DC doing in DC anyway?!?!? Does anyone know? Are they not the biggest diaspora representatives of Ethiopians?!?! Being in DC has it's obvious advantages...why are they not doing anything at this critical time. LOBBY CONGRESS IDIOTS!!!

Hi all,

Why guys rely on U.S. any way? They're changing their stands many times on the particular issue. One time they show they're enemy and other time friends. Look the Taliban issue. They were using them as a whip to punish the Russians and next day they're bombing them as enemies. What is new in U.S. policy? The future of our
people is not on the hands of U.S. but on Almighty God! The resource is our own people not U.S. Just tell me one big institution or project that has been established by U.S through out the last 100 yrs of 'friendship'. If they were concerned about us they will change it overnight like they did in Taiwan. Yes you can tell me tons of wheat they cherished when we were in need. That way they're saving money by buying some dictators like Meles with their aid, instead of dumping into ocean and subsidize their farmers. It is a win-win situation to dump it in a vaccum where they benefit politically as far as we're beggers. So it doesn't surprise me when U.S. is doing this. I would be surprised if they do the opposite.

Have faith in God; our best day is ahead of us, regardless of U.S. policy on the issue. People's struggle for democracy is already start burning and no body will dare to stop it...whatever, whoever,whenever...until we see the freedom on our land and get the whishy-whashies surprised!!

God bless our people!

City: Canada

Hey guys,

This is our war not the Americans. Let’s all stand in unison to show the world that we really have had enough of the brutalities of the EPRDF and let’s stand up in unison. We should pay the ultimate sacrifice so that our country can survive. I’m sure the world will stand by us because this is a war for freedom and a war against the beast.

Email: @yahoo.com

City: Debre Zeit

The U.S administration’s Africa policy is said to be comprised of three interlocking strategies for the region:

First, countries with major impact in their neighborhood, such as South Africa, Nigeria, Kenya and Ethiopia, are seen as anchors for regional engagement and require focused attention. It is obvious that South Africa and Nigeria are seen as major players because of their size and economic significance. Ethiopia and Kenya are valued mainly for their strategic importance in the War on Terrorism.

Where there is an Economy and trade interest, logically, the administration wishes for democracy and stability. On the other hand, where there is an interest, such as, the so-called “War on Terrorism”, the policy prefers to deal with a weak regime that it can easily use and abuse. Yes friend, I do wonder as well when you say, “no wonder Meles and Isayas are the only African countries that were part of the fake Iraq coalition”. This was the saddest moment. What is funny is that I had watched a clip where both these oppressors bowing down on the foot of Saddam back in time. Saddam supported them to fight Mengistu. Well, I am no supporter of Saddam but the whole drama reveals the true nature of these men. Confused confused confused!

How sad for Ethiopian/Eritreans people with a very arrogant dictators in their head. Yes, we should not waste any more energy expecting any good to come out from the U.S. They are not able to solve their own problems, leave alone to deal with ours.

I agree with unity in saying “the world will stand by us because this is a war for freedom and a war against the beast” If we stand together without illusion, we will make it and the good people of the world will support us for that is human nature.

Ethiopia shall soon stretch out her hands!

The Press release is the best thing that has happened in a long while. Do not expect the US to give you power on a silver platter. The fact that the US policy has shifted from standing in the way of the opposition and in support of the government to a neutral position asking both the government and the opposition to work out thei differences, suggests that it is now tilting in the direction of the opposition. A couple of stupid moves by Meles for example banning CUD from meeting and arresting or cracking down on the opposition would seal Meles's fate. This is time to celebrate not to complain.

Yilma can comment on this. Lately Yilma has become an interesting character. He is both for keeping in the right dircetion and at the same time changing course.

Ankasa Doro aka
Sebara Kirar aka
Mamo Qilo

my dear ethiopian

I thing this thing is over,why just join the parlament make the country froward ,I do not blame you guys becouse it was the frist election ever happen in ethiopia say thanks EPRDF.

time is coming ethier join or IK 45,I just want to see MAMO QILO carring AK45.I dought it !

bee ready for 2010 but for now it is oVER OVER OVER

congragulation for EPRDF
FIVE MORE YEARS !FIVE MORE YEARS!

Email: abdulnasir@cox,net

City: washington

Who is mumbling here? Harar? Go away! You don't belong here. You said it: you are good only to carry an AK 45. Nothing more. This forum does not entertain mules.

City: A.A

who do they think these CUD professors and doctors are?
The american empire is busy in iraq. ethiopia is the last place they want any chaos or mess now. not this time.
They have run out of colors for africa. All colors have been given to the Caucus and eastern europe.
let alone CUD government, Just the name CUD in Addis has made some hair rise on the necks of bihereseboch. Thats before they even got to the window.

The Americans, Russians, Chinese, Canadians...have all made up their minds that no shenanigan in ethiopia. If something goes wrong, they cannot and don't want to handle such a big mess in a country where the people don't know how to do right anything,but war.Ethiopia is also at all times one of the most heavily aremed countries.

All countries just talking, couldn't move to darfur in a year now. Where they don't have immediate interest, some of them have good will towards the people of ethiopia. The Canadians have no ill will or irresponsible behaviour to any nation, let alone ethiopia.

I don't know if CUD was banking on the Italians who have been put in line by EPRDF in short order, unlike Janhoy and Derg who in 50 years couldn't clean up the Mustard gas depot or return the obelisk.

Or maybe CUD was counting on the egyptians and eritreans to send some terrorists and a combination of taxi cabbies in Addis to bring democracy.

Americans have their soldiers in harms way there. Can't trust CUD to scout somalia. EPRDF has been known to deliver any commitment they took, wether as far as liberia, brundi or the horn of africa. CUD wouldn't have a clue what to do. They wouldn't even secure the railroads to Addis.

The tinderbox old poor empire would be on fire everywhere.

1861-1865 under Abraham Lincoln the north won the war for the unity of one country later U.S.A.1861-1868 Emperor Tewodros fought the British regements, who helped the Emperor out side Gondar? none.Yohaness let Napier regements to Meqdela fortress the greatest thief in Ethiopian history.

Email: DillingerJ1@aol.com

City: DC

Who financing tplf and co.?the answer's simple its the so called great britain who hated by Scottland and the crown of Emperor Tewodros sits in Albert museum thus the thief managed helped Lij Alemayehu to britain later died i dought natural cause.

THE THIEF WAS YOHANESS.